• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Don't Care

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly in a lot of ways I enjoy the game more when it's not the Broncos playing. With the Broncos, I'm too emotionally involved in the outcome to really enjoy a great game as it's happening. When it's anybody else, I can dispassionately watch the game and really enjoy a close, back and forth game.

Totally agree, it is dam difficult to watch your home team play and still be objective. When we watch our team play and they win we might think it was a great game even though most would have thought it boring.

I follow the Eagles only because Chip Kelly is trying something different. I don't really care if they win or lose, its just entertaining to watch. I rarely see any of the Jaguars games as they don't get much coverage but I want to see Gus Bradley have success.

The best game I ever watched was the Epic in Miami. 1982 I could care less who won but was on the edge of my seat the whole game and at the end I knew it was a game for the history books.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree, it is dam difficult to watch your home team play and still be objective. When we watch our team play and they win we might think it was a great game even though most would have thought it boring.

I follow the Eagles only because Chip Kelly is trying something different. I don't really care if they win or lose, its just entertaining to watch. I rarely see any of the Jaguars games as they don't get much coverage but I want to see Gus Bradley have success.

The best game I ever watched was the Epic in Miami. 1982 I could care less who won but was on the edge of my seat the whole game and at the end I knew it was a game for the history books.

Dude, how in the world did you become a fan of 3 teams so far away from each other?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, how in the world did you become a fan of 3 teams so far away from each other?
Like I, said, I follow the Eagles only because I want to see how Chip, Kelly's system works in the NFL.
I follow the Jaguars only cause I want to see Gus Bradley have some success.

I want to watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rogers play. We should all be thankful we live at a time when we can see some of the greats cause their careers are short and the next wave may not be as entertaining. We can have sports hate for other teams but after the season is over, we have to respect the accomplishments of great players regardless of weather we like their team or not.

We have to respect organizations that regularly put a good team on the field. Not every season can a team win big, the best we can hope for is to have a team that is competitive year in and out.
I have watched the Seahawks for over 30 years. There was a time we knew before the season started that we didn't have a chance, but we supported them anyway. They were all we had.

I don't care for baseball and lost interest in professional basketball when we lost the Sonics. Haven't watched a game since. I used to watch Australian rules football but can't find those games on my set anymore. Too bad, I loved those games even though I had no clue.

The NFL is the greatest sporting event in this country. Enjoy it!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope

I must say...we got a nice day last Sun so I played 18 instead of watching the early game...taped it, but got back in for most of the 2nd half...so it was not appointment TV, trumped by a nice day on the links in JAN.

The SB...yes I'll watch...watching playoff games that my team isn't playing in a lot less stressful actually.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when the niners lost to the Giants a couple years ago in the NFC championship....

I had a couple niners fans on my psn/ps3 friends list and they always niners when we played teamplay online during that season...they liked to run the ball a lot and it seemed fun.

well...after the niners lose to NY...I dint think about it for a while but I play madden looking for them to play with. I finally see one active online and message him where they've been and lets play.

he says since the niners lost he wants nothing to with playing madden now and the other guy smashed his tv because he was so mad after the game.... LOLOL

I'm like,...dude its just a freaking game, you aren't playing, no one on the team gives a damn about you. Why waste time getting emotionally involved in something that doesn't matter and has no effect on your personal life ? I'm sorry but that's the very definition of emotionally under developed and just plain stupid. I'm not going to rage and destroy my expensive entertainment system because some overpaid sweaty young jocks don't win a game LOL

