• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long do you see our SB window

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See here is where I get frustrated with the whole OL didn't give our QB's time thing. Siemian had one of the 3 worst snap to throw times of any QB in the NFL. So it wasn't always that he didn't have time it was that he really was holding onto the football for longer than needed. People have accused me of being a Siemian hater but it isn't that just there are things he has done that make me think he is a much better back up than a starter in this league and this is one of those where he struggles to get through his reads fast enough. Now maybe 3rd year we see that speed up some but when rookies are already getting through their progressions faster than him and even Lynch actually had the 4th fastest time in the NFL of snap to throw I don't think that area improves as much as some think for Siemian.

Now understand I'm not saying Siemian is the only problem as yes the OL was not great and yes those 2nd and 3rd and short run plays were atrocious.

Like I said Seimian is not with out fault, he held the ball to long many times (probably progressing to slowly through his reads). I am not a Seimian hater or lover. I think he is a better starting QB then some teams have in the league. Can you tell me that Seimian is worse then what the Jets ran out there this year or the Bears? I don't believe Seimian is going to be the next Tom Brady, but I don't think he is going to be the next Jeff George or Ryan Leaf either.

The best friend a young QB can have is a good running game, and I believe our Oline play last year is the reason that the running game wasn't more effective. Way too many times were the running backs avoiding or getting first contact behind the line of scrimmage.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big part of why I struggle to see Siemian being our long term starter...

I think he is going to get a fair shot to win the job this year and I'd be willing to give him a chance, especially with the change in coaches. Can he make a progression, perhaps in a more QB friendly offense? McCoy's offense will probably be a lot easier for him to grasp because it's less complex and he schemes to his players better than Kubiak seemed to do.

I also think there is still a chance Siemian is packaged in a trade. If there is even a whiff of a hint of a suggestion that Lynch may get the nod this year I think we'll see Siemian placed on the trade block now. His value will be higher coming off a season with 14 starts (8-6 W-L), 3400 yards, 18-10 TD-INT. That's decent production for a 2nd year player who'd come out of the 7th round. I think that can be parlayed to net a 5th (maybe even a 4th) round pick to a team that really needs a QB. Before anyone calls me crazy, let's not forget that a year ago the Texans shelled out $72 million for a QB with a longer but less accomplished resume (years in the league vs actual production).

Nothing surprises me anymore.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on a lot of points by all above but the Trevor downers seem to forget this was basically his rookie year also. Dak fell into the perfect scenario for a rookie Qb to have success A great O line, rb and a simplified offensive scheme for him. Give that to Trevor last year and we would all be touting Trevor the future in Denver. If Romo doesn't get gig in Denver, I'll still say Trevor wins job over Lynch to start season. After that, we'll see. If, that is, Lynch is not cut :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I assume you will give Lynch the same grace next year as it will be his equivalent of his rookie year.

And Siemian got to be tutored by one of the all time great QBs for his "redshirt" year. While Lynch had Sanchez and a rookie QB. :D

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Siemian surprised me one game where he showed flashes of "it". Other than that he was pedestrian. I hope he becomes the next Brady

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I assume you will give Lynch the same grace next year as it will be his equivalent of his rookie year.

And Siemian got to be tutored by one of the all time great QBs for his "redshirt" year. While Lynch had Sanchez and a rookie QB. :D
Besides a little kidding to those Lynch homers, I've been pretty consistent that Lynch hasn't shown much when he's had the opportunities, that he needs more time, that until he wins job I see Trevor as better option at this point, etc. Lynch over Trevor.......when I start hearing positive commentary from people that actually know ( Elway, coaches,etc ) that Lynch is making the strides,etc ) to win the job over Trevor, I'll be more than excited to jump on that train. What I've seen/heard so far other than the guru's here, is he has a ways to go to supplant Trevor at this point. You can talk all the self proclaimed football knowledge to me all you want. Let's just pull the reins back a tad and see how things unfold. It really surprises me that some guys on here wave this " Lynch Flag " so confidently and arrogantly for his future and skill set over Trevs and they really have a extremely limited sample size and no collaboration to back it up. Like I've said, unless Romo gets invited, Trevor starts game 1 this year. I'll take on any friendly wagers that say different. :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch has looked shell shocked thus far

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See here is where I get frustrated with the whole OL didn't give our QB's time thing. Siemian had one of the 3 worst snap to throw times of any QB in the NFL. So it wasn't always that he didn't have time it was that he really was holding onto the football for longer than needed. People have accused me of being a Siemian hater but it isn't that just there are things he has done that make me think he is a much better back up than a starter in this league and this is one of those where he struggles to get through his reads fast enough. Now maybe 3rd year we see that speed up some but when rookies are already getting through their progressions faster than him and even Lynch actually had the 4th fastest time in the NFL of snap to throw I don't think that area improves as much as some think for Siemian.

Now understand I'm not saying Siemian is the only problem as yes the OL was not great and yes those 2nd and 3rd and short run plays were atrocious.

wow you hate siemian don't you

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow you hate siemian don't you

That must be it. I mean those stats I posted are completely bogus and should have no merit in showing that he really struggled big time this past season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is going to get a fair shot to win the job this year and I'd be willing to give him a chance, especially with the change in coaches. Can he make a progression, perhaps in a more QB friendly offense? McCoy's offense will probably be a lot easier for him to grasp because it's less complex and he schemes to his players better than Kubiak seemed to do.

I also think there is still a chance Siemian is packaged in a trade. If there is even a whiff of a hint of a suggestion that Lynch may get the nod this year I think we'll see Siemian placed on the trade block now. His value will be higher coming off a season with 14 starts (8-6 W-L), 3400 yards, 18-10 TD-INT. That's decent production for a 2nd year player who'd come out of the 7th round. I think that can be parlayed to net a 5th (maybe even a 4th) round pick to a team that really needs a QB. Before anyone calls me crazy, let's not forget that a year ago the Texans shelled out $72 million for a QB with a longer but less accomplished resume (years in the league vs actual production).

Nothing surprises me anymore.

I'm actually reading a book right now on the offensive philosophy that McCoy likes to use and it is really fascinating. I can tell you right now it is definitely more QB friendly in some senses and not so much in others. Where it is QB friendly is in the play calling. Most plays are only about 2-3 words long. So makes memorizing them much simpler. Plus once you memorize one play then you have memorized about 10 plays as a QB because they use the same play call no matter the formation. This is where it gets more difficult though in that the skill position players have to memorize multiple positions because they could be any of the 5 options that could go out and run a route. For the QB it also can get complicated in what keys you are looking for then in the defense of then which of the 5 or so routes you need to be trying to throw to. The Patriots run a very similar scheme and obviously have had a lot of success with it but they also have one of the best to have ever done it at the helm.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If y'all sign Dak and Zeke, I've got y'all undefeated....

What I mean is things in the NFL can quickly change either for the good or the bad. Let's say Lynch takes a big leap like we have seen plenty of 2nd year QB's do in this league and the Broncos sign a couple of OL players that make them a respectable OL. Well now we still have an elite defense paired with a decent offense. Plenty of teams have won the Super Bowl with that very combo.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I mean is things in the NFL can quickly change either for the good or the bad. Let's say Lynch takes a big leap like we have seen plenty of 2nd year QB's do in this league and the Broncos sign a couple of OL players that make them a respectable OL. Well now we still have an elite defense paired with a decent offense. Plenty of teams have won the Super Bowl with that very combo.
I agree with you, but what the Broncos need to have a shot this year is above average-elite QB play

Final four QB's were Brady, Ryan, Rodgers and Big Ben. Just saying

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, but what the Broncos need to have a shot this year is above average-elite QB play

Final four QB's were Brady, Ryan, Rodgers and Big Ben. Just saying

Not disagreeing. To think that Romo is the only option though of how the Broncos get above average QB play though is ignoring that young players do grow in the position especially if the Broncos can help develop the OL and get themselves a bit of a running game going.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That must be it. I mean those stats I posted are completely bogus and should have no merit in showing that he really struggled big time this past season.
Stats. Post Lynchs then

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2017-18 Super Bowl Odds
Patriots 7/1

Falcons 12/1

Cowboys 12/1

Packers 12/1

Seahawks 15/1

Broncos 17/1

Steelers 18/1

Raiders 18/1

Chiefs 20/1

Giants 20/1

Colts 30/1

Panthers 30/1

Cardinals 35/1

Vikings 35/1

Buccaneers 40/1

Texans 40/1

Ravens 42/1

Eagles 48/1

Dolphins 50/1

Titans 50/1

Redskins 60/1

Bengals 70/1

Lions 70/1

Saints 75/1

Chargers 80/1

Bills 80/1

Jaguars 100/1

Bears 125/1

Rams 150/1

Jets 150/1

Browns 400/1

49ers 400/1
I'm putting 100 on Jags.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats. Post Lynchs then

The comment this refers to did, Siemian was bottom 3 snap to throw. Lynch was 4th fastest.

Get over it. No one ever said Siemian is crap and no one said Lynch is GOAT. Basically we have 2 mediocre (being generous) QBs that need to improve. Along with other areas of the team.