• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I know its week 1 and shouldnt panic.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm losing 214-290 and its because of B Hamilton, Fielder, and no saves from my closers. Time to panic? If I need to strengthen my pitching what do I give up among Fielder, Kipnis, Beltre, Hardy? And should I move Greinke for a hitter? I won't trade Trout.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm losing 214-290 and its because of B Hamilton, Fielder, and no saves from my closers. Time to panic? If I need to strengthen my pitching what do I give up among Fielder, Kipnis, Beltre, Hardy? And should I move Greinke for a hitter? I won't trade Trout.

Dude, waaaaay too early to panic. Can you bench Hammy for a spell? Who are your closers? If you trade Fielder, who is your 1B?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with Chef.. It's after weeks like this where you make the deals that kill your team. Your selling low, buying high, and there's no reason to think most if not all those guys turn it around in a week or so.

Just hang tight, make minor moves with the bottom end of your roster, maybe move a slumping hitter to the bench for a week.. Don't get carried away

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just sit Hamilton until he proves he can hit at this level. But you might be able to trade him for something since some people might think they're "buying low".

Hamilton to me isn't worth anything though. I feel like he was way overhyped. A lot of his stolen bases were a result of pinch running. He started three games last year in the majors and they weren't against Major League caliber pitchers, so it's hard for me to expect what he is being projected.

But, it's definitely too early to be panicking.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed with Chef.. It's after weeks like this where you make the deals that kill your team. Your selling low, buying high, and there's no reason to think most if not all those guys turn it around in a week or so.

Just hang tight, make minor moves with the bottom end of your roster, maybe move a slumping hitter to the bench for a week.. Don't get carried away

This ^^^

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not time to panic, but maybe now you are realizing that your team build was flawed. If you still have hitters on your bench, you need to drop them. Points leagues are won on pitching depth, and your pitching staff was very weak outside of your top 2 when you last posted. I am guessing this is still the case.

You say you will not trade Trout, but quite honestly, that is exactly what I would do. Prince is not going to return an ace in a straight trade in this format and OFs are so easy to find. I would not sell Trout for anything but top dollar, but I am sure you can find someone in your league who will overpay. My price would be an true ace (Felix, Bumgarner, Lee, Fernandez, etc.) and another pitcher on the level of Greinke. If you can do that, you can easily find a solid OF on the wire and your team will be a lot better for it.

Pitching wins these points leagues. It is not to late to get on board, but you need to keep an open mind. Your team will not be successful as it stands currently, and I am not saying that just because of the week 1 result. You have still have some nice pieces, but you need more, better pitching.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week I have been playing with hurt players but will probably pull out the win with a 13 point edge and no pitching starts remaining between us. Beltre getting hurt took away basically 20, and Hardy another 15, ntm Moore's second start was scratched. I had to add hitters because of Beltre and Hardy. I did drop Burnett and Moore for Nicasio and Hamilton for Rendon and McGahee. As of now these are my pitchers.........

Cueto
Greinke
Archer
Odorrizzi
Nicasio
Masterson

I added Nicasio for two starts. With Bonefacio, Rendon on my team I may be preparing a move of Beltre and Jones. I'm still thinking if losing Trout for Hernandez is worth it.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not time to panic, but maybe now you are realizing that your team build was flawed. If you still have hitters on your bench, you need to drop them. Points leagues are won on pitching depth, and your pitching staff was very weak outside of your top 2 when you last posted. I am guessing this is still the case.

You say you will not trade Trout, but quite honestly, that is exactly what I would do. Prince is not going to return an ace in a straight trade in this format and OFs are so easy to find. I would not sell Trout for anything but top dollar, but I am sure you can find someone in your league who will overpay. My price would be an true ace (Felix, Bumgarner, Lee, Fernandez, etc.) and another pitcher on the level of Greinke. If you can do that, you can easily find a solid OF on the wire and your team will be a lot better for it.

Pitching wins these points leagues. It is not to late to get on board, but you need to keep an open mind. Your team will not be successful as it stands currently, and I am not saying that just because of the week 1 result. You have still have some nice pieces, but you need more, better pitching.

The only player I could deal for a Greinke-type pitcher is Kipnis or Beltre.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player I could deal for a Greinke-type pitcher is Kipnis or Beltre.

You misunderstand.

Trout for 2 pitchers.

An ace and another really good one.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you now. Something possibly big just happened though. Shelby Miller is on my team. He was dropped for Buerle Sunday and I won the claim on him. I am also eyeing James Paxton.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[youtube]dw9qqvm-LT8[/youtube]

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get you now. Something possibly big just happened though. Shelby Miller is on my team. He was dropped for Buerle Sunday and I won the claim on him. I am also eyeing James Paxton.

Not sure who you dropped for Miller (nice pick up btw), but Paxton, IMHO, would be a better option going forward than Nicasio, Ordorrizi, and Masterson.
You add both those guys to what you've already got, you've suddenly got a very competitive rotation.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did drop Odorrizi for Miller. I also dropped Nicasio before this week locked for Feldman. Rendon is doing well for me in Beltre's place so I may be able to do something with that position.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone it would have to be Masterson I drop. But he does have some upside. Paxton isnt playing for another 3 weeks.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone it would have to be Masterson I drop. But he does have some upside. Paxton isnt playing for another 3 weeks.

Yea.. I'd you don't have the room to add Paxton and DL him right now. . You might get lucky and be able to add him once Belpre is activated. .Of the pitchers you've got who are in that "meh" category, Masterson is the one I'd be hoping to hang onto. The others, including Feldman? I'd rather have Paxton hands down. Masterson and Paxton is a hard decision. . Judgement call there. . At least in my mind.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would definitely drop Feldman before Masterson. Feldman actually has not pitched all that well this year, his opponents have just hit the ball hard right at defenders. It will not last. Feldman is a mediocre pitcher.

As bad as Masterson has been, he has the upside to be a top 3 SP on your team. I actually think Masterson has as much upside as Miller, although I am worried about his velocity.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt drop Masterson. Feldman ended up getting hurt. I ended up dropping Archer recently to get Hammel. It may not last but he's hot right now. I'm waiting for Paxton to get off the dl so I can add him.

I am trying to shop Beltre now though. But maybe I can shop Rendon for something? I do need a shortstop.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My problem here is I am not good at drafting in the middle of the rounds.