• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Andy Reid And Jeff Fisher Were Once Compared And How Both Finally Ended Up

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiefs had 3 or 4 really bad defensive calls against the Patriots IIRC. Smith lined up 1 on 1 against Gronk on the outside in a goalline set is inexcusable. Broncos having Von Miller really was the biggest factor in the whole playoffs, though. You remove him from the field on the Broncos end and small cracks would start to appear. Chiefs had quite a few cracks against the Pats but just as many issues on offense as defense. Chiefs had an B+ offense, A- defense and A- special teams and a lot of the other teams in the playoffs had A or A+ defenses.

Yes obviously Von Miller was huge for us in the playoffs. What I am talking about here though is understanding what the Patriots like to do and working to take away some of the comforts that Brady enjoys. Such as for the Broncos they had times they only rushed 3 so they could drop 8 into zone coverage. Even Von Miller dropped into coverage frustrating Brady. The Chiefs continued with their man coverage ways and against a team that loves to send 5 guys out and rely more on quickness than anything to get open it really is just those small cuts as they move the ball down the field so easily.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs standard has been to get to the playoffs then choke. Reid got us a shutout playoff win on the road. A big step in the right direction.

I'm satisfied so far. lets see what happens this season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes obviously Von Miller was huge for us in the playoffs. What I am talking about here though is understanding what the Patriots like to do and working to take away some of the comforts that Brady enjoys. Such as for the Broncos they had times they only rushed 3 so they could drop 8 into zone coverage. Even Von Miller dropped into coverage frustrating Brady. The Chiefs continued with their man coverage ways and against a team that loves to send 5 guys out and rely more on quickness than anything to get open it really is just those small cuts as they move the ball down the field so easily.
I think thats fair criticism. I'm also not convinced that KC had an elite pass defense last year and certainly not in previous years. Smith was decent but not lockdown. Peters was a playmaker but a rookie. Houston wasn't reliable. Gaines didn't play. Poe actually had a lackluster year.