• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hate Josh Innes

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Innes is one segment away from using the n word. He thinks he's so down with everything because he can rap a few rhymes.

Nail it!!!!!!!! a true idiot...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have gone too far this time.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote from Bruno in the article....

"I don’t regret coming back to WIP. I had left 97.5 and I heard Josh a few times at night. I did a few shows with him and it was fun. But once we started, there was all of this constant nonsense. But I would come to work and wonder what was going to happen today. It wasn’t like we didn’t get along. It wasn’t cause he was the alpha dog.

Josh always put people on who were going to rip him. Back in the day, you could have someone disagree with you without hating you. Every time I would go out somewhere, people would tell me how much they hated Josh."

End of Quote.

IMO its an effective but low class way of generating ratings. It appeals to people's lowest base instincts. Some people (generally those with no values or perhaps even lower intelligence) will continue to follow him indefinitely, but the more savvy crowd catches on and moves on to a show with a little more substance.

And from an article regarding his Houston career....

"From a 2.2 percent audience share in January 2011 in afternoon drive among men 25-54, the key demo for sports radio, KILT improved to 5.3 in October 2011, the second month of a 21-month stretch in the top 10 during which the station climbed as high as No. 4 among all local stations.

That streak ended with the April 2013 book, and the station dropped as low as 21st in afternoon drive in the June rankings before returning to the top 10 in October.

Perhaps reflecting the higher numbers, Innes proved to be a polarizing figure. He focused daily on his personal exploits, travails and health issues, and regularly disagreed with callers and his co-host on the relative merits of local teams and local athletes."

End of Quote.

I expect we will see the same trend here in Houston. Then he will move on to another market to create another splash.

Houston was a farce. the competition was low because of high turnover for shows and someone that was completely bland and boring.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did he get fired yet? He is gross, and I can't stand him!

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He called Jason Kelce a "house *****". I guess Innes got suspended for that. I know what he was getting at but that was fucking stupid and unnecessary (plus i think Kelce calls in regularly at a minimum, if he doesn't participate in a weekly show)

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid term. I never liked him and couldn't care less what happens to him. They better do something or their morning show will be the only thing worth a damn.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a stupid term. I never liked him and couldn't care less what happens to him. They better do something or their morning show will be the only thing worth a damn.
I've actually found myself switching to 97.5 more in the morning than Angelo. Took the Cuz and his crew a couple months to gel and i didn't think they would, but they talk more sports that what Angelo's crew does.

I still tune to WIP when Eskin calls in (hes best in small doses) and whenever Ray Diddy is on.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I like WIP in the morning. I head to work around 645 and catch Eskin or Ray at 7. Haha then it's usually Elvis.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best show is the Ike and Mike show. Ike Reese is the best personality on that station.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumors are Eskin comes back

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't stand Innes. Good riddance.

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my step dad just rolled in his grave..he hated eskin

but innes is worse

Eskin is worse than Mikey I remember when Mikey went to 97.5 I was a big fan of Mike back then. However after 2-3 years he became Eskin like by yelling at callers ect... and became more PC as time went along always riding the fence on everything. Innes was fun, non-PC. He didn't try to act like some delco/south philly yokel either. I am sure he pissed off easily triggered young kids and cranky old adults.

Back when they fired Andy Bloom and they promoted Spike the writing was on the wall for Innes. Innes mmentioned before that Spike was looking to replace on air personalities with hosts that had large podcast followings. WIP will need to bring in some one outside of their current organization to gain some ground with market share as the NFL season is coming soon.

Looks like I'll be listening to pod casts from Tony Bruno soon on my ride home, as there is no way i am going to listen to 97.5 and if WIP doesn't get their crap together I won't be listening to them either.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't listen to Philly sports talk anymore. They all suck.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rumors are Eskin comes back

I think it was one of the writers who was trying to connect the dots, since Eskin two weeks ago left Fox 29. I don' think the two correlate as Innes got himself fired on Tuesday. I can see Howard filling in for awhile though.

On that note I never liked Eskin too much until this next wave of sports reporters came into town. I will say this, I respect him a lot more now than I did 10 years ago. He works hard and out reports most of the reporters in this town. I actually find myself listening to him on Saturday mornings because he actually talks sports and is knowledgeable.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Podcasts produce much better content for Philly sports these days. You don't get the immediacy of WIP or the Fanatic, but it's much more listenable. There are a number of good Eagles ones, several good Sixers ones, and at least 1 very good Flyers one. Not sure about the Phils but I assume there are at least a couple.

After you transition, you won't go back to the verbal diarrhea and the commercials of sports talk radio.

Premium

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like dpd nailed this one months ago. I sure do miss that dude...smart and insightful and never the sort to tow the company line.

CSB

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like dpd nailed this one months ago. I sure do miss that dude...smart and insightful and never the sort to tow the company line.

A little too self-congratulatory for my tastes.