• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love the SF area

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't worth talking about politics on boards with others. You won't change anyone's minds and when you dare to have a different opinion you get called every name in the book. Those who camp on those boards/sites know that every opinion they already have are flat out right obviously and you are just a total idiot if you can't see that. What's the point?

Politics and religion just aren't worth talking about online.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't worth talking about politics on boards with others. You won't change anyone's minds and when you dare to have a different opinion you get called every name in the book. Those who camp on those boards/sites know that every opinion they already have are flat out right obviously and you are just a total idiot if you can't see that. What's the point?

Agreed...

My favorite thing about SportsHoopla is that there are designated boards for political or sports talk. ESPN's NFL board had become à political cesspool.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It can be interesting sometimes. A lot of times I get frustrated reading some of the posts on the political board because sometimes I think these guys have trouble grasping even simple economic concepts. When it comes to things like health care and education I really don't have the time to sit around and write a 5 page essay explaining what it wrong with them when maybe 3 people will actually read it.

Typically the normal response is "You're just a [insert political party here] [insert general stereotype associated with said political party here]"

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think talking about politics/religion online is not so much about persuading people to agree with you but the enjoyment of the thought provoking discussions that are associated with it.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It ruins my family get together's like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, I was just looking for suggestions on things to do that the average tourist might not do because it's not on the HOT list.

Is Balboa area worth checking out in April?

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of San Francisco I've been wanting some sourdough bread from Boudin, hell even Ghiradelli chocolate sounds good at the moment.

Fuck it. I'll just order the bread online.

Weird how that happens, you have a few drinks with friends. Come home and order bread online.

Last edited by a moderator:

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Bodega Bay?