• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think LeBron should sign with Portland...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you are assuming that LeBron would be able to partner with other top FAs there. I just don't think that is realistic in a city like Portland. It is much easier to do in Miami, LA, New York, etc.

Lillard and McCollum ring any bells? Let's be honest when LeBron is 34-35 in a few years he is in fact going to be better suited as a third scorer.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard and McCollum ring any bells? Let's be honest when LeBron is 34-35 in a few years he is in fact going to be better suited as a third scorer.

Lillard + McCollum is no better than any of the talent in the places I listed above. In order to make Portland a better destination, you would need to add another superstar in addition to LeBron. I don't think that is realistic in Portland for reasons that extend beyond money. It has never been a free agent destination.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lillard + McCollum is no better than any of the talent in the places I listed above. In order to make Portland a better destination, you would need to add another superstar in addition to LeBron. I don't think that is realistic in Portland for reasons that extend beyond money. It has never been a free agent destination.

So, what exactly do the Heat, Lakers, and Knicks have besides an aging Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what exactly do the Heat, Lakers, and Knicks have besides an aging Dwyane Wade and Carmelo Anthony?

I did not list the Knicks. The Heat are as good as Portland short term, and in the East.

Like I said, the Lakers would have to sign another star also. Again, not happening.

LeBron is staying.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not list the Knicks. The Heat are as good as Portland short term, and in the East.

Like I said, the Lakers would have to sign another star also. Again, not happening.

LeBron is staying.

...And the Pacers are a couple of good role players away from taking the Cavs down....We're going to put Kevin Love in a blender with these new options we have on offense.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, where to start.

1. Lebron doesn't turn 32 until almost 3 months into the next season.

2. He's the best player on the planet. He's many years away from being a third scorer.

3. He's well above Bird already.

But it would be funny to see that Finals matchup. Lowest ratings possibly ever.

Thoroughly disagree with the bolded. At least as far as the OP's scenario goes. If LeBron was in Portland, a Blazers-Indiana Finals would get ratings.

It wouldn't matter what market. Hell, if LeBron ended up in Toronto, a Toronto NBA Finals would get huge ratings. Because people will watch because of LeBron.

Some because they are LeBron fans. Some because they loathe the man.

Do you think anyone would watch the Cavs if LeBron wasn't there?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James says he isn't leaving Cleveland and will re-sign with Cavs
Though reports suggest otherwise, I think he would be a better fit in Portland now that he finally brought a title to Cleveland. He's going to be 32 before the start of the new year, and in such a situation he could settle in as a third scorer as his career winds down. Seriously, if he were to win titles with three different teams I'd rank him above Larry Bird on the all-time small forwards list.
Just imagine - Pacers vs. Blazers for 2017 finals, and Mr. $tern commits suicide in his retirement home.:yahoo:
What the hell was you drinking the night you wrote this any way? That had to be one hell of a drink

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...And the Pacers are a couple of good role players away from taking the Cavs down....We're going to put Kevin Love in a blender with these new options we have on offense.
before you start talking crazy lets see the Pacers win a playoff series.

LeBron has not lost an eastern conference playoff series in , what? 18 tries? I mean- i guess you never know- and i would give the East more of a chance if not for Kyrie really elevating his game. Kyrie is not even in his prime yet.

and say what you will about Love- before the finals- he was playing great in the playoffs- he is still one of the best rebounders in the league, and one of the best big man shooters in the league, and a great passer. the dude is valuable.

but kyrie i think is the problem....when lebron gets help like that its just so tough to beat him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoroughly disagree with the bolded. At least as far as the OP's scenario goes. If LeBron was in Portland, a Blazers-Indiana Finals would get ratings.

It wouldn't matter what market. Hell, if LeBron ended up in Toronto, a Toronto NBA Finals would get huge ratings. Because people will watch because of LeBron.

Some because they are LeBron fans. Some because they loathe the man.

Do you think anyone would watch the Cavs if LeBron wasn't there?
I guess. People love Lebron, sure, but those two markets are just blah. They wouldn't be the lowest ever, you're right, but they wouldn't be anywhere near these last two seasons. Lebron leaving and then returning to Cleveland is a storyline the average NBA fan can get behind. Factor in the Warriors having the best TV ratings of any NBA team and it's easy to see why these last two Finals are the highest rated ever (5 of the 10 highest rated Finals games ever happened in the last 2 years).

Lebron in Portland? What's the storyline? Also, nobody outside of Indiana gives a shit about the Pacers, and they have no enigmatic players to get behind.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
before you start talking crazy lets see the Pacers win a playoff series.

LeBron has not lost an eastern conference playoff series in , what? 18 tries? I mean- i guess you never know- and i would give the East more of a chance if not for Kyrie really elevating his game. Kyrie is not even in his prime yet.

and say what you will about Love- before the finals- he was playing great in the playoffs- he is still one of the best rebounders in the league, and one of the best big man shooters in the league, and a great passer. the dude is valuable.

but kyrie i think is the problem....when lebron gets help like that its just so tough to beat him.

I still think Kyrie and Kevin Love are going to have their problems defensively in the long run. Cleveland was fortunate to get their title while LeBron is still in his prime.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron is staying.
The Lakers simply must find a way to get the new team of players up to 30 wins or more. Once that happens, quality players will see the potential. Now if Lebron was wanting to team up with Wade again or someone else, Mitch Kupchak would gladly take the gift, but otherwise, the Lakers are going to have a tough time

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Kyrie and Kevin Love are going to have their problems defensively in the long run. Cleveland was fortunate to get their title while LeBron is still in his prime.

I agree with this, but they are still light years ahead of everyone else in the East. That is not changing this year.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Watch Dwade sign with LeBron and the Cavs. They would have to send JR Smith to the nearest homeless shelter though.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um....

That data is cherry picked big time. 1 year of stats where Bird had arguably his best career season and one of LeBron's weaker campaigns. Moving along.

Their career numbers are similar, but pace was faster in the 80s and defense was better today than it was then.

:lol: Bird looks better, so stats are "cherry picked." If they were reversed, you'd be saying that it proves Lebron is better.

Defense isn't better today than it was in the 80's. Offenses today play at a slower pace with lots of iso's. That's not better defense, it's worse offense.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Bird looks better, so stats are "cherry picked." If they were reversed, you'd be saying that it proves Lebron is better.

Defense isn't better today than it was in the 80's. Offenses today play at a slower pace with lots of iso's. That's not better defense, it's worse offense.

No I wouldn't. You can't look at stats from 1 season and make the case that they prove a player's entire career is better. That makes no sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I wouldn't. You can't look at stats from 1 season and make the case that they prove a player's entire career is better. That makes no sense.

From what I saw, it wasn't about who had the better career. It was about how each player performed at age 30.