• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskers will blow minds this year

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe once the line gets a RB that can find the holes and get to them in a timely manner people will stop blaming all the woes on the line.

But then again that means someone might actually say something bad about Rex and we can't have that.

I will report immediately to the flogging room for saying such blasphemy about the god that is Rex.

wait....serious question, how is rex not a good RB?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe once the line gets a RB that can find the holes and get to them in a timely manner people will stop blaming all the woes on the line.

But then again that means someone might actually say something bad about Rex and we can't have that.

I will report immediately to the flogging room for saying such blasphemy about the god that is Rex.

Rex is a very good running back, but not a great one. On the other hand, if he got consistent line play, he may look more like a great back!

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

350x700px-LL-4ad90b08_Not-sure-if-serious2.jpeg

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong on this ---and I usually am

but back in the day the field design helped the RB's a lot

and the strength and conditioning that was really stressed on the O-lineman

Rex (if he was in them days ) would have been considered a Heisman candidate last year

buut I jest is crazy and ....................... well jest crazy :ipw:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait....serious question, how is rex not a good RB?

Rex is a very good running back, but not a great one. On the other hand, if he got consistent line play, he may look more like a great back!

First, I never said Rex is not a good RB. He is a good RB.

Rex has said numerous times that he doesn't find some holes fast enough and does not get to other holes as fast as he should to help the line. Now of course the defense for him will be that he is a great teammate and just taking some pressure off the line. But what he said is actually true. People many times confuse a tireless worker and great person to be a great player. I am not trashing Rex. I just hate all the constant bashing of the line like they are the sole problem. The line is far from perfect but not horrible.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the line comes up short on many occasions. BUT, mostly it is a lack of hustle. You see guys standing around while the play is still going on. Or simply not touch ANYONE on the other side of the ball. Last season they did improve on technique, but still whiffed on a number of plays.
If there is more improvement this season, then we will see a much more successful backfield.

P.S. Don't you be talkin' 'bout my Rexy!!

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I never said Rex is not a good RB. He is a good RB.

Rex has said numerous times that he doesn't find some holes fast enough and does not get to other holes as fast as he should to help the line. Now of course the defense for him will be that he is a great teammate and just taking some pressure off the line. But what he said is actually true. People many times confuse a tireless worker and great person to be a great player. I am not trashing Rex. I just hate all the constant bashing of the line like they are the sole problem. The line is far from perfect but not horrible.

Timing issues, being comfortable as well as recognition... this holds true for TM and others as well... Consistency... I know I know... :brick:

Holding a block long enough goes along with this... obviously...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't realize the 2012 Heisman winner was only average at his position

:dhd:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure where you are but i've heard and seen that a lot of people could use some rain nowadays.

Im up here in the Notheast corner of our great state and its dry as a fish turd rolled in sand, Also Zorbie Im only messin with ya, Im growing tired of waiting for next year myself.:typing:

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How DARE you Jed. Everyone hear knows that Rex is not only the Golden child, but also is cloned from a mixture of DNA from Hipp, Rathman, Frazier and Philips.

Blasphemer

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im up here in the Notheast corner of our great state and its dry as a fish turd rolled in sand, Also Zorbie Im only messin with ya, Im growing tired of waiting for next year myself.:typing:

i was just up there in Knox county...they looked like they needed some moisture.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Osmond? Hell that's my neck of thee woods