• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How far should FSU drop?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably drop them to somewhere around 10-12.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU averages 1.5 yards per carry and a total of 40 yards rushing all game, but it's the QB who threw for 210 yards that was the problem?

I sometimes don't know what game you guys watch to be honest. Hell I thought he made our secondary look pretty bad for the first half until we started blitzing way more due to their lack of a running game.

I go along with all of that. I wrote something similar at halftime, suggesting that if Fisher
didn't get Akers some quality reps at rb, we'd never win that game.

He brought the kid in some, but then he goes back to Patrick...who has a skill set not
applicable to what we do offensively. Fisher is hard-headed, and he gets "rabbit-eared"
when folks question some of his 4-5 star recruits. ala...James Wilder. I wouldn't
care if the kid is a 7-star recruit, if he doesn't fit into what you are doing, he's worthless
to you.

Now, understand when I make those comments it is in regard to teams that have a pulse.
I know the kid will do ok vs Syracuse, or Wake Forest, people like that. But not against
elite teams. If we've lost Francois, and we probably have, we are going to need to rely
on a strong running game. Our best option at QB will be a true frosh. He needs to get
Akers 20 touches vs ULM, because we'll need that kid vs Miami, the following week.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You SEC folks think in terms of run first.

If Francois was a better passer and doubled that 210 yards, you bet your ass the run game all of a sudden opens up.

It's funny how that works.

What I saw was he tore our defense up in the 1st half. He was getting good time in the pocket, and he tore our defense up. He did hit 1 or 2 guys in stride, but he didn't hit more because they wouldn't have been open. He was hitting small windows.

But when you don't have a run game to keep the other team off balance, or vice versa it's only a matter of time before the other team adjusts what they are doing. And that's why we saw an entirely different 2nd half. Our front was MUCH more aggressive the 2nd half and we blitzed a lot more, with no respect for their running game.

Not to mention how much a running game matter for keeping drives alive and the defense on the field to get tired.

Sorry, but in my world, you don't get 40 yards of rushing @ 1.5 yards per carry and call it a QB problem.

I bet if FSU played UTEP yesterday, everyone would be talking about how great he was.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I go along with all of that. I wrote something similar at halftime, suggesting that if Fisher
didn't get Akers some quality reps at rb, we'd never win that game.

He brought the kid in some, but then he goes back to Patrick...who has a skill set not
applicable to what we do offensively. Fisher is hard-headed, and he gets "rabbit-eared"
when folks question some of his 4-5 star recruits. ala...James Wilder. I wouldn't
care if the kid is a 7-star recruit, if he doesn't fit into what you are doing, he's worthless
to you.

Now, understand when I make those comments it is in regard to teams that have a pulse.
I know the kid will do ok vs Syracuse, or Wake Forest, people like that. But not against
elite teams. If we've lost Francois, and we probably have, we are going to need to rely
on a strong running game. Our best option at QB will be a true frosh. He needs to get
Akers 20 touches vs ULM, because we'll need that kid vs Miami, the following week.

I don't think it would have mattered who you had at RB. You need a ton of misdirection and the ability to make the defense guess a lot to be successful on the ground against Alabama long term. It's our strong suit. LSU still hasn't figured this out.

But yes, the only chance you had was to get a running game going.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to answer the topic, I'm thinking I'll have them ranked somewhere around #5.

The truth is, they were better than the score showed. It was turnovers and special teams that killed them. If I had to choose between playing Washington and FSU again, I'd choose Washington without even blinking.

They are a quality team, no doubt about it.
If they had a QB I think they win that game

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if FSU had played Indiana, we'd be talking about how good FSU and their QB was.
Maybe, but what does that have to do with Francois looking like Malik Zaire out there? Those receivers are too good to be wasted by his indecision and poor throws
And no one is under the delusion that Barrett has regained his freshman form or that'll the Bucks will have a good passing attack. They looked mediocre against Indiana.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is one of those meme athletic QB's who looks good on highlight reels but will never be a great thrower, reader, playcaller. Like Braxton Miller.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but what does that have to do with Francois looking like Malik Zaire out there? Those receivers are too good to be wasted by his indecision and poor throws
And no one is under the delusion that Barrett has regained his freshman form or that'll the Bucks will have a good passing attack. They looked mediocre against Indiana.

What does the quality of the opponent have to do with judging how well a team plays?

Are you fucking with me?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just outside the top 5 IMO. I would say 7 or 8

USC didn't look great. Clemson, PSU, and OU all looked good but they played teams they should dominate. Washington who is 8 didn't look good against a very bad Rutgers team. So yeah I'll say they should be ranked 6th or 7th. I would not jump Washington ahead of them

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the quality of the opponent have to do with judging how well a team plays?

Are you fucking with me?

I think if FSU had played Indiana, we'd be talking about how good FSU and their QB was.

This has nothing to do with my point. FSU looked dangerous on offense but could never finish it out. I think that had to do with playcalling and the QB.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edge of top 10. Probably 8. Their QB is just bad. I predicted them to lose 3 games this year and I stick by it.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should be the highest ranked 1-loss team.
Definitely above Texas.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has nothing to do with my point. FSU looked dangerous on offense but could never finish it out. I think that had to do with playcalling and the QB.

But not the fact they ran for 1.5 yards per carry? Their best RB was the true freshman, he was good for 3 yard per carry.

:scratch:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He is one of those meme athletic QB's who looks good on highlight reels but will never be a great thrower, reader, playcaller. Like Braxton Miller.

All true.
I can understand why Alabama fans have issues with it, but it's true for anyone who watched or watched Francios last year.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But not the fact they ran for 1.5 yards per carry? Their best RB was the true freshman, he was good for 3 yard per carry.

:scratch:

It was a great strategy on Alabama's part.
If I was Saban and knew that Francios wasn't going to beat me thru the air, I'd load up and stop the run too.

Not sure what the point is except FSU has terrible QB play against good competition.
Nothing more than that.

Nice win to start the season

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they should drop. I'm sure they will, but my opinion is you should be rewarded for playing a good team to open the season, not penalized.