• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How long do you see our SB window

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been pondering this since our season ended. I have to admit I thought John might do a bigger overhaul this off season. I thought the timing was right to do so.

Reasons

1. Winning SB 50
2. 2 young QB's
3. So much needed on O side
4. First time HC new staff

I think we go D at 20.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're contenders as long as John stays sober

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can shore up our oline, or at least scheme for it with quick passes and shotgun formations, I think we'll be good for quite a few more years.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense has to run through a good RB. CJ Anderson has to stay healthy or its all for naught.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infinity

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Infinity if they find a run game. Couple other pieces but run game is essential. At least one that DC's have to respect. Plus..Elway and co. have to do better in FA and draft to keep the ball rolling. Piece of cake,right ? Gulp ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the window depends on if Siemian or Lynch develop into a top-10 QB in the league. If you have one of those then every year your team should be able to compete for the most part. IF we have to continue to look for a starting QB though that window will close very quickly even with this great defense.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of the window depends on if Siemian or Lynch develop into a top-10 QB in the league. If you have one of those then every year your team should be able to compete for the most part. IF we have to continue to look for a starting QB though that window will close very quickly even with this great defense.
But......Most importantly a good run game is essential in helping a young qb develop. Ask Dak and most of all the other young qbs in the league.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is on the record with his "win from now on" quote. I think he's serious and has shown signs of emulating the Patriot way. Love them or hate them, the Pats have enjoyed a dynasty for a looooooong time. Of course it helps when you play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every damn game.

The Broncos are going to be in contention, in the hunt or top dog for as long as John Elway is running the show. I am all knowing on these matters and I have spoken.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is on the record with his "win from now on" quote. I think he's serious and has shown signs of emulating the Patriot way. Love them or hate them, the Pats have enjoyed a dynasty for a looooooong time. Of course it helps when you play the Jets, Bills and Dolphins every damn game.

The Broncos are going to be in contention, in the hunt or top dog for as long as John Elway is running the show. I am all knowing on these matters and I have spoken.
I believe the quote was "win now and from now on" which is why romo
Makes sense now and lynch from now on.
Hard to "win now " with lynch

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... lots of needs but we won w/o a good OL or QB or running game... so not gonna suggest we need those because window being open would suggest we already had what we needed and we didn't have those.

We won with elite defensive play and outstanding kicking. Special Teams was not great last year punting wasn't as good but all things considered the rookie played ok. Where we were hurt was our inability to get stops on D and we couldn't because the d line and ilbs did not play well enough. We lost trevathan and Jackson and those hurt and we still haven't replaced them. Then we have aging pieces in Ware Talib and Ward and not sure we have their replacements yet. Roby and Rey have been ok but not as good as Talib and ware and if there is a drop off there then you have to pick it up elsewhere. Roby had a disappointing season in that he got exposed a bit... Rey improved but is not the meet me at qb pass rusher ware was.

Window? Might already be shut ... but don't worry Elway will find another one to open... though I'd prefer to go heavy D and replenish an elite d and ease the burden on how fast the o has to develop. Otherwise a kick returner and better do teams coaching to play off and help elite d would be great.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah... a lb/s to cover a friggin TE too

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... lots of needs but we won w/o a good OL or QB or running game... so not gonna suggest we need those because window being open would suggest we already had what we needed and we didn't have those.

We won with elite defensive play and outstanding kicking. Special Teams was not great last year punting wasn't as good but all things considered the rookie played ok. Where we were hurt was our inability to get stops on D and we couldn't because the d line and ilbs did not play well enough. We lost trevathan and Jackson and those hurt and we still haven't replaced them. Then we have aging pieces in Ware Talib and Ward and not sure we have their replacements yet. Roby and Rey have been ok but not as good as Talib and ware and if there is a drop off there then you have to pick it up elsewhere. Roby had a disappointing season in that he got exposed a bit... Rey improved but is not the meet me at qb pass rusher ware was.

Window? Might already be shut ... but don't worry Elway will find another one to open... though I'd prefer to go heavy D and replenish an elite d and ease the burden on how fast the o has to develop. Otherwise a kick returner and better do teams coaching to play off and help elite d would be great.
Pretty tough for the D to hold up every game in 4th qtr when they've been on field twice as long as the offense because they were bound and determined to lead the league in 3 and outs. Might want to add that to your hypothesis. :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But......Most importantly a good run game is essential in helping a young qb develop. Ask Dak and most of all the other young qbs in the league.

No disagreeing with this. I'm just saying that the best way to keep a window wide open in this league is to have a great QB. So the development of Lynch or Siemian into a top-10 guy in the league would be huge. Yes they would be helped by a great Running game as well. And I hope we can finally find one.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty tough for the D to hold up every game in 4th qtr when they've been on field twice as long as the offense because they were bound and determined to lead the league in 3 and outs. Might want to add that to your hypothesis. :)
No need, 2pts 1) held up just fine last year and more importantly 2) D gave up a ridiculous amount of first drive points for an elite D... what they were too tired from warming up? :gaah: That's not even considering their entire game(1st 2nd 3rd and 4th qtr)/season long struggle getting off field on 3rd downs, sometimes due to just sheer boneheaded penalties.

jdlewis777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree window opens widest with a franchise qb, but hard to say we have one yet. But i seem to like our qbs more than most... Siemian is a legit caretaker starter ... a bit too mechanical which may indicate a lower ceiling but I think we are better with him than we were with most of our 2000s qbs. Lynch ... loved him in college wasn't happy he didn't at least flash more last year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need, 2pts 1) held up just fine last year and more importantly 2) D gave up a ridiculous amount of first drive points for an elite D... what they were too tired from warming up? :gaah: That's not even considering their entire game(1st 2nd 3rd and 4th qtr)/season long struggle getting off field on 3rd downs, sometimes due to just sheer boneheaded penalties.
I could be mistaken but didn't Denver D finish 2016 season in top 5 overall Defense ranking and the Offense finished near bottom in most categories ? I would be more concerned with their offense than the D. Denver could have made SB with that D but no chance in hell with that offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could be mistaken but didn't Denver D finish 2016 season in top 5 overall Defense ranking and the Offense finished near bottom in most categories ? I would be more concerned with their offense than the D. Denver could have made SB with that D but no chance in hell with that offense.

The D was very good but they were not without fault in this season. We won the Super Bowl with what I would consider a very comparable offense to what we had this season. So yes the defense did take a bit of a step back. Where it showed up most is 1st quarter or especially 1st drives of games where quite a few teams just marched down and scored. We started out in a hole and unfortunately with our offense never stood a chance of climbing out of it. In fact I think we had the worst offense and the worst defense in the NFL in 1st quarter scoring.

Then you throw in the run defense. We just couldn't stop people. They could get some nice gains on 1st down that helped set them up for some easy 3rd down conversions. Last year we were one of the top teams in negative plays forcing teams to have to pass on us which allowed our great pass rush and secondary to take over. This year we were one of the worst at forcing negative plays and well it took away our best weapon.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's NFL the Super Bowl Window can open and shut each year. That is what Free Agency does, and that is the way the NFL wants it. The really good teams are good at drafting the players that can work in their system. New England is so good year in and year out, but most of their players are not good when they go to other places. They seem to find players that fit a role and they use them to the max of their talent. That is great coaching. I dislike New England for a lot of reason, but they are the road map for how to have a Super Bowl window open for an extended time.

Last years Broncos were missing 2 things from the year before:
1. Another DE that made plays. Jackson was outstanding for us and his departure hurt.
2. An ILB that could cover someone. We missed Travathan a lot last year.

To me this is a miss by Elway. He knew these guys were potentially leaving via FA, and didn't have guys that could fill the void without a major drop off. Green Bay and New England both seem to have outstanding depth every year. We need to get there.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you can get competent QB play with a great D you can win in the playoffs. Houston should have beaten NE had they gotten competent QB play. Now they are probably going to draft a QB in the 1st round after the Brock experience. Continue to improve the defense and hope Lynch or Siemian can become that competent QB .