• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huge game tonight...

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game is the biggest game we will play all season...these kids need results to prove they are worthy of all the national praise they've been getting lately...a win here will prove these kids can beat top teams in the nation, not only to the media but themselves...hopefully Fran can keep them focused....I'm sure he will

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw we're a 5.5 pt favorite vs. the higher ranked MSU. First time I can ever remember being a favorite over MSU.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCET!!!!

- Missed free throws
- Missed point-blank-shots
- Scoring droughts
- MSU in deep foul trouble and no ISOs

Another game given away - crapola

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet MSU is giving Iowa another chance in OT...amazing

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gesell gets fouled on the last play of the game and a no call --- just terrible!!!

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game = DISGUSTING. Terrible game by Iowa.

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they aren't calling that last shot as a foul, I am good with that, the game was lost way before that, pathetic game to say the least, two steps back

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you Hawkeye...but that same type of play was called a foul earlier in the game --- numerous times --- just doesn't add up at the end.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What doesn't add up is how you can even get into this type of game at home, how you can go almost 3/4 of the 2nd half without a FG, how you can be in game 20 of the year and not have the mental toughness to hit your FTs AT HOME, how you can waste that type of defensive effort with that offense. This team won't go far unless they have a major improvement. Just sayin....

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings,

The biggest problem that Iowa has against certain teams is that - take tonight for instance - MSU's defenders are quicker than Iowa's offensive players. That is a bad situation to be in for any team.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you not score a FG in 15 straight game minutes....better yet, how do you lose by only 2 in OT with a chance to win by not making a FG in 15 straight game minutes

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really awful stuff last night. I actually had a hard time falling asleep my BP was so high. Tired of Iowa's players unable to making a motherf--ing free throw. HOW HARD IS IT???? How these kids who play basketball basically every day of their lives cannot hit a 10 foot shot is beyond me. They're either too dumb to figure it out or just not very athletic. Regardless, Fran needs to set one practice every week in which each player does nothing but run for 5 minutes and then has to shoot free throws for 5 minutes...over and over and over again. After that's done, stick all those skinny kids in the weight room to build a little muscle. Guys like White and Uthoff have the basketball skills, but unfortunately they weigh a combined 200lbs so they just get shoved around constantly and can't create their own shots when teams play them close.

McCabe....what can I say? Hit one 3 in the game; otherwise he did nothing but turn the ball over, commit stupid fouls and just basically suck. Time to get him out of the rotation, don't care if he's a co-captain or not. I used to like his no-fear attitude but now it's painful to watch him try and play.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And no, not down on the team...I still think we can go deep into the NCAAs, just seems like we're regressing lately.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really awful stuff last night. I actually had a hard time falling asleep my BP was so high. Tired of Iowa's players unable to making a motherf--ing free throw. HOW HARD IS IT???? How these kids who play basketball basically every day of their lives cannot hit a 10 foot shot is beyond me. They're either too dumb to figure it out or just not very athletic. Regardless, Fran needs to set one practice every week in which each player does nothing but run for 5 minutes and then has to shoot free throws for 5 minutes...over and over and over again. After that's done, stick all those skinny kids in the weight room to build a little muscle. Guys like White and Uthoff have the basketball skills, but unfortunately they weigh a combined 200lbs so they just get shoved around constantly and can't create their own shots when teams play them close.

McCabe....what can I say? Hit one 3 in the game; otherwise he did nothing but turn the ball over, commit stupid fouls and just basically suck. Time to get him out of the rotation, don't care if he's a co-captain or not. I used to like his no-fear attitude but now it's painful to watch him try and play.

^^^^Yup^^^^

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started this thread because I had a feeling last years team would show up last night...I thought these kids may be ready but they still don't believe theyre that good...they better fucking start realizing they are better than what they think

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCabe seems to play very well against inferior talent. I'm sorry to say that...but against the elite talent in the B1G...McCabe is over matched to a high degree. He's too slow to go outside and to small to play the power game on the block. McCabe would be a better - more productive - player at UNI or Drake (MVC).

But he's a Hawkeye!! So, I hope he rebounds from has bad game against MSU and produces quality production for the rest of the season. He's contributed to the program!!! And he'll go out a winner this year.