• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a smaller point to argue about, but I'll offer one more volley here from my end:

Jaylen Brown has got that elite, quick twitch athleticism that (frankly) a guy like Kuzma doesn't have. So while Kuzma's size might be right for today's NBA and they are very comparable on that front... he just doesn't have the athletic ceiling of a Brown when it comes to defense.

I'm not saying Kuzma is a bad athlete, mind you... just saying Brown is elite and Kuzma is not in that club.

Your other points are fair.
When i saw the lakers lose by 33 against boston couple years back, They put Jaylen in the game. He did that Iconic scoop Jordan layup except the sob jumped so high his head was damn near as high as the backboard. It was a thing off beauty. Damn was i pissed that day.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers aren't getting a peaked Heat Lebron. They are getting a Lebron on the clear downhill slide. And will continue next season. They were better off on the course they were at instead of throwing Hundreds of Millions to a soon to be WASHED UP Le3for9.

Stupid.. I would have went for Leonard instead for less money . He has way more good years left than LePastHisPrime.

Lakers are a 2nd round playoff exit at best.

Last edited:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me I have two teenage daughters, I know when people get upset.
Apparently not, SD. :D I'm still here... I'm still not upset.

But, in fairness, I got a high tolerance... I'm a high school teacher and I'm around high school nonsense all day. If I couldn't put up with it I would have had a heart attack already. ;)

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers aren't getting a peaked Heat Lebron. They are getting a Lebron on the clear downhill slide. And will continue next season. They were better off on the course they were at instead of throwing Hundreds of Millions to a soon to be WASHED UP Le3for9.

Stupid.. I would have went for Leonard instead for less money . He has way more good years left than LePastHisPrime.

1) you been saying this for 2 years. You assume he is in decline, but the reality is that he is playing the best offensive basketball of his career.

2) Kawhi wasn't a free agent. It wasn't an either or and they very well may get both.

3) Go away

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, if you were an actual basketball fan you'd be sucking a crackheads dick to have him on your team

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, if you were an actual basketball fan you'd be sucking a crackheads dick to have him on your team

So you think Lebron can lead these FAKERS to the promise land then?

If not. Shut up

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted second round loss, but they could very well make the western conference finals if the seeding works out in their favor. I just don't think they are beating Golden State or Houston

Reactions: DJ

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think he can change a 35 win team to 50 win playoff team?

Yeah who doesn't think that?

Ohhhh.. 15 more wins that warrants an extra 120mil or whatever right?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted second round loss, but they could very well make the western conference finals if the seeding works out in their favor. I just don't think they are beating Golden State or Houston
Yup.

If by some miracle, Rockets and Dubs face off in the 2nd round, Lakers have as good a chance as anyone else...imo

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of now a loss in the second round off the playoffs but things can change very quickly.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

If by some miracle, Rockets and Dubs face off in the 2nd round, Lakers have as good a chance as anyone else...imo
Yeah, pretty much. It means that GS or Houston fall to the 5 seed (unlikely), but if the both play the whole season for the playoffs, there are a lot of very good teams in the West, so maybe they meet up in the second round. If so, they will probably be facing the Lakers in the WCF

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea.. 150MIL for 15 more wins and a 2nd round exit. Gotta have that. . Great investment :gaah:

Are you actually suggesting that LeBron James is not worth a max contract?

You have said a lot of really stupid things in this forum, but this might just take the cake.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently not, SD. :D I'm still here... I'm still not upset.

But, in fairness, I got a high tolerance... I'm a high school teacher and I'm around high school nonsense all day. If I couldn't put up with it I would have had a heart attack already. ;)
reported to the fbi

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

I got them in the WCF honestly. OKC, its time for our revenge.