• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hotseat, who's on it still after 1 month?

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley for sure,

I don't buy Orgeron yet, his buyout is huge, Butchs' is high too but Peyton might make a few more Nationwide commercials and take care of that one...

I think Orgeron is safe this year.
I still have no clue why LSU would put a 12 million dollar buyout on Orgeron. It was his dream job and there was absolutely nobody of any significance looking at him as their new coach besides LSU. No problem with placing a buyout on him to make it feel official, but 12 Million is just insane.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck finding someone better for a shit program with absolutely 0 talent on the roster. You can't expect a coach to turn around one of the worst FBS programs in just a year. Using NFL records isn't exactly a strong indicator since some coaches thrive in college vs pro. He at least is a name that might be able to draw some talent and has taken an NFL team to the super bowl working for him to try and recruit.

Please name one time a coach has taken a shitty program that hasn't had a winning record in 4 years and turned them around year one.

To name one...Urban Meyer at Bowling Green. He took over a MAC team that hadn't had a winning season
in 6 years and went 8-3 his first year, which included beating Missouri in his opener 20-13.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They regularly fire coaches at Neb that win 9 games so Riley is dead man walking after the AD was fired.
Neb should of thought out the move to the Big10 more considering the competition they face in that conf and how much cfb has changed since the mid 90s. The time period their fanbase seems perpetually stuck in.
No regrets about moving to the B1G.... has nothing to do with our coaching changes, more to do with the coaches themselves..... look at the coaching changes in the Big12 era (post Big8)

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have no clue why LSU would put a 12 million dollar buyout on Orgeron. It was his dream job and there was absolutely nobody of any significance looking at him as their new coach besides LSU. No problem with placing a buyout on him to make it feel official, but 12 Million is just insane.
He pissed in the Kool-Aid and clearly LSU had a piss fetish

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So aparently they are pushing a new variety (not new company) beer here locally. got jumped by a guy representing Hamm's beer he talked me into purchasing...... not sure what i think of it yet after 2 beers...

@Moab
@kburjr

Do you guys drink the stuff? says it is made in Milwaukee

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butch may be feeling the heat, but Tenn is ranked 6th on 24/7 recruiting for next year. They got a 5* and 9 4*'s. They're in an unfortunate position with a guy who can recruit better than coach.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And seriously, hiring Orgeron was dubious enough, but giving him that type of contract, come on.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To name one...Urban Meyer at Bowling Green. He took over a MAC team that hadn't had a winning season
in 6 years and went 8-3 his first year, which included beating Missouri in his opener 20-13.
I wouldn't bet money that Illinois is going to luck into finding one of the top 3 head coaches of the next 20 years. They are more likely going to find themselves a John L Smith than an Urban Meyer.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So aparently they are pushing a new variety (not new company) beer here locally. got jumped by a guy representing Hamm's beer he talked me into purchasing...... not sure what i think of it yet after 2 beers...

@Moab
@kburjr

Better go buy some depends now because you're gonna be shitting your pants come morning.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better go buy some depends now because you're gonna be shitting your pants come morning.
Hmmmm is it that bad??? it doesnt taste bad, but i drink any/all beer and types of beer...

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm is it that bad??? it doesnt taste bad, but i drink any/all beer and types of beer...
It's a tad lower on the quality scale than Milwaukee's Best.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tad lower on the quality scale than Milwaukee's Best.
Wow talk about a beer i havent had in a long while....

my fav beer from wisconsin is
WRPAPour_2.png

but i can never find the damn shit in stores anymore, it is always seasonal and flavored crap!!!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever happens with the other coaches, don't come for Fuente. Granted, I'm spoiled without having to deal with multiple transitions over the last few decades, but believe our AD made a great hire in replacing Beamer with Fuente. While I'm sure his agent has previously and will continue to receive inquires, I have a feeling from what he's said that he'll be around for at least a few more years to see what he can do at VT. It wouldn't surprise me if Fuente has VT in the playoffs in the next few years which will essentially give him an effective "cold seat" at VT for a while.

He's not going anywhere, for a variety of reasons.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the thinking from the AD was install the HUGE buyout to keep the money folks quiet for awhile because he knew that this build was gonna take awhile :noidea:.

Its not like LSU had a great offense going for it even in some of Les Miles good years and Les being rumored gone for a couple years in a row prob didn't help matters.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Her has no business coaching college ball. He wasn't that great in the NFL...92-90.

For the Illni...it's a simple choice of "pay me now or pay me later."

He's not the answer.
Shoulda rode it out with Cubit.

Which Western shoulda done too. Dude fell up after getting fired in tMAC.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@Moab
@kburjr

What brand? I'm mostly ales though. Some Shiner's, Leinie's, Sierra Nevada etc