• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I don't like the current attitude of some NFL board posters

Potato salad?

• Potato salad

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Tater sald

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • German potato salad

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Mashed potates and gravy

Votes: 21 75.0%

• Total voters

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just informed that the "theme" of my in laws thanksgiving this year was "Italian".

Attended an Italian Thanksgiving last year with some relatives who are quite good cooks (only 3 of us). It was good (all handmade/fresh ingredients) for sure but kind of underwhelming. Since it was something that was not the norm there was a LOT of effort that went into it (even handmade bread/pasta) so there was like this huge suspense build up and a "let's not get drunk because of the time/effort put into it" vibe.

End of day although it was still good, there's something about the shitty stuffing that you jam in the oven, dry ass turkey and white enriched rolls with gravy dumped all over it, and a shitty store bought pumpkin pie drowned out by Cool Whip, with MAYBE the only thing that requires effort as mashed potatoes.... all resulting in nobody really caring or doing anything creative so it doesn't matter that you're drunk as fuck and wolfing down food silently to only pass out moments later.

Anyway, good luck sir.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attended an Italian Thanksgiving last year with some relatives who are quite good cooks (only 3 of us). It was good (all handmade/fresh ingredients) for sure but kind of underwhelming. Since it was something that was not the norm there was a LOT of effort that went into it (even handmade bread/pasta) so there was like this huge suspense build up and a "let's not get drunk because of the time/effort put into it" vibe.

End of day although it was still good, there's something about the shitty stuffing that you jam in the oven, dry ass turkey and white enriched rolls with gravy dumped all over it, and a shitty store bought pumpkin pie drowned out by Cool Whip, with MAYBE the only thing that requires effort as mashed potatoes.... all resulting in nobody really caring or doing anything creative so it doesn't matter that you're drunk as fuck and wolfing down food silently to only pass out moments later.

Anyway, good luck sir.

My mom is kind of like Betty Crocker... our stuffing is never shitty.

I guess at the end of the day if you aren't doing the cooking and aren't hosting the dinner.... you really just need to stfu and be thankful you have people in your family who are willing to do it for you and everyone else. Its a lot of work. Thats mostly what I am thankful for on Thanksgiving. That and football..... So I can excuse myself from the table for a valid reason when the topic turns to politics.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mom is kind of like Betty Crocker... our stuffing is never shitty.

I guess at the end of the day if you aren't doing the cooking and aren't hosting the dinner.... you really just need to stfu and be thankful you have people in your family who are willing to do it for you and everyone else. Its a lot of work. Thats mostly what I am thankful for on Thanksgiving. That and football..... So I can excuse myself from the table for a valid reason when the topic turns to politics.

Agreed. If you aren't cooking (which I was not) you should be thankful you were 1) invited, 2) didn't have to cook... and I ALWAYS offer and help take trash out and do dishes (a bigger pain IMO) for those Thanksgivings.

My POINT being, when you do something non-traditional a lot of extra effort and the suspense build up creates a little bit of a different atmosphere, and I was simply saying there's some drawbacks to that.

Now like my post Cruise... it's getting ridiculous at this point.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. If you aren't cooking (which I was not) you should be thankful you were 1) invited, 2) didn't have to cook... and I ALWAYS offer and help take trash out and do dishes (a bigger pain IMO) for those Thanksgivings.

My POINT being, when you do something non-traditional a lot of extra effort and the suspense build up creates a little bit of a different atmosphere, and I was simply saying there's some drawbacks to that.

Now like my post Cruise... it's getting ridiculous at this point.

I would shark, I really would. But when I first came to this board 4 or so years ago, I made the mistake of going into the politics board and rating Fordmans post with the "pile of steamy shit" rating... He responded by taking away my ablity to rate posts. lol I would have thought it would have expired by now... but hey, I guess he holds a grudge.

So consider this post a x20 like for your past posts I would have also liked.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would shark, I really would. But when I first came to this board 4 or so years ago, I made the mistake of going into the politics board and rating Fordmans post with the "pile of steamy shit" rating... He responded by taking away my ablity to rate posts. lol I would have thought it would have expired by now... but hey, I guess he holds a grudge.

So consider this post a x20 like for your past posts I would have also liked.

@fordman84

1VE5.gif

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just informed that the "theme" of my in laws thanksgiving this year was "Italian".
People and their stupid "themes". It ain't cool. It ain't hip. It's just wrong. If I wasn't already divorced, that shit wouldn't fly with the wife and her relatives. You can have Italian any fucking day of the year. I blame Pinterest and FB for all this nonsense. Cheers anyway and good luck to ya. Make the best out of it and throw a meatball at somebody.

CruiseControl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People and their stupid "themes". It ain't cool. It ain't hip. It's just wrong. If I wasn't already divorced, that shit wouldn't fly with the wife and her relatives. You can have Italian any fucking day of the year. I blame Pinterest and FB for all this nonsense. Cheers anyway and good luck to ya. Make the best out of it and throw a meatball at somebody.

But wait.... Wasn't Christopher Columbus Italian?

I mean he didn't even discover America.... but still...

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But wait.... Wasn't Christopher Columbus Italian?

I mean he didn't even discover America.... but still...
Lol, but it's not "Columbus Day", although up here in Canada, our thanksgiving is that day so there's that. Well shit, now my brain is fucking hurting so I'm gonna stop.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What, no mashed potatoes? I really do not believe there are no mashies? What is the world coming to ...yeah so without gravy there is no mashed potatoes? F this, outta here dude.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does not compute...

:scratch:

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home fries with breakfast sounds good