• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Is Anyone Supposed To Defend Creighton

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're on?

Last edited by a moderator:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...by having better defenders that can push out and are athletic enough NOT to let them penetrate with ease. Also the ability to switch at almost every position on the floor.

Florida, Arizona, Cincy, UVA, Ohio State. All good enough defensive teams to not let a shooting performance like THAT happen

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When they are on you really can't guard them.

They are a bad match up for teams that play a lot of guards and have a big man that isn't able to chase Wragge outside because the guy plays the 5 but only shoots 3s.

Best bet is trying to face guard Wragge and hope McDermott doesn't go full god mode on you. If wragge is limited from outside it gets them out of rhythm a lot...unless McBuckets goes off which is really out of your control.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can ask the Baylor guards after they get torched by them. :whistle:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can ask the Baylor guards after they get torched by them. :whistle:

Wat8.jpg

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...ard-general-discussion/142597-upset-city.html

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to pick up each player at half-court. Can't let them be open at any point to shoot the ball. A lot of teams think "Oh, they won't shoot it from here" and then BOOM, 26ft 3pointer, or whatever...

They will shoot from just about anywhere, so you really can't relax.

Other than that, all you can do is go back to their losses and see what other teams did. XU had a lot of success in their win against them with switching defenders, instead of trying to stay with a specific player on defense.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Umm...by having better defenders that can push out and are athletic enough NOT to let them penetrate with ease. Also the ability to switch at almost every position on the floor.

Florida, Arizona, Cincy, UVA, Ohio State. All good enough defensive teams to not let a shooting performance like THAT happen

Did you see where they were shooting from? When a team is on like that it's just the way it is for the most part. Of course you can adjust but a team that wants to shoot 3s throughout 40 minutes will get there's especially when Doug can score from inside just as well.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to pick up each player at half-court. Can't let them be open at any point to shoot the ball. A lot of teams think "Oh, they won't shoot it from here" and then BOOM, 26ft 3pointer, or whatever...

They will shoot from just about anywhere, so you really can't relax.

Other than that, all you can do is go back to their losses and see what other teams did. XU had a lot of success in their win against them with switching defenders, instead of trying to stay with a specific player on defense.

THIS. It is something MOST defenses cannot do. But the defenses I listed CAN and WOULD do that, and Creighton wouldn't beat any of those teams IMO because of it. (well, maybe OSU because who knows if they can hit any shots...)

Did you see where they were shooting from? When a team is on like that it's just the way it is for the most part. Of course you can adjust but a team that wants to shoot 3s throughout 40 minutes will get there's especially when Doug can score from inside just as well.

If you pick someone up at half court then they won't have room. If Douggie scores 40 and the rest of them score 25, creighton loses. If you have someone who can hold Douggie to 20 (I'm biased, but an Aaron Gordon, for example) then they are very screwed.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Creighton is on fire like that there isn't much a defense can do. Team's don't catch fire that easily though, I give it a 10% chance Creighton repeats a hot start like that again.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THIS. It is something MOST defenses cannot do. But the defenses I listed CAN and WOULD do that, and Creighton wouldn't beat any of those teams IMO because of it. (well, maybe OSU because who knows if they can hit any shots...)

If you pick someone up at half court then they won't have room. If Douggie scores 40 and the rest of them score 25, creighton loses. If you have someone who can hold Douggie to 20 (I'm biased, but an Aaron Gordon, for example) then they are very screwed.

You could say that about any team. They have 5 players who can shoot the 3, a couple who could inside-out. Obviously Creighton is beatable, what I am saying is if they all have an on-shooting night like they have showed in 4-5 games, they are tough to beat, all I'm saying. You could say that about any team as well, but Creighton has actually done it, more than once.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OSU is a scary defensive team when they choose to be. I give Matta no credit. He hasn't formed that team into what it needs to be and should be: A steel trap. The athletes OSU has out on the floor at any given time is unreal, but it appears that only one of them can shoot.

If they gave real effort on defense they would be a final four team.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is why they are as good as they are. There are only a handful of defenses out there with athletes good enough to swtich off nearly every ball screen, still defend the post, and keep up with their shooters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU is a scary defensive team when they choose to be. I give Matta no credit. He hasn't formed that team into what it needs to be and should be: A steel trap. The athletes OSU has out on the floor at any given time is unreal, but it appears that only one of them can shoot.

If they gave real effort on defense they would be a final four team.

Yep, I am dissappointed the only guys that can shoot are Lenzelle and Della Valle off the bench, but doesn't play as many minutes.

I am also disappointed in his lack of recruiting big men. It was great at first Oden, Koufos, Sullinger, etc. Amir is good on D, but lack of scoring in the post has been a weakness and they always have that 3 point shooter, this year not so much.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is why they are as good as they are. There are only a handful of defenses out there with athletes good enough to swtich off nearly every ball screen, still defend the post, and keep up with their shooters.

That sums it up, with the right match up (which would benefit Creighton) and they all shoot as well as have they shown the ability multiple times to do, they can be tough.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott takes nearly 3 times the amount of shots more than Wragge and scores almost 3 times the amount of points. Those two are the go-to guys on that team. Deny them the ball; especially McDermott and they have a tough time scoring. They were highly overrated early, but some late losses put them about where they belong; a good basketball team that might, make the E-8 if they play better than they know how.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDermott takes nearly 3 times the amount of shots more than Wragge and scores almost 3 times the amount of points. Those two are the go-to guys on that team. Deny them the ball; especially McDermott and they have a tough time scoring. They were highly overrated early, but some late losses put them about where they belong; a good basketball team that might, make the E-8 if they play better than they know how.

All I know is: UC hung with them last year in the NCAA (losing by 4), and UC is much, much improved this year over last year.

What does that mean?

Nothing at all, actually...LOL

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is: UC hung with them last year in the NCAA (losing by 4), and UC is much, much improved this year over last year.

What does that mean?

Nothing at all, actually...LOL

Cincinnati got stuck with MSU in the round of 32...that's a bad, bad, draw so early in the tournament.