• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am slowly dying

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought your gums regenerated.
No, that's impossible. Kind of surprising though, given the human body's regenerative properties.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dentist officially scheduled my gum graft for this October. I have about half a millimeter left of gum; you're supposed to have around 4 or 5 millimeters your whole life. The doctor said that if I don't quit using dip, he gives me three years maximum before I develop mouth cancer. My left gum is already yellow. I also have a huge bump on my throat, right around where I put my lip in. I'm not sure what it is, but I've had it for like 6 months. I will not receive treatment or surgery for cancer, were I to develop it. If you think I'm going to walk around with my face half removed, then you're crazy.

I'm not quitting dip. I can't, and I tried. I was told back in April by a girl I asked to get dinner with that she would go if I would quit. I was successful for a little bit, but only because I smoked a pack a day, which is even worse for your oral health. She never did get dinner with me, and I just went back to dipping. If I can't quit for a girl I really liked, I certainly won't quit for life.

I have tried nicotine gum. It's ok, but I always end up using it in conjunction with dip. It's not just the nicotine, it's the fact that I have to feel that there is something in between my teeth and my gum. It's an oral fixation as much as it is a nicotine addiction.

Maybe the doctor is wrong, or I miraculously quit. So what? Though I've lost 14 pounds in 4 months, I'm still 6'1 and 254. I'm 20- I will develop heart disease by the time I'm 50. But's let say I escape that, I could live to 80. Again, so what? The Earth has been around something like 4.6 billion years. What is 80 years to 4.6 billion years? Nothing. What is 4.6 billion years to eternity? Nothing.

Maybe this thread sounds melodramatic; I haven't been diagnosed with mouth cancer yet. But I do believe I will develop it, and even if I don't; aren't we all slowly dying? We act like 80 years is some amazing and lengthy period of time, but really, it's fucking nothing. We're all going to die one day. It's time we stopped pretending. I have, and am somewhat relieved. Life fucking blows. Life is a joke. So, I will make these affirmations:

I accept my impending mortality; whether now or in 60 years.

I accept that I do not know the exact date or time of my death.

I accept that life is inherently meaningless.

I accept that my existence has largely been meaningless.

I accept that I am not a good person.

I accept that I do not know whether God exists.

I accept that I do not know whether I will go to heaven or hell, were such concepts to exist.

I accept that I do not know if I will see anyone I have known in this life ever again after I die.

I accept. I don't agree with or understand the reasoning. But I accept.

I think you're taking a really defeatist attitude and justifying bad habits that you don't think/don't want to quit.

Using your current poor health and saying you'll have heart disease by 50 so "what does it matter" is also a poor justification to not improve your health. When I was in the 7th grade I weighed 270lbs, lost 100lbs by high school freshman year of high school and made it through college and law school without crossing over 190lbs (I'm 6'0).

If you cut down portions on meals, try to reduce carbs and only drink water (soda/gatorade/whatever is really bad for you, it's just empty calories) you can easily start losing weight even with minimal physical activity. Obviously I'd advise you start going on walks, runs or get a gym membership - but if you don't think you can commit to that, just make dietary changes and you will start losing weight very quickly.

You're giving up and using dumbass reasons to give up. You can make changes in your life and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

And I don't mean this in a condescending/rude way, but you should also consider seeing a mental health professional. Obviously I don't know you any better than your post, but it sounds to me like you might be suffering from depression and perhaps medication/therapy could help you out a lot.

Don't give up on yourself bro.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're taking a really defeatist attitude and justifying bad habits that you don't think/don't want to quit.

Using your current poor health and saying you'll have heart disease by 50 so "what does it matter" is also a poor justification to not improve your health. When I was in the 7th grade I weighed 270lbs, lost 100lbs by high school freshman year of high school and made it through college and law school without crossing over 190lbs (I'm 6'0).

If you cut down portions on meals, try to reduce carbs and only drink water (soda/gatorade/whatever is really bad for you, it's just empty calories) you can easily start losing weight even with minimal physical activity. Obviously I'd advise you start going on walks, runs or get a gym membership - but if you don't think you can commit to that, just make dietary changes and you will start losing weight very quickly.

You're giving up and using dumbass reasons to give up. You can make changes in your life and you'll feel a lot better about yourself.

And I don't mean this in a condescending/rude way, but you should also consider seeing a mental health professional. Obviously I don't know you any better than your post, but it sounds to me like you might be suffering from depression and perhaps medication/therapy could help you out a lot.

Don't give up on yourself bro.
I appreciate your response, I really do. I am not depressed, in so far as you are not depressed. It's not a disease; it's a continuum. I am sad, maybe so. I already take standard anti-depressants that I hate, and see a therapist for reasons that baffle me.

I don't see why everyone has to perceive the "defeatist" attitude so negatively. I think we should all lay down and die (I'm not insinuating suicide for the hundredth time). I think you do too, if you really thought about it. I mean, you're not going to "beat" life, right? House always wins.

I'm fucking tired.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are looking for assistance from me skip my post.

Meh, we all are dying. Myself I've been smoking for over 45 years so far and am an alcoholic. A healthy alcoholic who's wife tells me when the beer supply is getting low and don't miss work.

All I'm saying is I'm going for a short happy life, not a long one I'm not enjoying.

I could get killed on my way home from work this afternoon and it would be fine with me, I have had a good life.
The wife and kids will get over it.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

DetroitFan*

HAS NO FRIENDS!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't care about you, why should we? This whole thread smells like dog shit.