• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Hate Josh Innes

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys take shit way too seriously. It's entertainment...just like sports is entertainment.

Anyone hear the guy who called in at 4:35 this afternoon. Claimed to be Andy Reid's friend and said he was married to Andy McDowell. It was the funniest 10 minutes I've ever heard on WIP! And I've been listening since before Cataldi started with Brookshire. I almost had to pull over.

And what makes him a "horrible person"? You guys know him? What did he do that gets him pegged as a horrible person? Jarrod from Subway is a horrible person. Josh Innes? Hmmm..I have no evidence of that.

That call was freakin hilarious! That ranks right up there when Mikey Miss ripped apart Skip Bayless. I still think Bruno and Mays had the best show.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that call. Shit was funny as hell.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't need to explain the difference to you of the nuance of laughing with someone and laughing at someone. Or poking fun at someone versus mocking or hating on someone.

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope I don't need to explain the difference to you of the nuance of laughing with someone and laughing at someone. Or poking fun at someone versus mocking or hating on someone.

So you think that the celebrities who get mocked by comedians are laughing with them??? LOL! You're either naive or you just love to argue. Lighten up. Thicken your skin. You'll enjoy life much more.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a difference in recognizing the negatives and enjoying your life and burying your head in the sand and enjoying life. I enjoy the heck out of life and can't stand the guy. Seems fake and and ignorant at times. While he has some talent I don't think Philly sports radio is where it's best used.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grow some thicker skin and get over yourself. The lions don't care what the sheep think. :suds:

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doing good Eric thanks . First year empty nesters living it up. :D

ErkTheJerk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm doing good Eric thanks . First year empty nesters living it up. :D

Don't get too comfortable. We were empty nesters until our daughter and her 3-year-old moved in with us 6 months ago. The 3-year-old is fine...it's the 23-year-old daughter who is the pain in the ass.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I have two boys and ones Deans list second year and other is 3.1 first year. They could always falter I suppose but neither are getting pregnant. :L

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Bruno go?

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Retired. At least for now anyway. I think he would get back into radio if the right situation presents itself.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Quote from Bruno in the article....

"I don’t regret coming back to WIP. I had left 97.5 and I heard Josh a few times at night. I did a few shows with him and it was fun. But once we started, there was all of this constant nonsense. But I would come to work and wonder what was going to happen today. It wasn’t like we didn’t get along. It wasn’t cause he was the alpha dog.

Josh always put people on who were going to rip him. Back in the day, you could have someone disagree with you without hating you. Every time I would go out somewhere, people would tell me how much they hated Josh."

End of Quote.

IMO its an effective but low class way of generating ratings. It appeals to people's lowest base instincts. Some people (generally those with no values or perhaps even lower intelligence) will continue to follow him indefinitely, but the more savvy crowd catches on and moves on to a show with a little more substance.

And from an article regarding his Houston career....

"From a 2.2 percent audience share in January 2011 in afternoon drive among men 25-54, the key demo for sports radio, KILT improved to 5.3 in October 2011, the second month of a 21-month stretch in the top 10 during which the station climbed as high as No. 4 among all local stations.

That streak ended with the April 2013 book, and the station dropped as low as 21st in afternoon drive in the June rankings before returning to the top 10 in October.

Perhaps reflecting the higher numbers, Innes proved to be a polarizing figure. He focused daily on his personal exploits, travails and health issues, and regularly disagreed with callers and his co-host on the relative merits of local teams and local athletes."

End of Quote.

I expect we will see the same trend here in Houston. Then he will move on to another market to create another splash.

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Innes is one segment away from using the n word. He thinks he's so down with everything because he can rap a few rhymes.