• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.... but it does pick up. I think they just tried to hard in the beginning, to build tension is all. IMO. I almost didn't stick with it... but glad I did.
Good to know! Thanks for the rec! :suds:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my wife showed me this trailer some time ago but we never got around to watching it. IIRC we couldn't find it anywhere. Obviously forgot all about it until now! lol

Looks like decent entertainment! Thanks for posting it! :suds:

Reactions: DJ

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my wife showed me this trailer some time ago but we never got around to watching it. IIRC we couldn't find it anywhere. Obviously forgot all about it until now! lol

Looks like decent entertainment! Thanks for posting it! :suds:

It was decent, nothing special. A girl running around looking like Harley Quinn was a good thing about it. lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Conjuring 2 was outstanding. A little more over the top than the first but you can get past that. Long movie, about 2 1/2 hours but never seemed to drag. It gets kind of religiony at moments so that may bug some people but they investigate on behalf of the church so it's to be expected. Highly recommended.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,731.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We thought things had gotten bad?

Attack of the Killer Donuts? I shit you not.

I couldn't find a trailer on youtube.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the Conjuring 2 last night... Gotta agree with everyone else that it was outstanding! I'll write a full review tomorrow.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Conjuring 2 (2016)

Phenomenal, outstanding, epic, etc. James Wan can easily throw his hat into the ring for the current "King of Horror". He has been perceived as such for quite a while, but he's really starting to cement himself into the position as undisputed. IMO nobody does it better. His cinematography may not be as outlandish as Del Torro's works, but the way Wan can maximize his films with the subtle & simplistic approach sets him apart. The tension & suspense of this movie was stellar. The way he builds tension is awesome. My wife just about jumped out of her skin multiple times throughout the movie. Outstanding performances all around but I have to give a shout-out to Vera Farmiga in particular. Talk about an actress that can say a thousand words with only her eyes. She has incredible range. I've always been a fan of hers. As nasty_magician already pointed out, some may squawk at the underlying religious theme or the length of the movie. But definitely not me. I didn't realize how long the movie was until I got to my car after the movie and looked at the clock. Most of the time that length of a movie would make itself apparent during the viewing, and most are exhausting. But not this movie. Not even close. This movie had me on the edge of my seat throughout the entire film. The climax may have been a little bit carbon copied and predictable, but the plot twists he threw in prior & during made it unnoticeable. One of my only gripes with the movie has to be the frequent use of jump scares. But the nice thing was that Wan diluted those with anti-jump scares where he would lead you to believe one was coming only to have nothing happen and proceed onto the next scene. That sort of unpredictability made it all the more enjoyable. Not to mention the entire tone & atmosphere of the movie was frightening enough so he really didn't need them! There were multiple tense moments that were more scary than any of the jump scares. Overall I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone. If you are a fan of horror then you owe it to yourself to go see this movie. Worth every penny.

Instant classic! 10/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Southbound (2015)

Thanks @jakedog56 for the rec!

This was a very unique film. The multiple variations yet interlocking tales provide something for almost every horror taste. From a ghost story to evil religion worshipers, from gory horror to home invasion thriller... it frequently jumps about in a way that could have proved confusing and offsetting but, instead, seems to act more as a museum tour on all the things horror that make us check under our beds and fear the shadows. This movie is well acted, directed, written, scored and filmed. Seeing as how each story is around 17-20 minutes on average, it's quite challenging to rate the film as a whole. The screen writing is by far the best feature, as the stories leave you confused, wondering, desperate and lost. Some fine shooting and cinematography as well. All in all, Southbound would appeal to fans of more "artistic" Horror films. It's unusual and quite unique, leaving the audience with an uneasy sense of bewilderment. While not my preferred sub-genre, I was very impressed with it and enjoyed it to the last second.

Old school horror meets modern day sensibility... 7/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Other Side of the Door (2016)

This movie presented an intriguing & original plot. The setting in India, and the presence of Hindu culture & folklore added a mysterious element that played out nicely. I loved the cgi & fx. Most of the creepy characters were in full makeup, and give off the appearance of cgi. That's pretty amazing and a huge credit to the makeup artists. Good filming, score & cinematography. While I wasn't blown away by the acting, it was at least decent and believable. I didn't care for the mother, Sarah Wayne Callies. Never did in the Walking Dead either. She tends to overplay her part and it annoys me. Luckily she didn't ruin the movie though lol. I wished they used Jeremy Sisto a little more. His character ended up being an afterthought to the movie. Also the movie was riddled with cliches, mainly the result of character stupidity. As a result I have to say the writers could have done a better job. Although this isn't the must-see horror film of the year, it's a solid watch with a very clever ending. I'd recommend it.

Enjoyable... 6.5/10

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Purge 3 (Election Year) trailer...

Looks like we are in for another wild ride!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming Soon!

The Shallows (2016)

Release Date: Friday, June 24th

Synopsis:
A mere 200 yards from shore, surfer Nancy is attacked by a great white shark, with her short journey to safety becoming the ultimate contest of wills.

Have to admit this looks pretty intense. But the glaring problem I have already is how in the hell did she manage to only get a basketball-sized bite on her thigh when the shark they show is about the size of 1-ton truck? Not to mention how did she manage to get away from it while the others were merely single-bite appetizers? Hard to get past that, but I could see myself enjoying this movie. Not a huge fan of Blake Lively, but her part doesn't appear to require much acting ability. Suspense will be carried out by the situation & the shark, so she is essentially along for the ride. Could be entertaining! :noidea:

Apologies for using a trailer that features a pic of Blake's ass for clickbait! lol. I highly doubt anyone in here will mind. Lookin at you @Chef99 & @Win TWINS!!!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kristy (2014)

This film is a tense survival thriller with an unoriginal and somewhat predictable story. But it was solid entertainment! The acting was spot on and it had a good atmospheric score that didn't try to make up for a lack of suspense as you find in so many other scary movies. You wont find any gore splatter or high body counts in this movie, which is refreshing for a thriller/horror that remains suspenseful throughout. I can always appreciate the survival element where the lead must outwit their pursuers instead of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. It wasn't scary by any means, nor was there much "shock value", but the movie captivates nonetheless. All in all this was a solid movie!

Slasher fans can appreciate this one... 7/10

Just watched Kristy. Review was spot on. Not really original but well done with some very good moments in it. The ending kill was pretty sweet.

I did have complaint about the utter stupidity of the groundskeeper, but other than that it was a fairly smart movie for a horror flick.