• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifeforce (1985)

Directed by Tobe Hooper. From the guy that brought us the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist, after watching this movie, I can see why he completely fell off the map.

If nothing else, it did have some tits for you degenerates.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually got bored enough during the movie I put this on my laptop

even with the konami code granting me 99 lives, can't say I beat it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth Or Dare (2013)

Essentially just like Would You Rather & the Saw movies, but more of a revenge story. This film comes to us as the directorial debut of Jessica Cameron. First off its worth mentioning that this movie has won numerous awards (upwards in the teens) at multiple indie horror film festivals. An impressive feat for someone new to the game on a limited budget. This movie is a bit of a difficult sell though. It's not mainstream, it doesn't have the high profile actors or fancy production values, but it delivers all the same. Through a mixture of a simple, yet captivating plot and intense shock-value gore, the end result is solid gut-wrenching entertainment. If you weren't a fan of the movies mentioned previously then don't bother as this movie is just as violent & gory. The progression is fast-paced so don't expect a whole lot of character development. Thankfully in most teenaged horror flicks you don't really care one way or the other. It works for this movie because it doesn't want to distract from the gruesome nature of it. The result is a fairly cut & dry revenge story with loads of gore, but still somehow the story makes you care for the victims when we have no business doing so. The acting was great & very believable, which created a very chilling suspense. Ryan Kiser plays an excellent antagonist in this movie. The cinematography & gore fx were excellent. If you made it this far in my review then I definitely recommend you give this movie a try. This is a very cool film, and has things that every horror fan would love.

Twisted & brutal revenge horror... 7.5/10

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Only Movies I was scared of as a Kid was Willy Wonka, though The Thing also kind of scared me, but more Creepped me out. Now scenes scared the crap out of me, like the last scene of the Original Friday the 13th. Also the famous Alien scene.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifeforce (1985)

Directed by Tobe Hooper. From the guy that brought us the Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Poltergeist, after watching this movie, I can see why he completely fell off the map.

tumblr_mh68l3OKvw1rmcnino1_500.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the movie itself, I think I did see it years ago; it was supposed to be Hooper's big intro into elite status, if I recall correctly. I expected some great horror effects and instead got a snoozefest.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth Or Dare (2013)

Essentially just like Would You Rather & the Saw movies, but more of a revenge story. This film comes to us as the directorial debut of Jessica Cameron. First off its worth mentioning that this movie has won numerous awards (upwards in the teens) at multiple indie horror film festivals. An impressive feat for someone new to the game on a limited budget. This movie is a bit of a difficult sell though. It's not mainstream, it doesn't have the high profile actors or fancy production values, but it delivers all the same. Through a mixture of a simple, yet captivating plot and intense shock-value gore, the end result is solid gut-wrenching entertainment. If you weren't a fan of the movies mentioned previously then don't bother as this movie is just as violent & gory. The progression is fast-paced so don't expect a whole lot of character development. Thankfully in most teenaged horror flicks you don't really care one way or the other. It works for this movie because it doesn't want to distract from the gruesome nature of it. The result is a fairly cut & dry revenge story with loads of gore, but still somehow the story makes you care for the victims when we have no business doing so. The acting was great & very believable, which created a very chilling suspense. Ryan Kiser plays an excellent antagonist in this movie. The cinematography & gore fx were excellent. If you made it this far in my review then I definitely recommend you give this movie a try. This is a very cool film, and has things that every horror fan would love.

Twisted & brutal revenge horror... 7.5/10

Oh, I am in! Netflix, by any chance?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinical (2017)

On Netflix! The first half of this psychological thriller seemed promising enough by giving us a suspenseful mystery that unlocks as we progress through the story. But sadly the ending completely destroys any sense of impressive writing by its authors. Not only is the supposed twist easily predictable, but there is almost no logic to the progression of events in the end. Nor is there any satisfactory explanation or closure which is a major flaw that overshadows all others. This is one of those films that desperately needs closure, because without it nothing makes sense and makes the entire story appear chalked full of holes. The only way to make this story complete is if you can creatively justify it with multiple assumptions. It's a very script-heavy film, so I could have missed a few points that might have made the whole story make sense. The technicals are good... good cinematography, score, acting, progression & suspense. Overall its a story that has a beginning & middle but no real ending which leaves you confused, and in my case irritated. Wouldn't recommend it.

The ending ruins the ride... 6/10

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching The Descent right now.....trying not to think about my reality at the moment.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predator 4 is coming. I just became a huge fan of Shane Black. I couldn't agree more with his tweet.

