• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How my girlfriend described "team SEC" to me yesterday

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we nominate this as the official my Georgia team hasn't won a title in a long time...so lets focus on regular season achievements. dare I ask how many football championships Georgia has in comparison to USC...heres a hint...you will need more than 10 fingers to count up USC. hell whens the last time they even played for a championship?
So, it's all NCs to you? When the other numbers don't work, you fall back on just NCs? Because in your other post about UGa you were mentioning their rankings ... but you don't want to talk about now.

Here's the problem ... despite dumb ass fans like you, I have respect for USC's program. Always have. And that's without even considering the Song Girls which is really the best thing you guys have going for you. Even with all USC's problems they have had, I've respected them. You on the other hand, ignore the numbers that I just posted, many of which are better than USCs, and that were posted not so show we are better than you (because historically we obviously aren't), but to show you that your total lack of respect for an obviously fine football program is misplaced. I really think it's ignorance ... you so casually dismiss UGa that I think the numbers surprised you and you realized that you really should stick to the west coast football, because you obviously don't know anything about us.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in georgia's current state they wouldn't beat many in the top 25. in fact ill say Nebraska beats them in bowl game. notre dame, Washington, Virginia tech, texas, Miami would all beat georgia
How about an avy bet on the Nebraska game? 1 week. I'd do an avy bet on your bowl game, but jeez you are playing on December 21st, LOL, against a mid-major.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think in georgia's current state they wouldn't beat many in the top 25. in fact ill say Nebraska beats them in bowl game. notre dame, Washington, Virginia tech, texas, Miami would all beat georgia

thankfully most people don't drop teams 20 spots just because their starting QB goes down. they actually have to lose some games first.

i'd centure to say georgia would open up as a favorite against every one of those teams on a neutral field. on any given day, sure, georgia might lose... but none of them, save maybe for notre dame (and even they come up short), have the quality of wins that georgia has.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about an avy bet on the Nebraska game? 1 week. I'd do an avy bet on your bowl game, but jeez you are playing on December 21st, LOL, against a mid-major.

lol sure why not. although Id have to find a avy...as you can see I don't currently have one. yeah that's the sec bias same number of losses but better bowl. id argue that SC win vs Stanford better than anyone Georgia beat. yes that's me saying Stanford would beat Missouri

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol sure why not. although Id have to find a avy...as you can see I don't currently have one. yeah that's the sec bias same number of losses but better bowl. id argue that SC win vs Stanford better than anyone Georgia beat. yes that's me saying Stanford would beat Missouri
That's right ... if you can't win on the facts, let's pull out the old "bias" argument you guys love so much. Which is incredibly ironic in that USC has so much media bias in its favor when you are playing decently it's not even funny. Jeez if Brent Musberger could get his nose further up USC's ass I'd be shocked. It's just that you guys are down right now ... hence, the Vegas Bowl. Which, by the way, I wouldn't mind UGa playing in so I could go to Vegas in December.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thankfully most people don't drop teams 20 spots just because their starting QB goes down. they actually have to lose some games first.

i'd centure to say georgia would open up as a favorite against every one of those teams on a neutral field. on any given day, sure, georgia might lose... but none of them, save maybe for notre dame (and even they come up short), have the quality of wins that georgia has.

whats with your conference and either wanting a home game or neutral field..seem to avoid road games at all costs. although I give credit to Georgia several years ago playing home and home vs Arizona st in 2008-2009 one easily at tempe...but escaped at home by a field goal.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats with your conference and either wanting a home game or neutral field..seem to avoid road games at all costs. although I give credit to Georgia several years ago playing home and home vs Arizona st in 2008-2009 one easily at tempe...but escaped at home by a field goal.
Just stop it ... you keep acting like you know UGa football and you don't. How about in the past 10 years:

Home and Away:
ASU
Colorado
Clemson
Oklahoma State

Neutral:
Boise State

Just stop while you are behind ... you really don't know UGa football ... it's obvious.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop it ... you keep acting like you know UGa football and you don't. How about in the past 10 years:

Home and Away:
ASU
Colorado
Clemson
Oklahoma State

Neutral:
Boise State

Just stop while you are behind ... you really don't know UGa football ... it's obvious.

Really? Boise State was a neutral site game? Wasn't it in Atlanta? Please don't act like it wasn't 85% UGA fans there.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Boise State was a neutral site game? Wasn't it in Atlanta? Please don't act like it wasn't 85% UGA fans there.
Give me a break ... there is no denying we got our asses handed to us. But, yeah, that's called a neutral site game when it isn't at either team's home field, even if it was most certainly closer to UGa.

We play a "neutral site" game against UF every year in Jacksonville. It's 71 miles from Gainesville, and 363 miles from UGa, and it's in the state of Florida. It's still called a Neutral Site game.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My girlfriend just left. I will expect much doubt after I say this, but she looks very similar to my avatar. I will do my best Friday to adhere to the common forum rules when she comes back over to my house.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

um, if trying to decide to put a team ahead of another, the best "even" matchup would be to play hte game at a neutral site. that's why i said... a neutral site.

as for why "my conference" doesnt' like road games... i guess because home games and neutral sites in big cities are better for recruiting purposes. getting to play in the georgia dome, or at lambeau field, or at cowboys stadium, or the superdome, and of course at your own home stadium is a cooler recruiting pitch than visiting morgantown or manhattan kansas. especially if you are going after georgia recruits (dome) or texas recruits (jerry world).