• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Many Games Can D'antoni Lose Without Getting Fired?

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the Suns get their kicks ...ain't going nowhere neither

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlf I am giving you a hard time right now for not seeing reality in some of your past posts but it seems your coming around.

The issue is not the coach solely, it is what is going on that left lakers depleted of assets and now designed now to obtain two max cap players so as to pull off what Miami did?

It's sheer lunacy and many many changes are needed.m it starts with handing Phil complete control. It is what will happen. If not, it's a long long years ahead .

I will spend the next few wondering all Danny's moves ahead. He is a horse trader

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is not the coach solely, it is what is going on that left lakers depleted of assets and now designed now to obtain two max cap players so as to pull off what Miami did?

Aside from the error in trading for Nash, how else would you restructure this roster when the big fish decided he couldn't handle the spotlight in LA for a secondary city or be able to mesh with a 5 time winner? Please spare us the woes of how the franchise is being run into the ground vs. your almighty Celtics and their ineptness stretching from '86 to '08 and even further winning one friggin title with 3 future HOF's and an MVP type PG?? Where's the Logic, Logicman??

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will spend the next few wondering all Danny's moves ahead. He is a horse trader

we're all be waiting with bated breath after your strategy meeting with Ainge, LOL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlf I am giving you a hard time right now for not seeing reality in some of your past posts but it seems your coming around.

It's sheer lunacy and many many changes are needed.m it starts with handing Phil complete control. It is what will happen. If not, it's a long long years ahead .

The Lakers were really fortunate because they had the owner Dr Jim Buss who guided us through all of those championships. I am with Magic Johnson at this point - Jim Buss is a loser from the start. It is a sad commentary for the Lakers. Horrible decisions. I think Kobe would have signed for 17 million and I believe 12 to 14 is the maxium he was worth - they basically gave him double of what they should have.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kobe would have signed for 17 million and I believe 12 to 14 is the maxium he was worth - they basically gave him double of what they should have.

We'll never know what Doc would have done with Kobe's contract....to assume that any heirs will be as successful as their predecessor is reaching a bit.

To live up to Doc's pedigree, business acumen, hunches, etc can't be easy for any of his siblings. I'm not defending Jim but only pointing out that he/others will have hard shoes to fill. Who's to say that Doc didn't leave the kids some pointers on HC/Kobe's contract before he passed? Am looking at it from various angles because none of us know unless we're in that office.

down_dis.png
up_dis.png

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF and Wild Turkey are making sense BAM

What would I have done?

1. I would have given Phil control of operations
2. I would have insured Dwight was signed long term
3. I would have traded Pau immediately while he appeared to have value
4. I would NEVER have signed Nash
5. I would have offered Kobe a deal around $15M.....so that I could add a third piece to him and Dwight. If Kobe said no then I know he did not care to win another ring. It is a test. I would then amnesty him and go crazy after Lebron
6. I would have made the team/coach/ownership attractive to the next group of free agents.

I would not have let Kobe dictate the demise.

These arre no brainer decisions. Cut the crap about being loyal to Kobe. Thats a smokescreen to defend the stupidity

And this is why I say we in Boston will always love Paul and KG. Their concession/attitude set up the future of the organization not just with draft picks round 1, but what appear to be multiple lottery level picks.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5. I would have offered Kobe a deal around $15M.....so that I could add a third piece to him and Dwight. If Kobe said no then I know he did not care to win another ring. It is a test. I would then amnesty him and go crazy after Lebron
6. I would have made the team/coach/ownership attractive to the next group of free agents.

and here's my rebuttal:

*Giving control to Phil -- no love lost between him and Jim; time will tell if the team has a prolonged funk
*Giving Dwight long term contract -- they did and he'd already made his decision to sign with HOU the day BEFORE he met with Lakers. Which part of the memo didn't you get?
*Trading Pau immediately -- coming off two knee procedures any team would be suspicious until watching him play a bit, right? What team blindly makes that type of trade not knowing how he'll play....
*Signing Nash -- agreed
*Giving Kobe $15 mill -- how could you add another piece to him and Dwight when Dwight had already bolted? He didn't want to play second fiddle, in his mind, to the 5 time champ and be exposed to the glaring spotlight of LA(hint hint, can't stand the heat/criticism which we've already seen from his Magic days). That makes it a moot point in Kobe signing for a cheaper contract.
*Making ownership appealing to FA -- as in what exactly when they were trying to get under the tax/cap. When they sort of hamstrung themselves with Nash, having lost Kobe for an undetermined period of time, and D12 not resigning, a FA would blame ownership because of those reasons?? They gambled and won with Pau, gambled and lost with Nash and D12. And those moves were given Doc's blessings not solely Jim.

I would not have let Kobe dictate the demise.

and just how did he dictate? ownership hands you a contract and you'd actually say it's too much money?? Are you insanely aware the mega money he's made the Buss family in 17 years?? Plus, they have the TW Cable stockpiles($5billion over 20 years) to help cushion and spend if necessary.

What is meant by "going crazy after Lebron"?? As in amount of cash, endorsements, piece of the team, what exactly? This organization has ALWAYS taken care of their mega stars, ALWAYS! They'll be in the running for him but you need to clarify what crazy means? You certainly aren't suggesting hanging banners around the city a-la Howard to pitch, right?

And this is why I say we in Boston will always love Paul and KG. Their concession/attitude set up the future of the organization not just with draft picks round 1, but what appear to be multiple lottery level picks

and we in LA will always love and appreciate that Kobe has helped us hoist 5 banners, so what. Kobe isn't/wasn't ready to give it up yet. We've seen how both KG/PP have been done like two years ago....if Boston goes as you predict, I'll be the first to tell you, you called it. Until then, it's all speculation with no guarantees about anything including likelihood that Rondo could get dealt.

I can't believe you continue to want to diminish Lakers prospects after our track record from '00 to '10 using a more recent timeframe....in that stint we put up 5 banners to 1 to your Celtics.

You have the gall to want to compare the two teams' successes and ways of managing franchise especially since we've owned you from 1980 onwards, lol.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Big mistake screwing with Phil. Phil involved keeps Dwight around.

See #1.

He would have been traded last summer if Dwight had resigned. Once Dwight bolted, they needed to hang on to one of their only big men. I would only trade him now if the return keeps their cap space for the summer.

I was excited to get him, but not at the price they did. Hindsight is always 20/20. Too bad a freak injury has robbed any chance of seeing a healthy Nash in a Lakers uniform. The best thing that could happen now if he medically retires thus eliminating his cap hit going forward.

Amnestying Kobe would have been the worse thing business-wise the Lakers could do. It was disappointing the amount he got though. With no Dwight, LeBron ain't coming. The Lakers will offer him a contract, but it doesn't matter.

The Lakers are still an attractive destination, no matter what foolish ones like you believe. You'll see once Love and Westbrook are in the purple and gold.

I would not have let Kobe dictate the demise

Shitty year, but demise? I love all these people who have buried the Lakers for many years to come. They'll get back to the top.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'll see once Love and Westbrook are in the purple and gold.

Westbrook isn't a UFA until the summer of 2017. Not saying you weren't aware, but that' still a ways away