• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I really don't see how I possibly pass this up.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe@Chef99 @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22@TREFF @tlance @Bandit

@SoShady @bksballer89 @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @leftypower @Barilko @The Foot @Trudem@SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle

So this is my keeper/money league. We have to keep 1 with the option for 2. 12 team, non PPR, bonus for long TD's and draft does not snake. I sucked last year and traded some of my guise for picks, but I really don't have a keeper. Here are my "Options": Lacy, Charles, KAllen,MBryant and Edleman (look, I just threw Edleman out there so you can see how sad it is). So I pick 2nd (yes there was a team worse than I) and have an assload of early picks. Dude just offered Howard and Hilton for MY 5th and 6th round picks (and I still have 2 picks in each round from trades). How do I not do this? I should have already hit the button but I wanted some of yoose guise to chime in.................so chime in!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS @averagejoe@Chef99 @TKOSpikes @Yellow Fuzzies @SteelersPride @Ram Tough @MilkSpiller22@TREFF @tlance @Bandit

@SoShady @bksballer89 @broncosmitty @Sam Sportboy @leftypower @Barilko @The Foot @Trudem@SmokingMonkey @HaroldSeattle

So this is my keeper/money league. We have to keep 1 with the option for 2. 12 team, non PPR, bonus for long TD's and draft does not snake. I sucked last year and traded some of my guise for picks, but I really don't have a keeper. Here are my "Options": Lacy, Charles, KAllen,MBryant and Edleman (look, I just threw Edleman out there so you can see how sad it is). So I pick 2nd (yes there was a team worse than I) and have an assload of early picks. Dude just offered Howard and Hilton for MY 5th and 6th round picks (and I still have 2 picks in each round from trades). How do I not do this? I should have already hit the button but I wanted some of yoose guise to chime in.................so chime in!

Well yeah you accept, but will the league allow it? The guy your trading with must have a loaded roster and knows he can't keep these guys, still I would think he could/ should get a better return.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have take it, but wt, those are round 2 picks.......what picks do u have left

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup don't see how you can pass on that

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else does he have? is he just trying to dump because he cant keep the ghuys and wants more draft picks, will league allow it

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what else does he have? is he just trying to dump because he cant keep the ghuys and wants more draft picks, will league allow it
Yes, it is allowed. He'd get nothing for them. I've been trying to get it to be mandatory to keep 2 with the option for 3. Maybe this year will show these guise I'm right. He still has AB and ODB for keepers. He got AB and Howard through trade. I still have 2 4ths, 2 5ths and 2 6ths left. I'm doing this shit. Was able to jew him down to to my middle 5th and MY 6th.................:suds:

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious... if the hottest woman in the world came and sat down next to you at the bar and asked you to come back to her place, would you post on here and ask our opinion on the subject first?

I still think I am reading this wrong, but Howard and Hilton for your 5th and 6th ROUND picks is highway robbery. I wouldn't ask us whether you should do it. I would be asking us how to explain to your commissioner that this isn't collusion.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is allowed. He'd get nothing for them. I've been trying to get it to be mandatory to keep 2 with the option for 3. Maybe this year will show these guise I'm right. He still has AB and ODB for keepers. He got AB and Howard through trade. I still have 2 4ths, 2 5ths and 2 6ths left. I'm doing this shit. Was able to jew him down to to my middle 5th and MY 6th.................:suds:
then yah u take it, your firsts are gone? yuckkk

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are there no other team that has weak keepers? This trade just blows my mind, it's like stealing.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah you accept, but will the league allow it? The guy your trading with must have a loaded roster and knows he can't keep these guys, still I would think he could/ should get a better return.
Honestly this is about the price range he would get for them this time of the year..............actually this is what he would get if he waited until draft day TBH. Hilton would not be a keeper on most teams.................except mine.........hahaha

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly this is about the price range he would get for them this time of the year..............actually this is what he would get if he waited until draft day TBH. Hilton would not be a keeper on most teams.................except mine.........hahaha
The team picking first has better keepers then you do?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually came to me with the trade. I know it seems like robbery but he wouldn't get much more than that (if anything) from other owners. I sold Muscle Hamster for a 5th last year the day of the draft.............I was stacked!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team picking first has better keepers then you do?
Non now................he traded all his players last year for picks..............he will probably have to keep Lat Murray.......at least I had enough brains (yeah right) to grab Lacy, Allen and Bryant as potential keepers. This IS a fun league and we've all been in it for at least 7 years now; League has been around for over 30 and I think I've been in it over 20 now.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't play in any keeper leagues, just dynasty or redraft leagues. Probably a good thing, because I'd be stubborn and throw those players back into the pool before gifting them to someone.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean yeah of course you do the trade. It's within the rules (although it shouldn't be) so why not take advantage of it.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't play in any keeper leagues, just dynasty or redraft leagues. Probably a good thing, because I'd be stubborn and throw those players back into the pool before gifting them to someone.
It was a way for him to get a 5th and 6th as he traded them last year.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I mean yeah of course you do the trade. It's within the rules (although it shouldn't be) so why not take advantage of it.
Here's the thing: I do not like this rule at all and every year I bring it up at the rules meeting. We should either HAVE to keep 2 with an option of a 3rd or scrap the keeper part of this all together. I had to throw back a pretty dam good team (on paper before the season started) in 2015. No way I make all the trades I made last year if I HAD to keep 2.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I don't play in a keeper league and never have. However I'd rather throw them back into the pool with the hope of drafting them, then accepting some marginal draft picks in return. IDK that might be a bad strategy in a keeper league, but think it would set a standard for future trades if nothing else.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this. If I'm your trade partner and tell you I'd rather throw these two back into the pool then accept this offer, do you pass or do you up your offer? Mind you that wouldn't be a bluff on my part, that's exactly what I would do.

Last edited: