• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think LeBron should sign with Portland...

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James says he isn't leaving Cleveland and will re-sign with Cavs
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/l...leaving-cleveland-and-will-re-sign-with-cavs/
Though reports suggest otherwise, I think he would be a better fit in Portland now that he finally brought a title to Cleveland. He's going to be 32 before the start of the new year, and in such a situation he could settle in as a third scorer as his career winds down. Seriously, if he were to win titles with three different teams I'd rank him above Larry Bird on the all-time small forwards list.
Just imagine - Pacers vs. Blazers for 2017 finals, and Mr. $tern commits suicide in his retirement home.:yahoo:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me at "settle in as a third scorer"

He already is above Larry btw. And Kyrie >>> Lillard

:clap::clap::clap:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron James says he isn't leaving Cleveland and will re-sign with Cavs
Though reports suggest otherwise, I think he would be a better fit in Portland now that he finally brought a title to Cleveland. He's going to be 32 before the start of the new year, and in such a situation he could settle in as a third scorer as his career winds down. Seriously, if he were to win titles with three different teams I'd rank him above Larry Bird on the all-time small forwards list.
Just imagine - Pacers vs. Blazers for 2017 finals, and Mr. $tern commits suicide in his retirement home.:yahoo:
Wow, where to start.

1. Lebron doesn't turn 32 until almost 3 months into the next season.

2. He's the best player on the planet. He's many years away from being a third scorer.

3. He's well above Bird already.

But it would be funny to see that Finals matchup. Lowest ratings possibly ever.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody here have any ideas on the next dumb LeBron thread to be posted in this forum?

How about:

1. Should LeBron switch to the NFL (ala Nate Robinson) to prove that he is the best all around athlete.

2. Should LeBron go to an NBA cellar dweller to prove that he can do it w/o the help of other superstars

These threads are getting worse by the day. Give it up already - he is staying w/ the Cavs & still has a lot left in the tank. If some believe that others in history are better than him - great - this is a debate that can never be settled.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, where to start.

1. Lebron doesn't turn 32 until almost 3 months into the next season.

2. He's the best player on the planet. He's many years away from being a third scorer.

3. He's well above Bird already.

^ this ^

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is feeling like a King right now. He in his mind is loved by all and considered a hero, this is the feeling LeBron has always wanted to feel since joining the NBA. He won't leave Cleveland because he knows if he leaves Cleveland the critics will come crawling out again.

The only reason to leave Cleveland is if LeBron wants his own legacy of winning a title on as many teams possible and breaking some sort of record that way.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly thread. First, LeBron is staying. Second, if he left, Portland would not even be in his top 5. Leaving Kyrie for Lillard is pointless. They are essentially the same player.

You know where he would be completely unbeatable though?

Golden State. Won't happen, but it would be ridiculous if it did.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly thread. First, LeBron is staying. Second, if he left, Portland would not even be in his top 5. Leaving Kyrie for Lillard is pointless. They are essentially the same player.

You know where he would be completely unbeatable though?

Golden State. Won't happen, but it would be ridiculous if it did.

Silly thread??? Sounds like you take this board much too seriously...I know it's not too realistic, but Paul Allen is one of the richest men in the world and they don't have any major financial commitments right now besides Lillard (with McCollum due for an extension this fall)...

Not top five?

I dare you to find a better situation basketball-wise other than the one he's currently in with Cleveland.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I almost forgot just how bad the Eastern Conference was in 2013...The fact that we took the Heat to seven (and with Miami making Roy Hibbert look like Wilt Chaimberlain in the process) showed that our team was able to raise it's game in the Playoffs...

We'll be much better in 2017, though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silly thread??? Sounds like you take this board much too seriously...I know it's not too realistic, but Paul Allen is one of the richest men in the world and they don't have any major financial commitments right now besides Lillard (with McCollum due for an extension this fall)...

Not top five?

I dare you to find a better situation basketball-wise other than the one he's currently in with Cleveland.

Easy:

Golden state
San Antonio
LA Clippers
LA Lakers (with another top FA like Durant)
Boston
Miami
Indiana
Washington
Indiana
Milwaukee

All as good or better than Portland. The Blazers overachieved this year. Sure, they would be championship contenders if you added LeBron, but so would half of the teams in the league. Most of the Eastern teams listed are as good as Portland in terms of core pieces, but they gain an edge because they are in the East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you are assuming that LeBron would be able to partner with other top FAs there. I just don't think that is realistic in a city like Portland. It is much easier to do in Miami, LA, New York, etc.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost forgot just how bad the Eastern Conference was in 2013...The fact that we took the Heat to seven (and with Miami making Roy Hibbert look like Wilt Chaimberlain in the process) showed that our team was able to raise it's game in the Playoffs...

We'll be much better in 2017, though.

Yeah the Pacers had their chances in the playoffs a couple times and failed miserably. They had the 1 seed the next year and lost in 6. That is most likely the best Pacers team you will see in a long time and they couldn't get out of the weak East.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think he may leave for another city before he retires but I think he's with Cleveland for the next 2-3 years at least.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's in the NFL by 2018.

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd scorer? lol. He has a young stacked team. He'd be stupid to leave again.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Pacers had their chances in the playoffs a couple times and failed miserably. They had the 1 seed the next year and lost in 6. That is most likely the best Pacers team you will see in a long time and they couldn't get out of the weak East.

2013 is???

Dude, stick to college football. We had much better teams in the 90's, as well as in 2000 and 2004.