• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How to be a smart NFL fan in June

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty spot on article. Fun to have actual football information but for the most part this is just like the combine where the guys are running around in shorts. So you are always going to have those stud players that are just getting talked about left and right who then in actual games do nothing. We always hear of emerging rookies at this time that fans try to hype up that sometimes doesn't even make the team. Like I said fun to get some football information before the month off before training camp but I would compare it to the comic strips of the newspaper of more about entertainment value than actual depth.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't this true year round?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally look at if there is any weight gain or loss first things first. After that I just wait until preseason to pass judgement.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally look at if there is any weight gain or loss first things first. After that I just wait until preseason to pass judgement.

Even weight gain and loss are hard to judge. Did they lose it or gain it the right way or did they sit on the couch eating Big Macs all off season? Let's say they are a speed player and they put on 20 lbs of muscle...Well does that now take away some of their speed? Saw this with Von Miller in 2013 where he bulked up big time but because of it he just couldn't get around the corner like he did before really hurting his ability to win with speed. RB's are another group that huge changes in weight honestly seem to hurt them. So even weight gain or loss is hard to tell how good or bad it is for the player.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even weight gain and loss are hard to judge. Did they lose it or gain it the right way or did they sit on the couch eating Big Macs all off season? Let's say they are a speed player and they put on 20 lbs of muscle...Well does that now take away some of their speed? Saw this with Von Miller in 2013 where he bulked up big time but because of it he just couldn't get around the corner like he did before really hurting his ability to win with speed. RB's are another group that huge changes in weight honestly seem to hurt them. So even weight gain or loss is hard to tell how good or bad it is for the player.
For sure, but it isn't non-information either like most tidbits we hear about. I still like to keep track of these things for lineman.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For sure, but it isn't non-information either like most tidbits we hear about. I still like to keep track of these things for lineman.

Understandable. Just like to hear say they did gain weight if they are still moving well. Too often speed gets sacrificed for size. With today's NFL players a little lighter and faster honestly kind of like the idea of an OL guy being a bit smaller but having the feet to hold up against these superior athletes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F#$! that smart fan shit. Every June I guarantee that the Cowboys will go 19-0 and bitch slap everyone of you losers favorite teams into submission!!! :heh:

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the guy who said Andy Dalton is better than Aaron Rodgers!

I will not read that article because I am a bitter man.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article, thanks for sharing. Liked the Parcells quote, though he looked and acted the hard nose arsehole, he had some funny material: " ... If the puppy doesn't bite ..."

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good article, thanks for sharing. Liked the Parcells quote, though he looked and acted the hard nose arsehole, he had some funny material: " ... If the puppy doesn't bite ..."
I always liked his "you are what your record says you are" quote myself.