• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that montsho be banned from SportsHoopla immediately

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NBA really only cares about losing its fan base...not racism.

They care about their business. As I have said, I think he was fired as a result of the racist comments, but not because of his racist comments. I'm not sure the NBA has the ability to just start banning people solely because they have viewpoints they don't agree with.

My guess is there are other people in the NBA; owners, players, coaches, etc. that have opinions and beliefs the NBA does not support but because there are no harmful effects as a result of their beliefs there aren't punishments. Does that make sense?

I think they care about racism, but I don't think he would've been fired if there was no public outrage, sponsors weren't bothered by his racism, and players would not have been offended.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soooooooooooo there's a double-standard.

:poke:

As mentioned previously, Sterling, like Jay Z and Carmelo, has done things in the past that are considered racist that did not result in a fine, suspensions, etc. There was no public outrage, no loss of sponsorships, etc. Because the video tape is easily accessible, and clearly overt racism it was not difficult for it to become viral. Compared to a medallion that a lot of people don't know what it represents, the video tape is the difference.

If there is an audiotape of Carmelo saying things similar to Donald Sterling, then without a doubt there would be similar problems. I don't think comparing Jay Z and Larry Johnson to Donald Sterling is the best example of a double standard.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wears a patch or symbol that represents a racist group, there are only 2 possible options to explain it, imo:

1.) They are racist and subscribe to the beliefs of that group.

2.) They are a moron who will wear anything that they think "looks cool" without bothering to find out the meaning of the symbol they are wearing.

So is Jay Z a racist or a moron?

Yes, but there is a .0000000001% chance he's not.

So, no. He's neither a racist or a moron.

Got that?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry but to suggest the only a racist gets pissed about racism is just a foolish statement. That's all I was responding to. Whether montsho deserved his ban... dk/dc.... didn't read the whole thread, got a life, too. If he's black, my sympathies to him. But a couple of days here should have clued him in about what he was getting into. This ain't the Rainbow Coalition discussion board. They can ban anyone for any reason or none at all. That's the just deal with these boards.

What i said was also, that those that make it a point to vilify another racist, and continue to drive home that the person is a total piece of shit and get so angry about it, is because they often ar just pointing the finger to justify why they are fucking racist. Its not foolish, it accurate, and it was meant in a general way, not as an absolute truth for every single human on the planet. In most cases, people like Reggie Jackson, and Al Sharpton are some of the biggest violators. They dont give a fuck about the people they pretend to crusade for, they care about themselves. I pity racists as being ignorant, and primitive minded, and will someday be such a small minority that it wont matter. Not for a long time, but its coming.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you suggesting there is no recording of Jay Z promoting misogyny, racism or dozens of other disgusting ideals?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Sterling comments are worse and he's obviously in a higher position, and as previously stated the NBA has no choice but to punish him, and I fully agree with it.

What I don't agree with is the public orgy over his demise, and the moral high ground that everyone claims to stand upon. When everyone of them selectively chooses to ignore whats suits them.

We are choosing to ignore the racism tied to the slavery it took for this technology we are currently using...RIGHT NOW.

The cries of old regarding racism are steeped in CURRENT ignorance.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
soooooooooooo there's a double-standard.

:poke:

How so ? They took action against Sterling because he damaged their product. The manner in which he damaged their product was through recordings of his racists comments that received world wide press... which was his fault too because he hooked up with the bitch. Is someone else inflicting financial damage to their product who they haven't taken action against ? I'm sure they'll appreciate it if you'd let them know so they can get right on it. :suds:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eat dicks

Now that was just uncalled for. I think it would be better for everyone if you'd just admit how laughably stupid your "only racists get pissed about racism" comment was so we can all move on.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What i said was also, that those that make it a point to vilify another racist, and continue to drive home that the person is a total piece of shit and get so angry about it, is because they often ar just pointing the finger to justify why they are fucking racist. Its not foolish, it accurate, and it was meant in a general way, not as an absolute truth for every single human on the planet. In most cases, people like Reggie Jackson, and Al Sharpton are some of the biggest violators. They dont give a fuck about the people they pretend to crusade for, they care about themselves. I pity racists as being ignorant, and primitive minded, and will someday be such a small minority that it wont matter. Not for a long time, but its coming.

Or maybe they're just that mad because they've been a victim of that sort of racism.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe they're just that mad because they've been a victim of that sort of racism.

But only mad enough to declare outrage when it directly affects THEIR race. Not mad enough about racism as a whole, to say...get rid of their iphones and shoes and stop supporting the slavery and racism that's inherent therein? Stop supporting companies and icons that use the word "ni@@a" ?( and please, spare me the explanation of the difference between the two) Or other bigoted ideals? I highly doubt it.

So, in essence, it's only racism against their race that matters.

That sounds either racist or ignorant to me? :noidea: