• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hate To Say This, But My Knicks Should Trade Melo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chris Broussard?

:rofl:

It really is, it’s just so stupid,” Rivers said again. “You know how I rarely read stuff, but someone told me read that, and it didn’t say anything about us. Anyway, it’s just stupid.

“My whole issue with any of that . . . is that that network [ESPN] to me reports a story that they created and then they do reports on it for the next two days, on a story that they created. But it’s stupid.”

The ESPN report, which was attributed to unidentified league sources, said the Knicks have discussed proposing an Anthony-for-Griffin trade with the Clippers, and that Clippers management has discussed such a deal internally. But it said the teams have not spoken to each other about a possible trade.

Rivers: Report of Blake Griffin trade for Carmelo Anthony 'so stupid'

Geems

America First
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted what you requested.

So...?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to your own team.

But yeah I do wish we pulled the trigger on the Melo for Griffin swap a few years ago

I'm saying there was a legitimate trade on the table that was Melo for Griffin. I wish we had done it.

And we don't want that crap for Melo.

That was just a rumor from lying ass Chris Broussard.

Until this year, Doc would never have considered it and Melo has veto power.

You're speculating.

I posted what you requested.

So...?

The made up story by Broussard is your proof that there was a trade on the table?

There was no trade discussed.

:dhd:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 32, I'm a big Melo fan, I have a $200 Melo jersey, but for the team's future, I don't see any better way to get over the hump.
Phil Jackson said it best when he stated that Carmelo is not a team player and stops good ball movement which he said the same thing about Kobe Bryant. The difference of course is he know how to win five championships with Kobe and Carmelo simply is not a player that will ever happen with. Bottom line is the Knicks would have been better sucking a few years and building up some first round draft picks in a similar fashion to what the Lakers have been doing. The would now be on their way to being a legitimate playoff team in another year and they are actually just as far away as they were when Phil took over. I have not been impressed with Phil Jackson as a general manager and personally I think the Knicks would be better to dump both Carmelo and Phil Jackson

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stick to your own team.

But yeah I do wish we pulled the trigger on the Melo for Griffin swap a few years ago.
On what planet do you think any team including the Clippers would have ever been willing to give you Griffin for Carmelo?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The made up story by Broussard is your proof that there was a trade on the table?

There was no trade discussed.

:dhd:
No way in hell, the Clippers would have given up Blake Griffin for Carmelo. If Doc Rivers was drunk and hi on crack he still would have had the sense to say no freakin way

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo probably won't net much, since he would go to a contender. It would be awesome to see him go to the clippers though. I doubt Cleveland would give much for him. I could see the bulls making a stupid trade for him after signing wheelchair wade and rondo last year though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, whoa, whoa....turbo.

I'm thinking more......

Pierce, Redick, Crawford, Brice Johnson and a first.

:behindsofa:

In all seriousness, he won't wave that clause.I

So, it matters not.
I would offer Phil Jackson two bags of potato chips and a second round draft pick for Carmelo and nothing more

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying there was a legitimate trade on the table that was Melo for Griffin. I wish we had done it.

And we don't want that crap for Melo.
Consider what you're giving up - Melo is himself crap and will never take the Knicks beyond the first round of the playoffs if he gets that far and he is 32 now, so you've seen the best he will ever be. At this point, Phil Jackson would have gleefully taken Griffin for Carmelo - He's not stupid. The problem is The Clippers weren't that stupid either. Personally I think you'd do well to even get a first round draft pick in the top 10 and I seriously doubt any team would give that up either.