• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I still think Ref's should need to do press conference too

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players get fined for not speaking to the media. Losing players and coaches who don't want to talk to the cameras are forced to do it. So why doesn't the league require the officials to come to the podium to explain certain key calls that they made? It may even benefit them. Today's pass interference that ended up not being a pass interference is one I'd like explained. Maybe the ref who ultimately convinced the others that it was a clean play could explain why he made that decision. I'd love to see them replay it on a screen behind him and have him walk us through why it was good non-call. Then maybe it would make sense to the average football fan. As it is now all that will be written about and all that will be talked about all week is that call.

If players and coaches need to explain their game I see no reason why refs can't do the same. They are as big of a part of the game as the players so lets hear their side after games.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players get fined for not speaking to the media. Losing players and coaches who don't want to talk to the cameras are forced to do it. So why doesn't the league require the officials to come to the podium to explain certain key calls that they made? It may even benefit them. Today's pass interference that ended up not being a pass interference is one I'd like explained. Maybe the ref who ultimately convinced the others that it was a clean play could explain why he made that decision. I'd love to see them replay it on a screen behind him and have him walk us through why it was good non-call. Then maybe it would make sense to the average football fan. As it is now all that will be written about and all that will be talked about all week is that call.

If players and coaches need to explain their game I see no reason why refs can't do the same. They are as big of a part of the game as the players so lets hear their side after games.
The refs didn't lose the game for Detroit... :L

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG, you are an intelligent guy. Just acknowledge that the refs gave you one hell of a boost in this game. To deny it makes you look like a blind homer. I know you are smarter than that.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GG, you are an intelligent guy. Just acknowledge that the refs gave you one hell of a boost in this game. To deny it makes you look like a blind homer. I know you are smarter than that.

Way too funny. Way too much credit

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs didn't lose the game for Detroit... :L

This game is one I'd like explained, but I'm talking just in general. Throughout the season every week there are always call made that are ticky tack and effect games. Why are the refs so above reproach that they can't answer some questions after a game too? Something like "The flag was thrown and PI was announced, and then after some discussion the flag was picked up. What was discussed that made you reverse the call?" What would be wrong with getting that perspective?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think when the refs are making millions a year, the NFL will be able to demand they stay for press conferences like they do players & coaches

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think when the refs are making millions a year, the NFL will be able to demand they stay for press conferences like they do players & coaches

Money shouldn't be a factor. They should be able and even willing to explain why they called things one way or the other.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No call on a player running onto the field bitching with no helmet is a fifteen yard penalty and a 1st down,not called,nope nothing to see here.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe West after blowing a call in the MLB playoffs a few years ago had this to say after being shown the video

I trust my eyes more than any electronic device you have.

As a Lions fan, I will say this about this game

The calls hurt, but the Lions should not have allowed the score to be close enough for the Refs to be a difference. They should have put this game away when they had the chances.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No call on a player running onto the field bitching with no helmet is a fifteen yard penalty and a 1st down,not called,nope nothing to see here.

Spinning a ball on the ground after a first down is supposed to be a delay of game penalty. It hasn't been called in years, especially on Steve Smith. So there's that...

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spinning a ball on the ground after a first down is supposed to be a delay of game penalty. It hasn't been called in years, especially on Steve Smith. So there's that...

Excuse me but i have seen the calls against players not wearing a helmet this year many times.