• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL How far will these misfit Lakers go?

How far will these misfit Lakers go?

• Implode mid-season

Votes: 10 16.9%
  • Western Conference Finals Loss

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • NBA Finals Loss

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Beat the Celtics in the Finals

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • First Round Loss

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Second Round Loss

Votes: 22 37.3%

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have managed to put together what looks to be a better roster than most thought they could. But you can make a solid argument that it could have been even better had they not waited on Kawhi.

They did a good job pivoting after the Kawhi saga ended. But calling the Lakers deep is a stretch(not saying you did but others seem to be arguing that).

The Lakers took some gambles and hope they are going to pay off. Avery Bradley has been a bad player for the past 2 years. Cousins is damaged goods and no one really knows what he will be able to do. Danny Green was a nice addition. Dudley is washed.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?

Unfortunately, he probably is.

The Clippers added 2 stars to a team that made the playoffs last year.

The Lakers had 2 stars and added a bunch of role players at the end of FA.

The Lakers did a much better job putting together a roster than I or anyone else thought they could.

But the Clippers are deeper, imo.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers did a much better job putting together a roster than I or anyone else thought they could.

Exactly. The Clippers are running back the same team that made the playoffs last minus SGA but plus Mo Harkless, Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Depth is a strength of their and could have been a reason why Kawhi chose the Clips.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Clippers front court is pretty shallow if you ask me. They have a lot of wing depth, but how much of that will even see the court behind Kawhi and George? False depth IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Clippers are running back the same team that made the playoffs last minus SGA but plus Mo Harkless, Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Depth is a strength of their and could have been a reason why Kawhi chose the Clips.

Lakers couldn't have depth until Kawhi made his decision. Toronto is FAR deeper than the Clips, had Kawhi stayed. Kawhi chose the Clips because he was able to force them to add another star.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Clippers front court is pretty shallow if you ask me. They have a lot of wing depth, but how much of that will even see the court behind Kawhi and George? False depth IMO.

agree with the front court thing to a point. Won't go as far as "false depth", but on paper certainly not a strength...

if you're going to beat the the Clippers banging them down low is what most opponents are going to go for...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers didn't miss the playoffs because they weren't that good or as good as the Clippers. The Lakers missed the playoffs because they were destroyed by injuries. They were in the top three in the standings until LeBron was injured. The biggest problem the Lakers could have besides injuries is going to be chemistry because of all new players except two

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at the ppg for each player and the Lakers have more from 1 to 12. Granted that's on paper, but I think the Clippers don't have enough power in the reserves like you pointed out and they are going to really be in trouble when their starters have to sit. I agree with you totally

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers didn't miss the playoffs because they weren't that good or as good as the Clippers. The Lakers missed the playoffs because they were destroyed by injuries. They were in the top three in the standings until LeBron was injured. The biggest problem the Lakers could have besides injuries is going to be chemistry because of all new players except two

The Lakers were the 4 seed when the injuries started. But last year isn't the point. The point is that the Clippers already had a team of role players who played well enough to make the playoffs. Then they added 2 stars. The Lakers had 2 stars and added role players at the end of FA.

The Lakers did a nice job adding players and maybe by the end of the season, they will prove to be the deeper team. But until they show it, the Clippers have to be considered the deeper team, imo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have issues. Their frontcourt isn't very strong and not much deep. That could be a major problem against a team like the Lakers---Cousins and AD

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have issues. Their frontcourt isn't very strong and not much deep. That could be a major problem against a team like the Lakers---Cousins and AD

Their bigs are definitely a problem. And if Cousins can return to form, they pose a real problem for Clippers. But that's a big if.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were the 4 seed when the injuries started. But last year isn't the point. The point is that the Clippers already had a team of role players who played well enough to make the playoffs. Then they added 2 stars. The Lakers had 2 stars and added role players at the end of FA.

The Lakers did a nice job adding players and maybe by the end of the season, they will prove to be the deeper team. But until they show it, the Clippers have to be considered the deeper team, imo.
Have you even looked at all of their players collectively?

I have

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their bigs are definitely a problem. And if Cousins can return to form, they pose a real problem for Clippers. But that's a big if.

To me, that unknown is the issue. If Boogie is close to what he was pre-injury, and a couple of the new guys pan out then the Lakers could end.up.being the better, deeper team.

But until we see that, it's the Clippers.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean I am not expecting him to be a world beater, maybe more minutes. 16 and 8 is enough though (short stint 30 games). Just increase those efficiency numbers and I'm sure the Lakers will be plenty happy with that

cooljack

Destroyer of Worlds
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will definitely be interesting to see who comes out on top in the West. This should be an entertaining season.

Will LeBron be back in the Finals?

And I wouldn't count Golden State out just yet.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I am not expecting him to be a world beater, maybe more minutes. 16 and 8 is enough though (short stint 30 games). Just increase those efficiency numbers and I'm sure the Lakers will be plenty happy with that

It's not so much his offensive game that is the concern. It's his defensive game. If is a liability on D that is going to be a huge problem for the Lakers. You just can't have a big gaping hole in the paint and wing championships. While it can happen it is pretty rare.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd round loss. I still think they need another good player to go along with Lebron and Davis.