PG-13 "horror" movies are destroying a beloved genre.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lifeforce (1985)

I liked Lifeforce. The tits were the highlight (that chick was rockin'em!) but the chaos of the movie was appealing to me.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife was out of town for a couple of days so I actually got to watch a few horror movies. I'll start with the worst of the 3:

Antibirth

Basically the lesbian chick from the American Pie series needed the work, so she took this role as a stoned out waste who suddenly becomes preggo despite not remembering having sex for quite a while. It turns into something more devious than just drunk date r*pe though as it involves the military and aliens. (Yes, it is a spoiler but the movie pretty much sucks, so who cares?)

Just watching this movie made me feel literally queasy as it felt like a white trash hangover. Don't bother.

3.5 out of 10

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Monster (2016)

As I stated to RJ already, this movie had great potential but didn't materialize well enough. There was nothing really creative or ground-breaking with this movie. The horror & creature aspects were very generic. But the creature was very well done. The makeup/cgi department made a very freaky looking antagonist. Acting was solid. It has some decent jump scares and a nice dark setting. The tension builds pretty nicely as they keep the creature out of site for most of the movie which adds to the suspense because you aren't quite sure wtf the monster is. But once the ambulance arrives the movie unravels. The writing just goes straight downhill from there. I'm sure we could find some warranted reasoning for the character's decision making, but it really made the movie forgettable for me. And the climax was just downright silly. It was a disappointment, but overall its not half bad. If you're desperate for new material then its a worthwhile watch, but don't expect to be blown away.

Great potential but falls off a cliff... 6/10

This is one I just watched. Have to fully agree with FaCe-LeE-uS ' review. Decent movie. Cool creature. Solid acting. Forgettable story with little depth. 6 of 10 seems about right.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, people.....my mom passed away this morning at 10:25am. Please pray for me and my family.....this is the tough part....how we deal with it.

Posting this in a few places since we don't all travel in the same circles here on tHoop.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pet (2016)

Wow, this one took me by surprise. This movie disguises itself as a typical cookie cutter abduction/stalker horror flick but it is so much more. The acting from the 2 main actors, Dominic Monoghan (yes he was one of the LOTR Hobbits lol) and Ksenia Solo, was phenomenal. Both leads have great range. The story itself is fantastic as it grows from something seemingly simple to something extraordinarily complex. Without giving away too much I will only say that it is one of those script-flipping situations. Quite the psychological thrill ride with an ending that is quite disturbing. Cinematography, suspense & gore were top notch. I need to go back and rewatch some of this director's (Carles Torrens) work as I know I have seen Apartment 143 but I do not recall anything about it. Recommending this one!

Underrated gem... 8/10

Crap! I can't beat FaCe-LeE-uS to the punch!

Again, spot on review. Great psychological horror. Excellent acting and direction with a brilliant script. After the story started rolling, I thought that I knew the obligatory plot twist but instead it threw that out the window and literally shocked me (which is really hard to do).

Highly recommended! I think 8 of 10 might even be a bit light. Maybe 8.5?!?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, people.....my mom passed away this morning at 10:25am. Please pray for me and my family.....this is the tough part....how we deal with it.

Posting this in a few places since we don't all travel in the same circles here on tHoop.
Really sorry to hear that DJ... Prayers & condolences my friend, to you & yours. Nothing can prepare you for a loss like this; it comes like a swift wind. Had cancer take a few from my family over the last couple years. I know it feels impossible to bear, but take comfort in knowing that she is now at peace and no longer in pain.

Times like these you need to keep your friends & family close. The key is to talk about her, however painful it is. But focus on the good times! It'll help you come to terms with a loss of this magnitude. Don't be afraid to reach out.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap! I can't beat FaCe-LeE-uS to the punch!

Again, spot on review. Great psychological horror. Excellent acting and direction with a brilliant script. After the story started rolling, I thought that I knew the obligatory plot twist but instead it threw that out the window and literally shocked me (which is really hard to do).

Highly recommended! I think 8 of 10 might even be a bit light. Maybe 8.5?!?
I could even be on board with a 9! Damn good movie.

I have a hard time rating movies higher than an 8. Makes me feel at risk of losing credibility or somethin lol. I know I've rated some movies around an 8 before and had people remark on how they hated the movie.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wife was out of town for a couple of days so I actually got to watch a few horror movies. I'll start with the worst of the 3:

Antibirth

Basically the lesbian chick from the American Pie series needed the work, so she took this role as a stoned out waste who suddenly becomes preggo despite not remembering having sex for quite a while. It turns into something more devious than just drunk date r*pe though as it involves the military and aliens. (Yes, it is a spoiler but the movie pretty much sucks, so who cares?)

Just watching this movie made me feel literally queasy as it felt like a white trash hangover. Don't bother.

3.5 out of 10
Can't remember where I came across this movie, but it was nothing more than a passing glance at the picture. Maybe it was down one of my youtube rabbit holes. But I couldn't get past how silly the picture & synopsis were so I didn't bother.