• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know its week 1 and shouldnt panic.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have actually dropped Hamilton after the second week. Kipnis being hurt now is a problem. I know I will get some points when Chapman returns as he should be an upgrade over Soriano due to the nats not getting him save ops. I have Rendon to take over at 2b but now its up to Beltre and Fielder to get it figured out. I have added Blackmon and Gordon recently. Blackmon is paired with Trout and Marte for OF until Jones gets it turned around. Bonafacio will have to be plugged in with Kipnis hurt so I have to move Rendon out of the u spot. Gordon is just a matchup player I think.

here's the team now
C-Molina
1b-Fielder
2b-Rendon
3b-Beltre
SS-Ayebar for this week(yanks and at jays park)
OF-Trout, Marte, Blackmon
U-Bonefacio

And I am streaming Colon this week.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scored 280 this week(atm with Hammel) but am 1-4.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if I should just pull the plug and take the hit on OF to get a ace.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Trout on the market. It is the only player you can move who can return multiple impact players.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I move Trout I will have this
Jones
Marte
Blackmon
Bonefacio

Since I claimed Desmond, is Dee Gordon sell high yet? I have him and also Rendon and Murphy for the 2b.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Olt?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Olt?

I thought so too, but the headache is too much. Plus, next week (Mon-Sun) he faces a ton of tough RHP, so definitely not in the starting lineup...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I move Trout I will have this
Jones
Marte
Blackmon
Bonefacio

Since I claimed Desmond, is Dee Gordon sell high yet? I have him and also Rendon and Murphy for the 2b.

Brees,

There have been a lot of ideas posted on here, but I was able to correctly diagnose your team's shortcomings before the season started. If you want to turn things around, you need to heed the advice I am about to give. Your roster build was deeply flawed after the draft and it simply does not allow you to succeed in the format you are playing.

You do not have enough pitching.

Take a look at the waiver wire. There are dozens of quality hitters there. Hitters at every position. There absolutely no need to carry hitters like Murphy, Bonifacio, Olt, etc, on your bench because of the high quality of replacement level hitters. You obviously need to hold on to your big money hitters like Fielder, Trout, Jones, Beltre etc., but there are very few undroppable hitters in this shallow league because you can always find a good injury replacement. If your 3rd OF slumps or gets hurt, you drop him and don't look back.

Your bench needs to be loaded with SPs so that you can take advantage of matchups and 2 start weeks. The advantage gained by starting Murphy over Rendon in a week where he has an extra game or some good hitting matchups will amount to a couple points a week on average. Being able to start a guy like Jon Niese with 2 starts ahead of an average SP with only 1 start and/or a shaky matchup will get you 10+ points a week.

You are literally throwing points out the window by keeping hitters on your bench. You are placing yourself at a huge competitive disadvantage until you correct this mistake.

Your OF is still plenty strong without Trout. I would shop him along with either Desmond/Gordon to upgrade your pitching staff and then drop any excess hitters. There is still time for you to turn things around with a change in strategy.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought so too, but the headache is too much. Plus, next week (Mon-Sun) he faces a ton of tough RHP, so definitely not in the starting lineup...

Yeah thats what I was thinking. I actually looked at weekly points and after a big week the FA 1bs slow down. It is all based on matchups. Cellular is a hitters park, and they have terrible pitching(sans Sale). It really is all about the parks tbh or the opponents.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees,

There have been a lot of ideas posted on here, but I was able to correctly diagnose your team's shortcomings before the season started. If you want to turn things around, you need to heed the advice I am about to give. Your roster build was deeply flawed after the draft and it simply does not allow you to succeed in the format you are playing.

You do not have enough pitching.

Take a look at the waiver wire. There are dozens of quality hitters there. Hitters at every position. There absolutely no need to carry hitters like Murphy, Bonifacio, Olt, etc, on your bench because of the high quality of replacement level hitters. You obviously need to hold on to your big money hitters like Fielder, Trout, Jones, Beltre etc., but there are very few undroppable hitters in this shallow league because you can always find a good injury replacement. If your 3rd OF slumps or gets hurt, you drop him and don't look back.

