• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I should have listened to Terry Bradshaw

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a friend get shingles and it was a painful experience for him... Took a long while to go away, and I guess it's from the chickenpox virus, so anyone can get it who's had the chickenpox because the virus lay's dormant forever in your body... Hope it's not a bad case, if you have it ...
If you have not had chicken pox, you can get chicken pox from somebody with shingles.....

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update. So I got the first shingrix shot in Oct, I doubled down with a flu shot. Usually I pass on the flu shot because it gets me feeling sick, and I rarely catch the flu, but with my wife being in the HIGH Risk category for Covid, I thought it was the right thing to do. Of course I got sick and it was way worse than usual, I assumed it was the flu shot that got me.

Yesterday I got dose #2 of the shingrix, and it completely fucked me over.

In hind sight I wish I just risked the Shingles again.
Dang. I might have Shingles & never even knew it.
It appears on my back near my belt line. Same place from when I was a kid I got hit in the back from Barbwire on a stick. Always just thought it had something to do with that. Never really hurts though. just annoying. When it rears its ugly head. I just clean it with rubbing alcohol & ride it out. never knew there was a shot for it either? is like a yearly shot like the flu or something else?

BTW the video was classic. LOL

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dang. I might have Shingles & never even knew it.
It appears on my back near my belt line. Same place from when I was a kid I got hit in the back from Barbwire on a stick. Always just thought it had something to do with that. Never really hurts though. just annoying. When it rears its ugly head. I just clean it with rubbing alcohol & ride it out. never knew there was a shot for it either? is like a yearly shot like the flu or something else?

BTW the video was classic. LOL
How often does it rear its ugly head?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
very rarely
Next time they do see a Dr. By the way you might want to mention shingles, first Dr. and his PA were both cluelessit wasn't until a few days later when I saw MY Dr. was it diagnosed.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have not had chicken pox, you can get chicken pox from somebody with shingles.....

If that’s a question it’s a good one, time for some google education ! I’m gonna need to look that up ... I imagine it’s possible, but don’t know for sure

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that’s a question it’s a good one, time for some google education ! I’m gonna need to look that up ... I imagine it’s possible, but don’t know for sure

Per CDC

Quick Facts
  • You cannot get shingles from someone who has shingles.
  • You can get chickenpox from someone who has shingles if you have never had chickenpox or never received the chickenpox vaccine.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wife and i have been trying to get the vaccine for a couple of years, but the vaccine has been on short supply. Finally got the first shots last week, second shot is due in a few months.
I get my second shot sometime this week. On the 6th or thereabouts I believe,

@Hangman Sorry to hear that about your mom.

@Manster7588 Sorry to hear about you as well. Is it too late to get something to treat it with? The shots? Something else?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get my second shot sometime this week. On the 6th or thereabouts I believe,

@Hangman Sorry to hear that about your mom.

@Manster7588 Sorry to hear about you as well. Is it too late to get something to treat it with? The shots? Something else?
I got my 2nd shot so hopefully I'm good to go. Tiredness is a side affect of Shingrix. Thing is prescription pain killers don't make me drowsy, but this knocks me out.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my 2nd shot so hopefully I'm good to go. Tiredness is a side affect of Shingrix. Thing is prescription pain killers don't make me drowsy, but this knocks me out.
Here's to hoping that shit don't come back on you again.