• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I like what wats had to say today

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
** Nebraska's experience on offense is showing up in this preseason camp, Watson said. He sees a unit that's playing with confidence. "We've made plays," he said. "We're making a good handful of plays against a great defense. It's been exciting to see how far we've come. We've got to put it on film when it really counts, in a game."

Compared to last year at this time, the offense has been much more effective, he said.

** True freshman wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (6-2, 205 pounds) "has put himself in the hunt for depth at receiver," Watson said. A native of Moreno Valley, Calif., Enunwa possesses strong hands, Watson said. "He plays big and he plays fast," the coach said. "He has the ability to get in and out of cut. He functions very well in space and in tight proximity. He's really a complete player. We're really pleased with him."

** Nebraska's top three receivers are clear-cut: Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie and Mike McNeill. "The competition for the other three spots has been pretty spirited, pretty tight," Watson said.

Life in the Red's Blog | Watson lauds QBs' maturity

landon410

In the deed the glory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
no one was high on Quincy and here came nebraska offering a scholly

we have some good eyes for talent on this staff

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on Quincy......I think you and I were the only ones though landon.

Listen to me when I say the offense is going to be good this year. Will they be great? No. Will they be good enough? Yes.

We have the pieces in place this season, and the staff is figuring out where everyone fits.

Nebraska will be a top 40 offense this year, and it will be good enough to run the table. Count on it

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About Watson. The OC coaching position at NU wouldn't be a hard one to fill if there turned out to be a vacancy, so Watson obviously has the talent, and Dr. Osborne and Pelini know better than to keep a guy on the staff who doesn't cut it. The offense can't get much worse than it was last year. I'm very anxious to see what they can do with some depth now and some guy's who aren't playing through injuries.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it would be hard to fill........ Just saying it would be hard to find a better OC/QB coach than watson....

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what I mean is that I'm sure there is a line formed for the position, and not too many would turn their nose up at it, so it's not like we just settled for Watson

HuskerResurrected

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Of course Watson is going to say positive things about the offense. They were our reason for many losses last year and all eyes are on Nebraska's offense and if it can improve...Watson knows the state of Nebraska is watching him and he is going to tell us good things...Just wait until we play a team with a decent defense and the Watson hate will return..I hope I am wrong and we do have a great offense, but I am staying skeptical until we face our first true test.

I remember in years past (even this past season) our offense does very well against sub-par defenses and teams, but can't do a damn thing against a decent defense. It's Watsons trend.

HawkeyeHater

Not a drunk
Hoopla Cash
$ 750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that has more to do with offensive line play than with watson... Decent defenses usually start with a solid front 7, and if you mix that with a below par offensive line, and no outside homerun threat, it'll make any oc look like shit

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are gonna be pretty surprised this year........that's all I'm gonna say about that.