Your bench needs to be loaded with SPs so that you can take advantage of matchups and 2 start weeks. The advantage gained by starting Murphy over Rendon in a week where he has an extra game or some good hitting matchups will amount to a couple points a week on average. Being able to start a guy like Jon Niese with 2 starts ahead of an average SP with only 1 start and/or a shaky matchup will get you 10+ points a week.

You are literally throwing points out the window by keeping hitters on your bench. You are placing yourself at a huge competitive disadvantage until you correct this mistake.

Your OF is still plenty strong without Trout. I would shop him along with either Desmond/Gordon to upgrade your pitching staff and then drop any excess hitters. There is still time for you to turn things around with a change in strategy.

I'm going to try to shop Trout. Can I say that recently I did offer Trout and Greinke for a ace(forgot who it was) and Wright and it was turned down? That player in return offered Gonzalez(Adrian) and Vargas for Gordon and Greinke, which I of course turned down. And I have Murphy starting in the U spot. Bonefacio has been starting recently because Jones hasn't(until this week) done anything.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now these offers were recently made by me last week. These were done by me in hopes of getting something updated before trying to move Trout. Namely I want Fielder off my hands.

First offer
I offered Soriano, Fielder, and Gordon for Abreu and Strasburg
Second offer
I offered Marte and Gordon for Price.

I did this last night, preparing for trading Trout. What second pitcher should I ask for? In what drafted range or what points range?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First offer
Second offer

I did this last night, preparing for trading Trout. What second pitcher should I ask for? In what drafted range or what points range?

not sure what you mean here... if you're preparing to trade Trout, why are you ridding yourself of your other OF?
second... if you put Trout on the block, tell everyone your needs/wants, you shouldn't have to put much thought into it, if the best offer is good enough, or you can work some kind of counter offer, it should be quite simple.

as for your other offers, if I was the Abreu/Strasburg side, I would decline (even if my OF was bad), and if I was the Price side, I might take it if my OF was awful.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now these offers were recently made by me last week. These were done by me in hopes of getting something updated before trying to move Trout. Namely I want Fielder off my hands.

First offer
Second offer

Because your league only starts 3 OF and there are only 10 teams, Gordon and Marte have no trade value. There are waiver wire players who are almost as good. Any decent pitcher you could get for them would be a win, but no informed owner is going to give up a significant piece for them.

As for trading Fielder, this just isn't the time. I don't know many people who would rather have Fielder than Abreu at this point. Will Abreu be better for the rest of the season? I don't know, but he has more trade value than Fielder today. The only way you will profit with Prince is by holding him and hope he turns things around. Trading him now for a 6th or 7th round value (about what I think he should return in a shallow points league right now) or so is not going to help you.

TKO offers good advice. Let it be known that you are looking to deal Trout. I would try to get 2 very good pitchers in return- Maybe Price and Wacha- something like that. A near elite option and really good 2nd option.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sent out a message. Though I will add that in the last couple weeks it has been my hitting that sucked.

I got good games from Miller, Masterson, Cueto, Koehler, and Greinke last week and it was 7 starts among them. Fielder, beltre, Trout himself, Molina, Rendon, Marte weren't so great the past week.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get these two offers one is for Cueto
The first offer is Napoli for Trout
The second is a hurt Fernandez for Cueto.

I think I play in a league with idiots.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I get these two offers one is for Cueto
The first offer is Napoli for Trout
The second is a hurt Fernandez for Cueto.

I think I play in a league with idiots.

Yeah. Those are really awful.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout for Strasburg and Weaver? Should I make a play for that?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no way Brees!

Trout is at worst, the 2nd best player in fantasy baseball, regardless of the results in the first six weeks. I would not take anyone less than a top 8 arm, AND a really good upgrade at another position.

That's Kershaw, Darvish, Wainwright, Felix, Scherzer, (the last three are debatable, but I would put Verlander, Price and yes, I guess Strasburg)... but Weaver doesn't overflow the bucket for me to move Trout. The second player has to be a difference maker (and the lower on the SP list you get, the higher the hitter you should get back)