• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Duke will win it all

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you rather be 38-1 without a national title? Think anyone will give a shit that Kentucky went 38-1 2 years from now?

Kentucky had one goal this year. WIN IT ALL

Wasn't that the reason they did not cut down the nets after winning the SEC tournament? Kentucky season was a failure.

And here I thought they wanted to have commemorative scissors to take away from the Tourney.:lol:

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon douggie that's ridiculous. Quoting a mock draft. You think NBA potential matters tomorrow? In that case, I really am glad Arizona had Stanley Johnson over Frank Kaminsky last weekend, you know, because people think he will be better in the NBA!

Draft Express in the leading NBA draft projections listing on the web. But you're right. None of that matters. Kinda like the pissing contests here on the Hoop.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be key see what type of impact Jones and Allen make.

Duke has moved on from Suliamon with ease but he was a huge part of that first win.

Winslow game is at a new level though

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you rather be 38-1 without a national title? Think anyone will give a shit that Kentucky went 38-1 2 years from now?

Kentucky had one goal this year. WIN IT ALL

Wasn't that the reason they did not cut down the nets after winning the SEC tournament? Kentucky season was a failure.
Got 8 National Championship banners. How many does your team have? 38-1 and Final Four? I'll take it as 9th or 10th best season in program history

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Kaminsky and Dekker over Okafor and Winslow

You'd really take Dekker over Winslow? That's insane.

Also, as Codaxx says, Okafor may be lacking on defense, but so does Kaminsky.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams have hit there peeks at the exact same time. I fully expect this to be one hell of a battle on Monday!

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Dekker get his revenge after a rough showing last time?

Dekker was playing on a visibly injured ankle for virtually the entire fall. He sprained it badly before the season started, and aggravated it right before the Boise game. Several people associated with the program regretted the fact that Dekker was playing at all after that, but we didn't have the depth to rest him because we were redshirting Ethan Happ, the only guy who can play his role.

He didn't fully recover until Christmastime, and he was visibly hobbling for the six game stretch between Boise and Milwaukee (a stretch where the coaches were only playing him 20 MPG). He averaged 7 PPG in those games, compared to 15+ PPG over the rest of the season.

If Dekker plays like he did last time, something went wrong.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, based on what? How is Kaminsky a bad defender? He has one of the highest defensive rebound percentages in the country. He doesn't foul. He contests every shot. He forces turnovers.

Yes, he'll get backed over sometimes, but all advanced metrics have him as a top 50 defender nationally. It's tough to be a big man stranded in a man-to-man defensive scheme, but Frank does a damn good job.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, based on what? How is Kaminsky a bad defender? He has one of the highest defensive rebound percentages in the country. He doesn't foul. He contests every shot. He forces turnovers.

Yes, he'll get backed over sometimes, but all advanced metrics have him as a top 50 defender nationally. It's tough to be a big man stranded in a man-to-man defensive scheme, but Frank does a damn good job.

He does not block shots (94th in NCAA and lower per minute). He gets backed down. Defensive rebounding has nothing to do with defense, ask Kevin Love about that one. His greatest attribute in playing defense is his ability to draw a charge, which some can appreciate and others can not stand.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who think Wisconsin will "smash" Duke should no longer be allowed to post on this board.

Can Wisconsin win? Heck yeah they can but I don't see either team smashing the other

I fully expect it to be a back & forth game just as Kentucky and Wisconsin last night

Winslow is the key for Duke and can Okafor stop Kaminski? Gonna be a dog fight. I am thinking the finaly 30 seconds will determine this game. Also, both teams must make ALL of their FTs

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winslow is the key for Duke and can Okafor stop Kaminski? Gonna be a dog fight. I am thinking the finaly 30 seconds will determine this game. Also, both teams must make ALL of their FTs

I expect Kaminsky/Okafor to scratch each other out. Kaminsky guarded Towns and gave up 7-11 shooting. I would expect similar results with Okafor. Kaminsky will get his, Wisconsin designs a lot of plays for him. The key will be pace. Winslow is big there. That guy is amazing and he can get down the court.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Kaminsky is a awful defender by any means and he's def better than Okafor at this point on D

But if you think D rebounding means good D...I truly don't know what to say.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin beats Duke. Just my opinion.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUKE was a young team when they beat a veteran senior laden Wisky team on their home floor already.

Wisky has improved. But, Duke is suddenly scary good. All that young talent is growing up.

And yet nobody is talking about them all season.

This might be the best DUKE team in years, but all the publicity goes elsewhere.

I cannot remember less hype about a DUKE team in 20 years.

CelticPride89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put my money on duke. Okafor is a beast. But I'm rooting for the badgers.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bad enough that Coach K schedules cupcakes during the regular season. Now fate has given them the easiest route in the tournament. K is a great coach, he has earned that title, but no other coach has been so lucky. He could be coaching for his ninth title tonight. On the other hand, Duke is a thrown game, suspect officiating and unlucky half-court miss away from him coaching for his first. Also, he never had to coach in an era where you had to win your conference tournament or compete against John Wooden. Duke by 20 tonight. Duke is a bad matchup for Wisconsin. Once again, lucky for K.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep. Winslow is a great player, reminds me of MKG, only a better shooter. Nut yeah, I think Dekker is better. He plays within the flow of the game. He could take his man in or out, anytime

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is bad enough that Coach K schedules cupcakes during the regular season. Now fate has given them the easiest route in the tournament. K is a great coach, he has earned that title, but no other coach has been so lucky. He could be coaching for his ninth title tonight. On the other hand, Duke is a thrown game, suspect officiating and unlucky half-court miss away from him coaching for his first. Also, he never had to coach in an era where you had to win your conference tournament or compete against John Wooden. Duke by 20 tonight. Duke is a bad matchup for Wisconsin. Once again, lucky for K.

:L

He schedules cupcakes in the regular season? Are you dumb? Michigan State, Wisconsin, the defending champs, St. Johns, Temple, & Stanford were all on Duke schedule this year.

None of them would fall under cupcakes. Duke route was so easy that almost all of the "experts" had them eliminated before the elite 8. Duke SOS was 11th & NCSS was 40th. San Diego State, Utah, & Gonzaga isn't exactly a easy route to the final 4

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this ended the thing about if UK could beat a pro team. They couldn't handle 4 whites and a token.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:eek: