• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that a TD was taken off the board as well ( against ASU) for a hold!

Granted if the damn kicker had made at least one of the misses and the holding doesn't happen they would be 7-0.

As much as I want to blame Smith, I think eyes need to shift a little to Jake, I love the kid and think he's a great model for the school, but tight games aren't looking good in his favor so far, it's not like's a young pup frosh anymore either. He's a junior that has had this offense for 2.5 years now, he should a lot more then he has produced...
As I said in one of the posts around here, you can't lose a game like this because of just one person or one problem. It was the perfect storm. ASU's offense wasn't good, but it didn't make any mistakes which was huge. One turnover somewhere and this is a different game. The defense gets high marks, but couldn't get a stop late when the game was still on the line. The offense had more yards than ASU, but couldn't capitalize on drives because of a stupid hold (that otherwise wouldn't have stopped that run had he been beat) and two blown easy distance FG's and a completely botched punt protection. Lenius dropping two 3rd down conversion balls wasn't Browning's or Smith's fault either.

Defense did good overall and Pettis had a decent game receiving, but not really punt returning. I mean that punt where he basically froze likely cost them.

It was just bad a little bit everywhere and on a little bit of everyone.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not forget that a TD was taken off the board as well ( against ASU) for a hold!

Granted if the damn kicker had made at least one of the misses and the holding doesn't happen they would be 7-0.

As much as I want to blame Smith, I think eyes need to shift a little to Jake, I love the kid and think he's a great model for the school, but tight games aren't looking good in his favor so far, it's not like's a young pup frosh anymore either. He's a junior that has had this offense for 2.5 years now, he should a lot more then he has produced...
The O line was my big worry since the Bama game. I think that game made it clear that, out of everything, they were the biggest weak spot needing an upgrade to really compete with the big boys. And then it doesn't help when they start going down with injuries.

Part of my feelings about the O line are no doubt on Jake not being able to handle pressure. If he isn't given all day, he's a completely different player. They're two issues that go hand in hand and feed on eachother. Vicious circle kind of thing.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said in one of the posts around here, you can't lose a game like this because of just one person or one problem. It was the perfect storm. ASU's offense wasn't good, but it didn't make any mistakes which was huge. One turnover somewhere and this is a different game. The defense gets high marks, but couldn't get a stop late when the game was still on the line. The offense had more yards than ASU, but couldn't capitalize on drives because of a stupid hold (that otherwise wouldn't have stopped that run had he been beat) and two blown easy distance FG's and a completely botched punt protection. Lenius dropping two 3rd down conversion balls wasn't Browning's or Smith's fault either.

Defense did good overall and Pettis had a decent game receiving, but not really punt returning. I mean that punt where he basically froze likely cost them.

It was just bad a little bit everywhere and on a little bit of everyone.
Yeah, and top teams need to figure out a way to win the perfect shit storm games. As much as it sucks to admit, a kicker can be the difference between great team, and not so much...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The O line was my big worry since the Bama game. It think that game made it clear that, out of everything, they were the biggest weak spot needing an upgrade to really compete with the big boys. And then it doesn't help when they start going down with injuries.

Part of my feelings about the O line are no doubt on Jake not being able to handle pressure. If he isn't given all day, he's a completely different player. They're two issues that go hand in hand and feed on eachother. Vicious circle kind of thing.

I 100% agree with about the line!

I'm not a fan of this "zone run" and that is a style of O line men they recruit. Look at the beef Cal has upfront.
Them boys look like "old school linemen" ! Hell even Baldwin is taken full advantage of head up blocking and making holes the old fashion way, compared to this new age of "run to day light" process.

Sometimes I feel bad for Coleman, hell even Washington when he was here, there power backs that like to hit a hole with full steam....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and top teams need to figure out a way to win the perfect shit storm games. As much as it sucks to admit, a kicker can be the difference between great team, and not so much...
The thing that should give us hope is just fix any of the 10 things that went wrong that game and they come out with an ugly win, much like the zona and Utah games last year. The thing that should leave everyone concerned is they seem to do this on the road more often than not and Stanford looms large in a month.

I honestly think they unload on UCLA and the Ducks. But if any self doubt or any sort of nerves come back at Stanford... :L I just don't want to think about that today. Just happy we get a 12:30 tailgater in two weeks.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams and Miller out for the season.
These hurt bad.
But with Adams, i would have him as one of the top three irreplaceable players on this team. Losing him is unreal. Reports appear that Kirkland will be moved over and Wattenberg will be the backup. Kirkland has little to no real real experience at LT playing at Wash. Wats basically a freshman.

I get the whole "next man up" thing, but still...damn....what a nightmare this weekend was for the Dawgs.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Petersen: Jake Browning had a ‘very solid’ game in Huskies’ loss to Arizona State
:L

Really Pete? Jake had a solid game? :L

Can we get something somewhere between Leach's reaction and what Petersen is pushing? Jake wasn't good enough that night. The WR's were garbage. The line was shit. Smith didn't adjust and make good calls. Call it what it was FFS and own it.

First and foremost for our kickers, let alone for our team and everybody else. It’s frustrating because if you watch ‘em in practice they would never miss those. It’s not even kind of. It’s like clockwork, but for whatever reason when we get in a game it changes a little bit, so we’re back to work.
:burt:

Are you fucking kidding me here?

They looked bad at the spring game. They looked bad at the fall preview. I've watched both of them warming up before each half at the earlier home games and BOTH were bad there too. I guess he has to lie and say they are good in practice to not further undermine their confidence, but both blow fucking chunks and it's obvious to anyone that actually watches warm ups.

I said up here like 3 games ago that going to the freshman wasn't going to improve things over Vizciano because he's just as bad and I was right. If I can see that just watching warm ups then there is no doubt the staff is fully aware of what they have. And they have ZERO answers.

Go to the fucking Soccer team and see if any of them has a pair. Go look for a walk on from anywhere. You have two total :trash: kickers taking up scholarship slots that are fucking bad. See if your Aussie punter can learn to hit a ball off the ground. DO SOMETHING FFS besides lying to us about how solid they are in practice.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't get too worked up over anything Petersen says about the team and their performance. He doesn't give out shit about anything. The late game comments were probably the realist he's ever been with the media. I expect the team as a whole will have their manhood tested over the next couple weeks. If they aren't gonna do anything about the kickers, and just keep putting them out there, so be it. It'll probably be responsible for another loss before the year's over.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't get too worked up over anything Petersen says about the team and their performance. He doesn't give out shit about anything. The late game comments were probably the realist he's ever been with the media. I expect the team as a whole will have their manhood tested over the next couple weeks. If they aren't gonna do anything about the kickers, and just keep putting them out there, so be it. It'll probably be responsible for another loss before the year's over.
Come on man, you know I'm normally pretty mellow with the criticism stuff. I'm entitled to blow a head gasket now and then no? :whistle:

FUCKING KICKERS!!!!

Ok, I think I'm better now. Maybe. I don't know. :gaah:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, you know I'm normally pretty mellow with the criticism stuff. I'm entitled to blow a head gasket now and then no? :whistle:

FUCKING KICKERS!!!!

Ok, I think I'm better now. Maybe. I don't know. :gaah:
No, have at it man. It's frustrating. I'm just so disgusted with the kicking game, after weeks of it sucking, and everyone knowing they better figure it out, because it's only a matter of time, that I'm saying fuck it. If they aren't gonna fix it, fuck it... Don't see how it can magically fix itself.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, what's the rule with adding a soccer player on scholarship for soccer mid season? Gotta figure any scholarship soccer player can step in and be at least okay enough to kick 20-40 yarders...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, what's the rule with adding a soccer player on scholarship for soccer mid season? Gotta figure any scholarship soccer player can step in and be at least okay enough to kick 20-40 yarders...
Florida had open try outs for kicker a few years back when they had issues and switched to a walk on mid season. Arizona picked up a soccer person and used them. It's been done.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least some very good news as well. Adams is confirming that he will be back for his senior season and won’t be declaring for the 2018 draft. He was projected to be one of the top LTs taken in the draft and a likely 1st rounder if he left after this season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least some very good news as well. Adams is confirming that he will be back for his senior season and won’t be declaring for the 2018 draft. He was projected to be one of the top LTs taken in the draft and a likely 1st rounder if he left after this season.
Softy said he told him he wasn't ready to come out anyway and wasn't planning on skipping his senior season before the injury so there really wasn't any upside at all.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy said he told him he wasn't ready to come out anyway and wasn't planning on skipping his senior season before the injury so there really wasn't any upside at all.

