• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskers belong in 'upper echelon' of college football

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you think weed is bad, that's cute. I didn't intend to pick on team big ten, I was just pointing out Nebraska has zero advantages in recruiting now. I didn't even want to pick on Michigan state, my cousin graduated from there so I follow them.

Where did I say weed's bad? Because I said #gotweed? Okay ya got me. I think that the Hippy Lettuce is sooooooo bad I have my medical marijuana card.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did I say weed's bad? Because I said #gotweed? Okay ya got me. I think that the Hippy Lettuce is sooooooo bad I have my medical marijuana card.

Well you used Ricky Williams as an example of a dumb person because he smokes weed. Then like you pointed out, you mentioned weed in your post. Hope this helps.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you used Ricky Williams as an example of a dumb person because he smokes weed. Then like you pointed out, you mentioned weed in your post. Hope this helps.

I never called Ricky dumb, you did. Do you not have a sense of humor? Dumb is popping a cap in your ass like Plaxico did. You want an example of a dumb athlete? I'll use my team as an example. Maurice Clarett. He couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C & the T. It's okay to have a sense of humor about your own team. I hope Kansas beat Texas again.:heh:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never called Ricky dumb, you did. Do you not have a sense of humor? Dumb is popping a cap in your ass like Plaxico did. You want an example of a dumb athlete? I'll use my team as an example. Maurice Clarett. He couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C & the T. It's okay to have a sense of humor about your own team. I hope Kansas beat Texas again.:heh:

Ok now you're trolling me, pretending your Ricky post never happened.

Volbound1700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for Nebraska is they got put in the worst division for recruiting in P5 football. The Big ten west has zero good states for football, while the East has Ohio and Pennsylvania. As for Nebraska's past, a lot of that recruiting was helped by allowing partial qualifiers, which the big ten doesn't allow. The big 12 doesn't either, which is where a lot of the husker anger towards Tejas comes from (they won't admit it).

Interestingly, even when Nebraska was good, they didn't recruit in the top ten. They had the best conditioning program in the nation combined with a Smash mouth style of play. Nebraska should go back to their roots if they want to be ELITE again. It may not win a title today but it would make them a very different team for people to play on their schedule.

Wisconsin looks more like the old Nebraska teams than the Huskers.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do You think I’m defending Nebraska or am I taking a shot at Texas, like I take a shot at every other team including Michigan State?
He is so used to Nebraska fans hating on Texas, that any shade thrown Texas' way he is bound to assume is coming from Nebraska apologist.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is so used to Nebraska fans hating on Texas, that any shade thrown Texas' way he is bound to assume is coming from Nebraska apologist.

Or it's in a Nebraska thread responding to a Nebraska post.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interestingly, even when Nebraska was good, they didn't recruit in the top ten. They had the best conditioning program in the nation combined with a Smash mouth style of play. Nebraska should go back to their roots if they want to be ELITE again. It may not win a title today but it would make them a very different team for people to play on their schedule.

Wisconsin looks more like the old Nebraska teams than the Huskers.

Alvarez learned a lot from Devaney when he went to school there.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska does belong in the upper echelon of college football; but it's been so long since they've been there that people forget what a great program they used to have.

It's going to take 3 to 5 years to get them back to elite status - if that is even possible.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@NolePride you said

“Moving to the Big10 did hurt them with Texas recruiting, because
they couldn't offer those Texas players the opportunity to play
in their home state, twice every year.

Their coaches got lazy and didn't recruit Calif as hard as they
used to either. Probably could have worked Texas harder.”

——————————————————
Ready for a knowledge bomb?

Frost has good national ties. The state of Florida’s HS coaches and players have Frost’s undivided attention. He has tested and true Clout in California built up through his heavy presence in the state While OC at Oregon in combination with the real presence and name recognition the past staff established with the most talent rich pockets of the state. Plenty of California flavor on roster currently. Every player in the state knows who redshirt freshman QB Tristan Gebbia is.

You wanna talk Texas though. How about the best running back in the state, and arguably the country after he poured gasoline on the UA All American game and burned it to the ground setting the all time TD record and receiving offers from just about every true title contender in the country directly after. He is widely discussed as the biggest steal in the 2018 recruiting class. He just qualified.

We know what Freshmen do at RB in the blur offense.

Husker running back Maurice Washington never lost faith he'd make it to Nebraska

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frost will be more handcuffed than Dr. Tom was. Dr. Tom was able to recruit partial qualifiers. Frost doesn't get that luxury being in the B1G.

If Frost is able to do it, he will have done a better job than Dr. Tom. That statement may be heresy to old Huskers, but still my opinion.