• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I died inside tonight.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to point fingers? How about Sergio Fucking Romo? If he pitches as he has all year, this series is over. Count your blessings you won ONE.

and if conrad plays like he has all year, or if infante or heyward play like they have all year...IF!!! IF IF IF yeah

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These what ifs are ridiculous and of course cannot be debated with authority. Your OPINION is Infante 'lost' game 1. Ours is LINCECUM won it. You weren't going to win that game, sorry.

You're obviously getting all bent as your season looks like it's ending. It's harsh, we're fans so we know what it feels like.

But get over it. This is baseball and this is how it works. The two teams are pretty closely matched, but we had home field and you had key injuries, and we're likely going to win, and that was the expected outcome.

Deal with it.

pretty sure we are dealing with it fine. Doesn't mean we can't complain. Also Brooks Conrad making 7 errors in a series wasn't expected for me so that was pretty surprising.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if conrad plays like he has all year, or if infante or heyward play like they have all year...IF!!! IF IF IF yeah

Thanks for mentioning Heyward, I wasn't going to rub it in. But our ROY is handling the playoffs just fine. Yours, not so much.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure we are dealing with it fine. Doesn't mean we can't complain. Also Brooks Conrad making 7 errors in a series wasn't expected for me so that was pretty surprising.

Doesn't mean we can't throw it back at you. This is our board.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't mean we can't throw it back at you. This is our board.

This is true, but honestly I don't believe we've said that much that deserves to be thrown back at us. We've complained a little bit, but it's not like we are taking over your board saying how we got cheeted because of injuries or whatever. It's one thread.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true, but honestly I don't believe we've said that much that deserves to be thrown back at us. We've complained a little bit, but it's not like we are taking over your board saying how we got cheeted because of injuries or whatever. It's one thread.

I don't think either of us is going overboard, but you're over here basically complaining that we aren't winning games, you guys are giving them to us, and thus minimizing our accomplishment and enjoyment, because you are pissed off.

I am replying that you need to deal with it, we're winning, we were favored to do so, and we're happy about it, and too bad Atlanta. Falcons look good....

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either of us is going overboard, but you're over here basically complaining that we aren't winning games, you guys are giving them to us, and thus minimizing our accomplishment and enjoyment, because you are pissed off.

I am replying that you need to deal with it, we're winning, we were favored to do so, and we're happy about it, and too bad Atlanta. Falcons look good....

I said that out of response to someone saying the same thing about game 2 for us. I wouldn't have brought it up had he not said that. But through 3 games of this series, you guys are up 2-1 and a win is a win no matter how you get them.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah but come on man. It's a message board. For the public...well members of SportsHoopla I should say. Complaining is going to happen. Things like last night don't happen regularly to the Braves either. We all thought Conrad would be fine until well yeah...that happened.
Oh and thank GOD for the Falcons

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but come on man. It's a message board. For the public...well members of SportsHoopla I should say. Complaining is going to happen. Things like last night don't happen regularly to the Braves either. We all thought Conrad would be fine until well yeah...that happened.
Oh and thank GOD for the Falcons

I hear ya. Just yakking on a message board. It's just sports.

I feel bad for Conrad, I do. I hope he gets a chance to play somehwere and redeem himself, this will always be on his resume. It's not like he's TRYING to screw up.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I feel bad for Conrad, I do. I hope he gets a chance to play somehwere and redeem himself, this will always be on his resume. It's not like he's TRYING to screw up.

yeah me too. I admit after the play that cost the winning run, I wanted him off the team. Then I thought about it and after about 30 minutes I realized it really wasn't all his fault. I'm gonna throw out some should of and would ofs which I know you guys can do the same(cough Romo). Bobby Cox SHOULD have taken him out after Saturday night, or even after his first error last night. Kimbrel should not have been taken out. He wasn't being "rocked" or anything. And yes Huff could have still gotten a hit to tie/win the game but Kimbrel is clearly our future closer and needed to finish that inning.
Bottom line for Conrad is it was all mental. He feels worse than all the Braves fans combined after that loss.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I do as well, but would we all feel bad for Romo if we would've lost this game tonight? I probably would be too pissed at him to feel bad for him, and this is a guy who has been a solid contributor to the Giants and is a homegrown player. Conrad is a cast-off who had a good year at the plate in limited at bats. This is a guy who means nothing to their franchise and I think we really need to credit Bobby Cox for not throwing him to the wolves in the post game interview. I'm sure he was frustrated since today could be the last game of his career, but even though the kid has no value to the franchise, he portrayed last night as a team loss, and I respect the hell out of Cox for that.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do as well, but would we all feel bad for Romo if we would've lost this game tonight? I probably would be too pissed at him to feel bad for him, and this is a guy who has been a solid contributor to the Giants and is a homegrown player. Conrad is a cast-off who had a good year at the plate in limited at bats. This is a guy who means nothing to their franchise and I think we really need to credit Bobby Cox for not throwing him to the wolves in the post game interview. I'm sure he was frustrated since today could be the last game of his career, but even though the kid has no value to the franchise, he portrayed last night as a team loss, and I respect the hell out of Cox for that.

well said. Romo is probably sucking off his team and will be for a while. I don't mean that in a rude way to the Giants but the guy has been horrible. It would be like Billy Wagner blowing 2 straight saves in the playoffs for us...well that has happened when he was with other teams though.
I read that other thread you posted Nate about Romo and I don't blame him if he doesn't want to pitch in the playoffs again.

