• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the 2010 version of Nightmare on Elm Street.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Alien:Covenant again, and I just don't see how it's viewed as a terrible movie. There are some absolutely great scare scenes, imo.

This may be construed as a repeat of the scene with Ripley and Newt in Aliens, but damn, it was done well.

ot8bpaj3okzqwssegdj4.gif

zFDPate.gif

aliencovenantvazamento.gif

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Alien:Covenant again, and I just don't see how it's viewed as a terrible movie. There are some absolutely great scare scenes, imo.

This may be construed as a repeat of the scene with Ripley and Newt in Aliens, but damn, it was done well.

ot8bpaj3okzqwssegdj4.gif

zFDPate.gif

aliencovenantvazamento.gif

The movie admitably has some serious flaws but there are some great scenes and the Xenomorphs (or other related -morphs) are friggin completely awesome! Some of of the acting isn't perfect but Fassbender is great!

The hate is a bit much. It is part of this same mind-set I often speak of with sequels and singular movie universes: Yes, compared to Alien and Aliens, Covenant isn't upper echelon but if it had been a stand alone move instead of part of a historic franchise it would have been much better received and the backlash would have been minimal by comparison.

I for one am looking forward to the next chapter when the robot unleashes his twisted -morph children onto the colony. More blood and guts are going to fly through the slime!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The movie admitably has some serious flaws but there are some great scenes and the Xenomorphs (or other related -morphs) are friggin completely awesome! Some of of the acting isn't perfect but Fassbender is great!

The hate is a bit much. It is part of this same mind-set I often speak of with sequels and singular movie universes: Yes, compared to Alien and Aliens, Covenant isn't upper echelon but if it had been a stand alone move instead of part of a historic franchise it would have been much better received and the backlash would have been minimal by comparison.

I for one am looking forward to the next chapter when the robot unleashes his twisted -morph children onto the colony. More blood and guts are going to fly through the slime!
This is the problem with remakes/sequels/etc. When your predecessors are cult classics it almost always results in bad public reception. Its just too steep a hill to climb for many.

But I applaud those that are willing to take the risk. Too often it feels like we are left without sequels & resolutions to classic horror films. I'm not the biggest fan of complete remakes, because the principal idea is to revamp a film that was already considered flawless. Kind of a stupid idea in theory, but there has been some good results recently. Poltergeist & IT to name a few. I like to think of it as more of a tribute, simply to avoid a negative mindset when watching them.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incident In A Ghostland (2018)

This movie caught my eye when I saw it was directed by Pascal Laugier (Martyrs), but I was disappointed with it. I found too many flaws and most of the shock value was meaningless & felt artificial as a result. Its not the warped nature of it (even though it was a little over the top), but rather the sequence of events coupled with character stupidity that felt too forced. The plotline is a bit of a mess which was a repercussion from the intentional withholding of info & shifts in the timeline to keep it from being too predictable. But in all honesty it felt like much ado over nothing. The main twists were noteworthy, but the suspense was lackluster. There were a half-dozen jump scares that didn't land very well, if at all.

Overall this film had some decent horror elements that made it an entertaining story if you turn off your brain & roll with it, but the overall experience was fairly forgettable. In typical Laugier fashion it dared to be different, which I can applaud. The psychological elements intrigued me. The line between reality & imagination was very thin. Still can't help but feel like this movie was a tad underdeveloped. The cast delivers solid performances and all the make-up effects were good.

6/10

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incident In A Ghostland (2018)

This movie caught my eye when I saw it was directed by Pascal Laugier (Martyrs), but I was disappointed with it. I found too many flaws and most of the shock value was meaningless & felt artificial as a result. Its not the warped nature of it (even though it was a little over the top), but rather the sequence of events coupled with character stupidity that felt too forced. The plotline is a bit of a mess which was a repercussion from the intentional withholding of info & shifts in the timeline to keep it from being too predictable. But in all honesty it felt like much ado over nothing. The main twists were noteworthy, but the suspense was lackluster. There were a half-dozen jump scares that didn't land very well, if at all.

Overall this film had some decent horror elements that made it an entertaining story if you turn off your brain & roll with it, but the overall experience was fairly forgettable. In typical Laugier fashion it dared to be different, which I can applaud. The psychological elements intrigued me. The line between reality & imagination was very thin. Still can't help but feel like this movie was a tad underdeveloped. The cast delivers solid performances and all the make-up effects were good.

6/10
The trailer has me intrigued.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set a reminder for World War Z at 11am PST....I'll fimally see it.....

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Set a reminder for World War Z at 11am PST....I'll fimally see it.....
Really getting tired of the production holdups with WWZ2. We probably won't see it until 2020.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is creeping ever so closer.....

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWZ is visually fun but a severely flawed movie.

The book is so look much better. Try reading that sometime.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Didn't know there was a 2nd one coming...
It has been talked about ever since the original's release. The cast is under contract but filming has not yet begun. At one point we were promised a release in '17. Obviously that came & went with no news. Brad Pitt signed a deal to star in one of Tarantino's next films so I doubt any filming for WWZ2 will begin this year.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWZ is visually fun but a severely flawed movie.

The book is so look much better. Try reading that sometime.
Heard this before and still haven't gotten around to reading it. Need to get on it!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,381.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.....Nightmare on Elm St 2010 version was solid IMO. If you haven't seen it.....I recommend it.

#Notareviewertype