• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Many Games Can D'antoni Lose Without Getting Fired?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he get a free pass because of the injuries?

Has the players quit on him alread?

Or does the management finally realize they should have hired Phil Jackson?

I am thinking he gets a free pass because of the injuries, but man is he awful

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The likelihood he is fired has a direct correlation to how incompetent the Lakers front office is. The more incompetent they are the more likely he is fired.

Competent front offices find the right coach and keep him for several years. The Spurs, the Pacers, the Bullsish, the Thunder, the Heat. Look at teams that have rotating coaches and you see a who's who of dysfunctional franchises.

LAL FO should know that this roster needs work before it became injury riddled, if they actually thought they are fielding a winner or that they will be fielding a true contender the next few years then it is more likely that Mike gets the ax.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he get a free pass because of the injuries?

Has the players quit on him alread?

Or does the management finally realize they should have hired Phil Jackson?

I am thinking he gets a free pass because of the injuries, but man is he awful

How do you know how awful he is? He hasn't had a healthy team. Last year he was handed a team, 5 games into the season, that was injured going into the season and this team has had more injuries than last years. His offense is a point guard driven offense and the Lakers have had so many injuries at that position alone that they had to pull Kendall Marshall out of the D-League just to have a player whose actual position is point guard rather than having 2 guards and small forwards playing point.

My guess is that this will be similar to when Del Harris was the coach. D'Antoni will be the coach through the re-build and be given a couple of seasons after the re-build is complete to see if he can get them to the finals. If he can, great, he'll remain as coach. If not, he will be replaced just like Del Harris was.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say he has a lot of excuses when it comes to how the roster is looking right now. I doubt he gets fired. Not everyone can be as successful as Phil Jackson and life after Phil has to start at some point. He'll stick around for a while but if he fails with a great roster he will be sent packing quickly.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's the rub, every coach that succeeds Phil will have a giant microscope which isn't fair to say the least. Which squarely shows just how good PJ was as a coach. Would he have had better luck coaching past two years' teams? We'll never know but it sure would have been interesting to find out.

How this season and next plays out is anybody's guess in terms of coaches, players, etc. One thing is for sure, we now know what it feels like to be fans of Bobcats, Bucks, Raptors, Kings, etc. when they are perennial bottom-dwellers. It sucks! Then again, how many of those teams have seen their roster absolutely decimated by injuries to key players as Lakers have past two seasons?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I been sayin it since the start, we should of hired Brian Shaw over Mike Brown and maybe we're not talking about this....but back to the point, they're keeping him because of the injuries. As for this season, I can't complain...I wanted them to tank for draft position and while they're not tanking, the litany of injuries have put us at the point of not being competitive. I just want everyone to get healthy, and I would like for us to trade Pau at some point, because a trade of Pau is what's best for both sides.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you know how awful he is? He hasn't had a healthy team. Last year he was handed a team, 5 games into the season, that was injured going into the season and this team has had more injuries than last years. His offense is a point guard driven offense and the Lakers have had so many injuries at that position alone that they had to pull Kendall Marshall out of the D-League just to have a player whose actual position is point guard rather than having 2 guards and small forwards playing point.

My guess is that this will be similar to when Del Harris was the coach. D'Antoni will be the coach through the re-build and be given a couple of seasons after the re-build is complete to see if he can get them to the finals. If he can, great, he'll remain as coach. If not, he will be replaced just like Del Harris was.

I personally thought he was awful coach(and I am being very generous here with this term) before he came to the Lakers. He has never played defense and his offense depends too much on three point shots

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they fire him the next 2 seasons. This is a rebuild after all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it his fault that the Lakers roster is shit and aren't healthy also?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way they fire him the next 2 seasons. This is a rebuild after all.

Not this season anyway - but this is his second year and I can see where when his contract ends, they might look for a new coach. I believe he has a free pass until next season and is given a fair chance to make a run with some better players. The Lakers should be able to reload this summer. I think they counted this season as a complete loss before it even started any way. I sure did

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this season anyway - but this is his second year and I can see where when his contract ends, they might look for a new coach. I believe he has a free pass until next season and is given a fair chance to make a run with some better players. The Lakers should be able to reload this summer. I think they counted this season as a complete loss before it even started any way. I sure did

Gonna be hard for the Lakers to field a legit contender for next season. Mike isn't going anywhere until his contract runs out.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Jackson wouldn't win with this roster either

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's the rub, every coach that succeeds Phil will have a giant microscope which isn't fair to say the least. Which squarely shows just how good PJ was as a coach. Would he have had better luck coaching past two years' teams? We'll never know but it sure would have been interesting to find out.

How this season and next plays out is anybody's guess in terms of coaches, players, etc. One thing is for sure, we now know what it feels like to be fans of Bobcats, Bucks, Raptors, Kings, etc. when they are perennial bottom-dwellers. It sucks! Then again, how many of those teams have seen their roster absolutely decimated by injuries to key players as Lakers have past two seasons?

I'm not interested in being fair - I don't like Damntoni and would like to the Lakers get a better coach flat out.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care which coach it is, when you've got 3 starters out most of season (with one of them being Kobe), that ship will sail in rough waters

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care which coach it is, when you've got 3 starters out most of season (with one of them being Kobe), that ship will sail in rough waters

They are not sailing though - they are sinking straight to the bottom and nothing to slow down the descent

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not D'antonis biggest fan right now but when the team was healthy they were winning against some pretty big teams.

Just like I said during last years playoffs: when you have to get a guy out of the D-League to play starting PG, you ain't gonna win shit.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nener nener nener

LOL, good game Fakers