Freeport 22

The Chosen One
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have controlled all 3 games so far , The Giants have been ahead all 3 games and only trailed for 1 inning in games 2 & 3 because of Romo's mistakes .

Neither team is hitting the ball but I don't think anyone could say the Giants have been lucky , more like unlucky .

The torture continues tonight .

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Giants have controlled all 3 games so far , The Giants have been ahead all 3 games and only trailed for 1 inning in games 2 & 3 because of Romo's mistakes .

Neither team is hitting the ball but I don't think anyone could say the Giants have been lucky , more like unlucky .

The torture continues tonight .

Is it possible for both teams to be incredibly unlucky? That's what I'm leaning towards here. Most of us recognized that the biggest difference between the 2 teams was team defense, so it was bound to come into play at some point, but definitely not on a scale like this. It isn't just Conrad either (although it mostly is,) Ankiel bobbled a ball in game 1 and Infante showed horrible range on Ross's hit. I really do want to see Romo back out there, but not in the 8th inning protecting a 1 run lead with Casilla or Lopez available, and not to a left handed power hitter.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well said. Romo is probably sucking off his team and will be for a while. I don't mean that in a rude way to the Giants but the guy has been horrible. It would be like Billy Wagner blowing 2 straight saves in the playoffs for us...well that has happened when he was with other teams though.
I read that other thread you posted Nate about Romo and I don't blame him if he doesn't want to pitch in the playoffs again.

I remember when I was playing baseball as a 12 year old, I missed a fly ball then followed it up by airmailing a throw over the catcher's head from left field allowing 2 runs to score. It was in a playoff game and we eventually won, but I gave up the lead and it's a pretty shitty feeling. I was incredibly pissed off about it and I asked the coach to put somebody else in and told him I don't deserve to play the rest of the game. I'm sure he doesn't even want to be seen on the field right now, and neither does Conrad. Their teammates will try to console them, but it won't work for Conrad and it might for Romo, the difference of course being the result of their fuckups.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this on the dumdum board but I'll never forget in 2001 Mark Grace going out to the mound to console Byun Hung Kim, who'd just blown his second save of the WS giving up a Yankee HR (again). The kid's 20 years old, speaks no English, and Grace had the class to go out there and basically prevent a total meltdown. That poor guy was literally about to start crying.

Since the DBacks pulled off the WS win he was redeemed and pitched for many years longer. If they'd lost the series I am quite sure he'd be out of baseball and probably a complete mess back home in Korea.

Romo will probably hold up better even if the Braves get a miracle series win.

nateistheshi

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I posted this on the dumdum board but I'll never forget in 2001 Mark Grace going out to the mound to console Byun Hung Kim, who'd just blown his second save of the WS giving up a Yankee HR (again). The kid's 20 years old, speaks no English, and Grace had the class to go out there and basically prevent a total meltdown. That poor guy was literally about to start crying.

Since the DBacks pulled off the WS win he was redeemed and pitched for many years longer. If they'd lost the series I am quite sure he'd be out of baseball and probably a complete mess back home in Korea.

Romo will probably hold up better even if the Braves get a miracle series win.

You'd think so, but honestly, somebody is getting burned at the stake. The goat will either be Romo for game 2 and anything subsequently, or it'll be Conrad for his glove. Whoever loses this series, the fans, local analysts, and radio talk show hosts will probably run that player out of town.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did sergio romo make 7 errors in a series? You guys had bad management. So did we. That's how baseball is. We are in it because we should be

Sergio Romo made plenty of errors, even if the official scorer doesn't record them that way. Good Lord, the man has a playoff ERA over 40! It's not like we threw some hack out there on a prayer with a one run lead in both games; we put our eighth inning guy who was nails all year and unhittable since August. He was HORRIFIC.

TWICE.

I repeat: if Romo pitched as he had since August, the series was over in three games. As it is, he made us go four. If you can't see that, you just don't know baseball.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, go with that:

If Conrad played defense like he has all year, and Romo pitched like he had since August, what is the outcome?

Hint: 3-0 Giants.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. And then follow that up with a Giant fan complaining that Uribe made a lot of errors and that's who we should be pointing fingers at. You'd be incredulous and respond as I did (e.g. "If Wagner simply did his job, Uribe wouldn't be an issue")

Cox is a great baseball man, and I thought it was very classy for him to call out Lowe in his retirement speech and acknowledge the Giants appreciation for him on the field.