Totally agree. Some people take pro sports way too seriously and get too emotionally invested. I was a little bummed from losing the super bowl last year for a couple of days and then moved on. Same this year. I took it too seriously as a teenager but as I got older I realized that it is just a form of entertainment and not worth getting upset over. I like to root for the underdog and like Denver and will be pulling for them. But for the most part, I am moving on the basketball now to root for my GSW and baseball is right around the corner.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Seattle lost at Atlanta in the playoffs last season. I was bummed and excited at the same time. Wilson brought us back to take the lead on the road. Finally a lot of us felt we had found a good QB. Then, Atlanta marched down the field with 31 seconds and kicked a field goal for the win. I couldn't help but be bummed about the loss but happy we finally had a good team again.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get really bitter when my team loses. It takes me a couple days. Of course I watch the Superbowl, but the playoffs leading up to it are secondary if my team isn't in it. I usually find other things to do and don't really care about those games.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on the game... I will give all playoff and SB games a chance, but if my team is not in it i have a short leash... I may lose interest if the game is just not that good... Like for example the Patriots-Broncos game... THat game should have been amazing, but ended up a total dud... I watched the whole game, but i certainly was not paying full attention throughout the game...

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think like I do?
Ever since my team's season ended - Philadelphia in my case - I haven't watched any of the other playoff games, nor will I be watching the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl. I don't give a rat's behind about Denver or Seattle.
My ONLY concern is getting this game over so that I can look forward to free agency and then the draft in May.

you are not alone. i think there are many like you. personally, for me, i don't really have 'a' team i root for. I'm just a fan of the nfl so i love the playoffs. I usually watch 3 or 4 games a week during the regular season (rotating teams each week so I see every team at least a few times during the season) but in the post season i watch almost every minute of every game.

i've actually talked to people on message boards that claim they watch every minute of every game during the entire season. :wtf2: i'm not sure how you could do that if you had a job, family, or social life but maybe some people do it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I, said, I follow the Eagles only because I want to see how Chip, Kelly's system works in the NFL.
I follow the Jaguars only cause I want to see Gus Bradley have some success.

I want to watch guys like Manning, Brady, Brees, and Rogers play. We should all be thankful we live at a time when we can see some of the greats cause their careers are short and the next wave may not be as entertaining. We can have sports hate for other teams but after the season is over, we have to respect the accomplishments of great players regardless of weather we like their team or not.

We have to respect organizations that regularly put a good team on the field. Not every season can a team win big, the best we can hope for is to have a team that is competitive year in and out.
I have watched the Seahawks for over 30 years. There was a time we knew before the season started that we didn't have a chance, but we supported them anyway. They were all we had.

I don't care for baseball and lost interest in professional basketball when we lost the Sonics. Haven't watched a game since. I used to watch Australian rules football but can't find those games on my set anymore. Too bad, I loved those games even though I had no clue.

The NFL is the greatest sporting event in this country. Enjoy it!

OKay, that's a good answer. I prefer the Unitas/Staubach days but that's just me.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only games I won't watch are games involving the packers. .....unless of course they are playing my team.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill go to a super bowl party but probably will spend more time playing drinking games and socializing than intensely watching the game.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

There is always a "want to be comedian" in every thread......

Yeah. Don't forget about the Atlanta-Philadelphia baseball rivalry. That might have had just a little bit to do with my retort.

I do like Chip Kelly, though. Better luck next year.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Don't forget about the Atlanta-Philadelphia baseball rivalry. That might have had just a little bit to do with my retort.

I do like Chip Kelly, though. Better luck next year.

And here I thought you were holding on to a 10 year grudge when the Iggles beat your Falcons for the Super Bowl shot....

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought you were holding on to a 10 year grudge when the Iggles beat your Falcons for the Super Bowl shot....

Nah. Couldn't care less about that. Heck, everybody has beaten the Falcons and deflated their season at some point in time or another.

But the Phillies-Braves thing has been going on now for over a decade or so. Braves fans do not like Philadelphia, Miami or New York Mets fans at all. Our rivalry with the Nats has really heated up lately. But no Braves fan can stand Philadelphia. They have won the division too many times for that. :nod:

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,378.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Giants sucked this year. but am still watching the playoffs and Super Bowl

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I can't speak for this season since my team is still playing, but I watch the playoffs and Super Bowl no matter who's left because I love football.

:10::agree:

If there is football on then I'm watching it. I get seriously bummed after the superbowl because the reality sets in that there won't be anymore football for 7+ months.