• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate comcast

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use to they were half way reliable. Lately not so much. My new and improved modem just went tits up. Tomorrow I pick up a different one. In the mean time, no intetnet or land phone. This is their last chance, if this other modem doesn't work like a champ I'm switching to Century Link

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had comcast over 10 years and never had any issues with their modems, but many find the aftermarket modems far superior.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Comcast gave up and said come in for a new modem, it kicked back on is working like a champ. Even the wireless is working better then ever. Go figure.
I've been using Comcast for a long time with a one trail with century link. Its just since I've been using their new modem that I've had trouble.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just re-upped with Fios and got the quantum modem upgrade for free. With the 75/75 speeds it's amazing.

I'm assuming you don't have Fios in your area?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just re-upped with Fios and got the quantum modem upgrade for free. With the 75/75 speeds it's amazing.

I'm assuming you don't have Fios in your area?
Not yet, but it's getting closer.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lucky bunch of SOB's. I have CentryLink and the fastest speed they have in my area is 1.5MBPS. That is modern day dial up!! 10 years like this. No one has updated anything here. Less than a 1/4 of a mile away houses get super speeds to the internet. That Fucking Sucks!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all other providers have their ills as well

slide down a razor blade
sit on flaming porcupine
gargle with bleach and glass shards

those unfortunately are our choices

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got upgraded to xfinity's X1 platform this morning. Mind you I'm way the hell out in a rural area so we take what we can get, but my internet speed went up to 25m/25m which is probably max for this area. Yes, they said speeds up to 100m, but I knew at the time that wasn't going to be the case out here.

Still, faster than I had with all the bells and whistles on their new DVR platform, HBO/Show/Cinimax/etc, all the sports channels, pretty much everything. And the price wasn't bad at $119/month for the triple play.

I'm just not complaining at all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came home tonight and now the internet is up to 178m/25m so I guess it needed time to finish setting up.

Just can't complain about the speed, service, install, or the price.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've been using AT&T's snail-paced DSL for a year, because Comcast wouldn't bury a line from across the street a year ago. Fast-forward a year, and we thought we were set up for success.

Not so much; five separate visits by Comcast techs, all telling us the obvious: There's no cable at our house. No kidding! Wife's been on the phone several times, telling them to stop sending out techs to hook up a cable that isn't there. And no, they can't run an above-ground wire, because the neighborhood has no above-ground wires.

They're supposed to come out today to bury the cable ... again. Then they're supposed to follow up with yet another tech on Tuesday. They have managed to send a bill though. It's blank, but it's the one thing they seemed to have been able to do.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Called Comcast after seeing no activity today (they were supposedly scheduled to dig under the road today), and they now said they would not do any digging until 17 June. This is the fifth time they've changed the date.

So we will terminate our short-lived contract with them. The utter incompetence of this company is mind-boggling.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Stop War on Drugs
- Make all drugs legal
- Only allow drugs to be purchased via Comcast Customer Support
- Save America millions

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a century link door to door sales guy come to my door. Gave the exact same pitch the last guys did. " we are laying down fiber optic cable". I stop him and asked, you mean to the junction box, right? He fessed right up that was so. Really wish Century Link would step up their game.....maybe down the road.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, go satellite. You will be much happier. I've had Directv for 15 years. Well worth every penny.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, go satellite. You will be much happier. I've had Directv for 15 years. Well worth every penny.
Already tried the Dish, was very disappointed. Just waiting for the NFL games going to the internet, then I'll cut cable TV off and satellite also. Watching NFL games are my only reason for using cable or satellite. I'm not signing some contract locking me in. If they we're worth spit they won't have to worry about folks canceling.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just had a century link door to door sales guy come to my door. Gave the exact same pitch the last guys did. " we are laying down fiber optic cable". I stop him and asked, you mean to the junction box, right? He fessed right up that was so. Really wish Century Link would step up their game.....maybe down the road.
Yep, same shit they did to me. Ended up really ok in the end after having Comcast try to get me back. Can't complain about my speed or plan.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, same shit they did to me. Ended up really ok in the end after having Comcast try to get me back. Can't complain about my speed or plan.
You came out really good on that deal. Wish I had the same luck.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You came out really good on that deal. Wish I had the same luck.
When you want a new deal with any of those guys you call their cancellation department, even if you really don't want to cancel. I was told many years ago by someone that worked at the old cable company that their best sales people were attached to the service cancellation department and they had more leeway in what they can offer than the standard sales/billing teams can.

Just call them and say you are interested in finding out what the procedure is for cancelling so you know what your options are. They will ask why you are thinking about quitting and just make up some shit about some deal you saw for dish or century link and how pissed off you are at what you are paying. They will patch you right through to the same people I spoke to.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you want a new deal with any of those guys you call their cancellation department, even if you really don't want to cancel. I was told many years ago by someone that worked at the old cable company that their best sales people were attached to the service cancellation department and they had more leeway in what they can offer than the standard sales/billing teams can.

Just call them and say you are interested in finding out what the procedure is for cancelling so you know what your options are. They will ask why you are thinking about quitting and just make up some shit about some deal you saw for dish or century link and how pissed off you are at what you are paying. They will patch you right through to the same people I spoke to.
Mmm may be worth a try.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Use to they were half way reliable. Lately not so much. My new and improved modem just went tits up. Tomorrow I pick up a different one. In the mean time, no intetnet or land phone. This is their last chance, if this other modem doesn't work like a champ I'm switching to Century Link

Just recently switched to Comcast cable, but many years had the hi speed internet...the blast is the best service I've had period...wifi is slower on the main level, but still fast enough to run everything about the same speed as our office Uverse...upstairs where the modem is considerably faster.

Where Comcast has yet to figure it out in this area is after sale service...last week there was a service tech in neighborhood for a problem not directly affecting my services...after tech leaves they have a door knob notice on the door saying they had been out there near my home working on the main box in the street...now, one of the TV cable boxes is not connecting...I called and reported the problem twice now...tomorrow will be a week since they left the door notice...the cable box still doesn't work and no one has showed up yet.