There was talk that he would be declaring after this year. It’s good that he’s coming back, although it will take sometime to get a picture of how long he’s gonna need to get his knee back to 100% or near it. I didn’t hear the whole piece that involved him. Was there any specifics on the injury yet?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was talk that he would be declaring after this year. It’s good that he’s coming back, although it will take sometime to get a picture of how long he’s gonna need to get his knee back to 100% or near it. I didn’t hear the whole piece that involved him. Was there any specifics on the injury yet?
Just that it was an ACL. We know those take a long time to recover from.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate these start times. After watching the garbage that unfolded on tv, I finally got to bed 2:30am east coast time.

I don't think there is anyone who enjoys these night games, home or on the road. As a season ticket holder and someone who likes going out with friends to watch the game, the later the game the more expensive. Especially with how Ubers skyrocket the later at night.

Well said man! :clap:

Thanks bro. I talk a lot, so occasionally something I say must of be of value. I hope.

ICYMI
Jordan Miller out with a broken ankle. Same injury as McClatcher and Ajamu. Season ending.
Trey Adams out with an ACL. Season ending.

Neither of this is surprising. Wish them best in their recoveries. Still tough. Could be wishful thinking on my part, but with Jordan Miller, Chico and Ajmau out with the same injury, maybe they will all rehab together and push each other to recover as quickly as possible as well as give each other support.

FWIW, Byron Murphy was expected to miss 6 weeks as of Sept 22nd which MIGHT mean he could be back before the Duck game on Nov 4th if his recovery is completely on schedule.

Lake has his hands full with a secondary now missing their top two cover corners. Next man up against Rosen for sure. Two weeks to get that game plan and rotation solidified.

I think the Stanford game will mostly rely on if we can stop the run, which we've done a tremendous job of this season. This means the secondary issues shouldn't play too much of a role against Stanford, it's against teams like UCLA and WSU that I'm concerned our secondary will begin to become a weakness.

Will really speak volumes about the coaching if UW's secondary continues to play at a high level. Lost 3 starters to the draft along with Byron Murphy and up until this point has been very effective. UW has recruited well in the secondary, so hopefully there won't be too much of a drop off.

My concern against Stanford isn't their offense, it's our offense. When UW is out-coached or faces adversity, the offense really struggles. Losing your left tackle doesn't help.

Stanford would have been favored without injuries just because of the record and how UW has played on the road the last couple of years. Byron Murphy should be back before that game, but no one expects the corners to be the difference in that match up. It's far more about the health and execution of their front 7 against that run game. Just don't lose any major pieces of that front 7 to the Bruins or Ducks.

It's more about who is going to step up against Rosen. They will test whoever they run out there for sure. Really interested to see what Lake does with this situation. He's the best in the business so if he has even decent talent there to work with I at least have hope they will work it all out.

Shit. I put this in multi-quote and you just essentially said what I wrote above, lol.

I think the biggest 3 pieces of the front 7 are Azeem, Vea and Gaines. I almost just mentioned Vea and Gaines by themselves. They're both so effective at clogging up gaps that it opens things up for everyone else. With no disrespect to the Husky defense, within that front 7, Azeem, Vea and Gaines are the only stand outs. The remainder are all P5 average players, IMO.

Vea gets a lot of credit because of his NFL caliber size and quickness, but Gaines is a guy who I genuinely believe will be an NFL NT someday.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the "exposures" for this program, I still believe this is the right coaching staff to have here!