• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about any reviews......lazy as fuck lately.

I was supposed to get jiggy with my AFC West reviews tbis weekend. Suffice to say.....I haven't.
I watched the Chiller channel a lot over the weekend... Watched a lot of good movies that I have seen many times before, but I still loved it! You're Next, The Thaw, Aftershock, The Unborn, Dark Was the Night, etc.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other news......there's quite a "turf war" going on here on tHoop......may be good for a meltdown or 2.
Who and where? I wasn't around at all this last week.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Tigers to beat the Indians, Angels to beat the A's, and the Reds to beat the Padres

I'll set it up.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found out yesterday

Again, sorry to hear that. What's the economic outlook in your area look like in your employment field? High unemployment or low unemployment?

Hopefully, you find something quickly.....I know you have a little one and a wife to bring home the bacon to.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's becoming a monthly thing it seems like...

Yeah, I float between both groups because there are people in both groups I enjoy talking with but some people are rather obsessed with it. Try to avoid any unnecessary drama after my time on Fan Nation.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I float between both groups because there are people in both groups I enjoy talking with but some people are rather obsessed with it. Try to avoid any unnecessary drama after my time on Fan Nation.
I do the same thing.

Reactions: DJ

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Other Side of the Door (2016)

This movie presented an intriguing & original plot. The setting in India, and the presence of Hindu culture & folklore added a mysterious element that played out nicely. I loved the cgi & fx. Most of the creepy characters were in full makeup, and give off the appearance of cgi. That's pretty amazing and a huge credit to the makeup artists. Good filming, score & cinematography. While I wasn't blown away by the acting, it was at least decent and believable. I didn't care for the mother, Sarah Wayne Callies. Never did in the Walking Dead either. She tends to overplay her part and it annoys me. Luckily she didn't ruin the movie though lol. I wished they used Jeremy Sisto a little more. His character ended up being an afterthought to the movie. Also the movie was riddled with cliches, mainly the result of character stupidity. As a result I have to say the writers could have done a better job. Although this isn't the must-see horror film of the year, it's a solid watch with a very clever ending. I'd recommend it.

Enjoyable... 6.5/10

Just watched it. I actually liked a bit better than you did. The fxs were really good. The story was solid. The direction was done properly.

I actually would bump it up to a 7.5 out of 10 in my opinion. I didn't recognize the lead from the Walking Dead. If I had at the time I might have rated it down as she was such a bitch in that show.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watch the Badlands of Kain. Roadtrip movie with a Twilight Zone feel.

Two girls embark on a roadtrip and end up stranded in the smaill town of Kain when their car breaks down. As is typical for these movies, the people are weird and not too friendly. The girls party a bit. One flirts with a local. They go to a church. They try to leave in their "repaired" car only to have it break down again. They get in a fight. Get seperated. Strange things happen. Creepy music. The end.

I had high hopes for this movie based on the 7.2 rating on IMDB when I looked it up a few days ago, but I see in just a short timeperiod it has dropped to 5.9 and I expect it to go a bit lower and then level off. It is not a horrible move but it just continues to fall short in many areas.

Positives:
*Storyline is actually really good (but not followed through properly).

Negatives:
*Acting is not particulary good. The friend is decent but the lead and the main "bad guy" are pretty lame.
*Direction is wasted. The story could have been told sooooooooo much better. Add more tension, gore, action, SOMETHING please!¨
*Very slow and not really scary.

I will rate it in the 4.5 to 5 out of 10 range. Certainly not top of the list.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched it. I actually liked a bit better than you did. The fxs were really good. The story was solid. The direction was done properly.

I actually would bump it up to a 7.5 out of 10 in my opinion. I didn't recognize the lead from the Walking Dead. If I had at the time I might have rated it down as she was such a bitch in that show.
Honestly she was the main hindrance to the entire film for me. I can get past the usual clichés, but she amplified them to the next level and made it all annoy me. If they would have casted a different actress then I would definitely agree with a 7.5 or even an 8!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have asked this but I forget shit.....you came from CBS? I heard shit could get hairy and wild over there from people who came to FN from there.
Nah I came from the troll-filled ESPN forums.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just watch the Badlands of Kain. Roadtrip movie with a Twilight Zone feel.

Two girls embark on a roadtrip and end up stranded in the smaill town of Kain when their car breaks down. As is typical for these movies, the people are weird and not too friendly. The girls party a bit. One flirts with a local. They go to a church. They try to leave in their "repaired" car only to have it break down again. They get in a fight. Get seperated. Strange things happen. Creepy music. The end.

I had high hopes for this movie based on the 7.2 rating on IMDB when I looked it up a few days ago, but I see in just a short timeperiod it has dropped to 5.9 and I expect it to go a bit lower and then level off. It is not a horrible move but it just continues to fall short in many areas.

Positives:
*Storyline is actually really good (but not followed through properly).

Negatives:
*Acting is not particulary good. The friend is decent but the lead and the main "bad guy" are pretty lame.
*Direction is wasted. The story could have been told sooooooooo much better. Add more tension, gore, action, SOMETHING please!¨
*Very slow and not really scary.

I will rate it in the 4.5 to 5 out of 10 range. Certainly not top of the list.
Good review jakedog! :suds:

Bummed this movie didn't turn out well. But glad you reviewed it so I can steer clear! lol

I get duped by premature IMDB ratings all the time. Comes with the territory of being horror junkies. I comb the web for new material all the time and I often come across new horror films boasting >7 ratings, but with only a handful of reviewers. I would have given this movie a go as well because the trailer seems to support the 7.2 rating. All new movies have to pass the ratings & eye tests!