• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hugh Freeze to Liberty!!! LMFAO

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

Not exactly the splashiest hire, but they could become a dangerous team to face in the coming years.

The Catholics have Notre Dame, the Mormons have BYU, the Baptists have Liberty

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the perfect fit for that school.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh, this is a stellar career move for Freeze. He takes back over a program and will spend a year thumping the Bible and preaching second chances. Liberty has committed a lot of money to the Athletic Dept, they don't have the constraints of a conference, and nowhere to go but up, following a 6-win first season in FBS.

Looking at their schedule, Liberty could swings 7-8 wins next season. Expect Freeze to hit the JUCO recruiting trail.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Baptists did have the Briles yrs at Baylor.

Kinda, but they're not considered a "national" school for SBC kids. I mean, there are plenty of Baptist-affiliated colleges all over the country, just like there are other Catholic/Jesuit schools besides Notre Dame. But when you think of THEE school for Baptists, it's Liberty

Liberty has over 45,000 undergrads. Imagine that every hard-core Southern Baptist kid in the US, who happens to be good at football, decides he wants to play in Lynchburg instead of going to a secular school?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't laugh, this is a stellar career move for Freeze. He takes back over a program and will spend a year thumping the Bible and preaching second chances. Liberty has committed a lot of money to the Athletic Dept, they don't have the constraints of a conference, and nowhere to go but up, following a 6-win first season in FBS.

Looking at their schedule, Liberty could swings 7-8 wins next season. Expect Freeze to hit the JUCO recruiting trail.

Exactly...with the right coach they could start to do some damage. No, they're not going to challenge for the playoffs and probably no league outside of the Sun Belt would want them, but they could wind up being that team that ruins some P5 season

Pokes-WalkingBoss

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,807.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda, but they're not considered a "national" school for SBC kids. I mean, there are plenty of Baptist-affiliated colleges all over the country, just like there are other Catholic/Jesuit schools besides Notre Dame. But when you think of THEE school for Baptists, it's Liberty

Liberty has over 45,000 undergrads. Imagine that every hard-core Southern Baptist kid in the US, who happens to be good at football, decides he wants to play in Lynchburg instead of going to a secular school?
You are correct, I was making the sexual connection between the two.

The Methodist have SMU, who do the Pentecostals have ?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That makes a bad statement about Baptists. Falwell isn’t exactly a model I would want my kids following.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...

Not exactly the splashiest hire, but they could become a dangerous team to face in the coming years.

The Catholics have Notre Dame, the Mormons have BYU, the Baptists have Liberty
0828-art-briles-getty-11.jpg