• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I see Pacman Jones Still is an A-hole

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will forever be that guy regardless what he say's. Sure he's been a "model citizen" in Cincinnati but so wasn't Hernandez and look what he did.
Hernandez and Jones are apples and oranges.

And, the only reason he's that same guy regardless is because people are too shallow to believe people can be better. However, that doesn't mean they're perfect.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And, the only reason he's that same guy regardless is because people are too shallow to believe people can be better. However, that doesn't mean they're perfect.

Funny... a player not on the patriots and this logic is used.. (Not trying to say this about Hernandez because that guy is total scum)..

but nothing Jones has done makes me think he has changed or is capable of changing. Are people capable, absolutely.... Do I think he is... No, and this is a perfect example

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny... a player not on the patriots and this logic is used.. (Not trying to say this about Hernandez because that guy is total scum)..

but nothing Jones has done makes me think he has changed or is capable of changing. Are people capable, absolutely.... Do I think he is... No, and this is a perfect example
I'd agree with you if only he did this all the time. He doesn't. Sucks that it happened, and he should be fined or punished however it works out. But, he's certainly worlds from where he was as a rookie.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he should have got ejected.
I don't think he will be suspended, but will get fined by the NFL after they see the replays this week

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with you if only he did this all the time. He doesn't. Sucks that it happened, and he should be fined or punished however it works out. But, he's certainly worlds from where he was as a rookie.

ok, that is true about him different than his rookie year. So PERHAPS something has changed but I still don't think he has. I agree with you in the fine/suspension and I commend you for not just blindly defending the guy. Which a lot of posters do when it comes to players and teams.

I wonder though how much of a distraction he is to a team. It has to wear on a team when that's what they all talk about instead of the actual win.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, that is true about him different than his rookie year. So PERHAPS something has changed but I still don't think he has. I agree with you in the fine/suspension and I commend you for not just blindly defending the guy. Which a lot of posters do when it comes to players and teams.

I wonder though how much of a distraction he is to a team. It has to wear on a team when that's what they all talk about instead of the actual win.
Again, if it happened all the time, I think it would be a bigger deal and a distraction, but honestly, he's been a solid guy on the defense and hasn't been a distraction since he's been in Cincinnati.

I try to be objective. I mean, I didn't see what started it, but that really is irrelevant in any case. You simply can't loose your cool like that. That's not just limited to him, though. We see things like that every week in the NFL where someone gets an unsportsman-like penalty because they retaliated.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take your word for it since it's your team and you know your stuff.

Yeah he really needs to relax... You are doing a very good job being objective

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the NFL rook.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Corey Dillon is a perfect example of a troubled man in Cincy and he reformed and thrived well in NE. People with bad traits and habits can change as long as they're not mentally ill

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Dillon is a perfect example of a troubled man in Cincy and he reformed and thrived well in NE. People with bad traits and habits can change as long as they're not mentally ill

What's up Sonny? You gonna check out Black Mass? Depp looks creepy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the whole shooting up the strip joint and paralyzing a guy is a bit worse than tearing someone's helmet.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman 'in the moment' during Cooper head slam

Jones:

"Whatever you seen, that's what happened," Jones said. "I'm not going to get into all that. I'm here to play football. I don't back done from nobody and I ain't out trying to start nothing. I'm just out playing football."

"There, I was 'in the moment' in that play," Jones said. "Like I said, we're just out playing football. I'm not out to do that. I don't want to hurt my team by no form or fashion but I've got to make sure I protect myself."

Here's Amari:

“I was blocking him on a long run and he got on top of me after the play and ripped my helmet off,” he said. “I mean, it’s football. It’s a physical game so you kind of expect it.”

Sounds like bullshit from Jones to me. You got blocked and somehow in the process of that you have to "protect yourself" by ripping his helmet off etc?

Not buying it. Sounds more like another dirty player/thug who couldn't handle getting blocked or whatever.

Amari has been the professional all business guy since day 1 at Alabama, and his comments reflect it.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman usually only hits women these days

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pacman 'in the moment' during Cooper head slam

Jones:

Here's Amari:

Sounds like bullshit from Jones to me. You got blocked and somehow in the process of that you have to "protect yourself" by ripping his helmet off etc?

Not buying it. Sounds more like another dirty player/thug who couldn't handle getting blocked or whatever.

Amari has been the professional all business guy since day 1 at Alabama, and his comments reflect it.

It's football when a helmet comes off ok, I will buy that. But it's NOT a football play when a player uses said helmet to slam a players head into it

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"How can anyone defend Pacman?" - same Patriots fans who defended spy gate, deflate gate and every other gate, enabling a serial killer and Robert Kraft trouncing Myra's legacy :L

"But Pacman!"