• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I keep hearing reports about some big news coming out Monday.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont' have any specifics but a number of OU website's are saying that big changes are coming. That it isn't so much a coaching problem, but more or less a program mentality problem.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heupel stepping down to QB coach
Norvell is being let go.

That's what I've seen.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kish?
Bobby Jack Wright?

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what I heard, and FWIW, Kish and Bobby Jack are gone and Heupel is demoted to QB coach. Haven't really heard anything about Norvel. And Mike Stoops better be a very short string...

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kish and Bobby Jack are easy decisions. Heupel being demoted is just common sense. Norvell was in serious hot water one time before when he got caught Tweeting the fuck out of recruits and the NCAA came within a hair of suspending him. Now he can't coach the receivers up and (maybe even worse) his recruiting has been poor. He's deadwood. The word I've heard (and it's coming from people I have talked to who have been making a lot of noise since the bowl fiasco) is Bob won't relent on making a change in the DC. He just won't do it. And that's the biggest problem we've got because we have a D that is under talented, under coached and the players are worn out with his antics. If Bob Stoops wins this power fight I think he's lost any chance of being at OU long term. OU will not be successful with Mike Stoops as the DC and that will lead to more problems that Bob Stoops is adamant won't be solved by firing his brother. We'll see what happens but I don't have much hope right now that Bob Stoops will cut out all the cancer; he'll leave some of it in his coaching staff.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kish and Bobby Jack are easy decisions. Heupel being demoted is just common sense. Norvell was in serious hot water one time before when he got caught Tweeting the fuck out of recruits and the NCAA came within a hair of suspending him. Now he can't coach the receivers up and (maybe even worse) his recruiting has been poor. He's deadwood. The word I've heard (and it's coming from people I have talked to who have been making a lot of noise since the bowl fiasco) is Bob won't relent on making a change in the DC. He just won't do it. And that's the biggest problem we've got because we have a D that is under talented, under coached and the players are worn out with his antics. If Bob Stoops wins this power fight I think he's lost any chance of being at OU long term. OU will not be successful with Mike Stoops as the DC and that will lead to more problems that Bob Stoops is adamant won't be solved by firing his brother. We'll see what happens but I don't have much hope right now that Bob Stoops will cut out all the cancer; he'll leave some of it in his coaching staff.

Problem is, if you don't cut out all the cancer it will just come back. I have no clue what Bob saw out of his brother's defense this season that makes him think he has any chance of turning it around.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, if you don't cut out all the cancer it will just come back. I have no clue what Bob saw out of his brother's defense this season that makes him think he has any chance of turning it around.

Well, you're absolutely right, Romeo. That's why it's so frustrating for people other than Bob Stoops who see the answer is replacing his brother and it isn't likely to happen because Bob doesn't see it that way. Bob's a stubborn SOB and he's got Boren and Castiglione in his corner. Boren more than Castiglione right now but, still, Castiglione is looking at things from a little different perspective than even Boren: Joe Castiglione's directly responsible for trying to raise $370 Million right now while trying to polish a turd. If he can't raise that money and they have to break the improvements down into stages he is going to be under the gun keeping costs even close to $370 Million. They could shoot north of $400 Million and who gets the blame for that? Things are a shit storm in Norman right now. Lots of tension and everybody's starting to stake our their own territory and look out for themselves instead of everything being "We are one big happy family". Losing badly and losing for reasons that aren't something understandable like injuries to key players does that to a program.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches aside I think there is also a lack of talent at OU, especially on the defense. And what is with the O-line, for all the experience and such they sucked at run blocking for the most part. The over hype of the line on both sides has really been evident that last couple of years.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stoops just got an "Appreciation Bonus" to the tune of $700,000...just for being here.

"APPRECIATION BONUS".

He needs to offer that bonus up to a great defensive backfield mind....Duane Akina, like I've said before.