• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Horror Movies

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooo I like this...
  • Alien (1979)
  • Aliens (1986)
  • Prometheus (2012)
  • Alien 3 (1992)
  • Alien: Covenant (2017)
Clear gap here lol
  • Alien: Resurrection (1997)
  • AVP (2004)
  • AVP: Requiem (2009)
I wouldn't have thought to include AVP, but I think I might put that 3rd after Alien and Aliens.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that, but I'd venture more of the current generation has seen that over the evil dead series (though the tv series may have helped get more eyes on evil dead). Also, if we're doing hot takes, Army of Darkness is the worst of the three movies.

I get ya, but how any self respecting horror movie fan has not seen the original Evil Dead 2 is beyond me. :what::what::what:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep... had to give the edge to the one that started it all! Without it, the 2nd wouldn’t happen.

Funny thing with me, it's the same with the first two Terminator movies.

And that guy Cameron is involved with both situations! :pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have thought to include AVP, but I think I might put that 3rd after Alien and Aliens.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get ya, but how any self respecting horror movie fan has not seen the original Evil Dead 2 is beyond me. :what::what::what:
actually has the best rating out of the 3 on IMDB.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after the first two, they're a bit fuzzy for me. hated the space penal colony one, can't recall ryder one. didn't care for the new two they did. but AVP was some SYFY movie of the week type stuff but with a budget, I like the movie of the week shit, with a budget, it wasn't too bad.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually has the best rating out of the 3 on IMDB.

Deservedly so; funny thing was that it was actually kinda sorta a remake of the first one, only much improved. Then it morphed into Army of Darkness, which holds a spot in my heart mainly because it tell the rest of the tale. Kinda sorta. ;)

On another note, anyone ever seen that ED2 remake?

I watched it once. Don't remember a damn thing about it; what I do remember is wondering why I was wasting my time...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. IMO both AVPs were garbage in comparison to the rest.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To each their own. IMO both AVPs were garbage in comparison to the rest.
i get it, they were certainly a different take, i think the one might have actually been a syfy movie of the week. that being said, i originally only watched the first two. i eventually bought a blu-ray set with with ^3 and resurrection. Neither did a thing for me and already sullied the franchise going forward. So, I have no complaints about the way they took it. You could think of it as my Freddie vs. Jason.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deservedly so; funny thing was that it was actually kinda sorta a remake of the first one, only much improved. Then it morphed into Army of Darkness, which holds a spot in my heart mainly because it tell the rest of the tale. Kinda sorta. ;)

On another note, anyone ever seen that ED2 remake?

I watched it once. Don't remember a damn thing about it; what I do remember is wondering why I was wasting my time...
By the ED2 remake, I take it you mean the reboot in general?

I get what they were going for. It wasn't any worse than either of the Nightmare or Friday reboots.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howl 2015

Not the best werewolf movie, but it's not bad by any stretch. A metro train breaks down in Britain in the middle of a forest and the plot ensues. It's pretty good in the fact that you don't see the werewolves much until the end. The CGI/effects are OKAY, nothing to write home about and I think the first half is MUCH better than the 2nd... but still an overall decent flick.

I liked the film didn't try to be something other than what it promoted. No stupid Twilight bullshit, or dumb 'meaning to all of this'. Just... a werewolf film about people stuck in a train in the middle of the forest at night. I also liked that the werewolves weren't these superhuman God tier beasts. Dangerous of course, deadly yes, but they weren't ripping open half the train to do their thing. Definitely acted like a blend of man/wolf. Trying to be calculated, but also vicious.

I'd probably give it a 5/10. Again the first half I thought was much better and generally got me on the edge of my seat.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alien:Covenant….…….

absolutely,positively 100% horrible...……..Not worth watching at all...…….

Yah that movie was not good at all, namely the beginning and ending.

That said, I thought the scenes with Fassbender were great. The idea that a droid wanted to create things and was experimenting with creating life. The way the film went about it and also his interaction with a later model of himself that didn't have that feature (ability to create) was really interesting.

But then I'm sure Hollywood was like, "But we need a xenomorph in there... so just.. uhh, yeah add a xenomorph and some of those facehugger things and will slap Alien in the title and call it a day." Ending was such a snoozefest (so cliche/predictable) and so was the beginning.

I feel like the Alien franchise is just tapped out. 1 was great, 2 was great, 3 was a HORRIBLY depressing film and had a weird Alien design, but it concluded the series perfectly IMO... most people just hate depressing films - I don't. Resurrection... okay while bad it TRIED to do something different? I guess I can applaud that? Everything after that IMO has been... not TERRIBLE but... BORING? Exhausting? I just don't care to see anymore of the Alien/Predator universe. They were interesting stand alone films. I don't need to know about the ORIGIN or WHERE THEY'RE FROM! Who the fuck cares? The point of those films (along with other greats like The Thing) that made them so interesting was "Where is it from and what does it want?" Not "Here's what it is and where it's from or history on them." Ugh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaws meets Deep Blue Sea.... on steroids?

Reactions: DJ

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON:

Replicas (2018)

Rated PG-13

Release Date: August 24th

Synopsis: A scientist becomes obsessed with bringing back his family members who died in a traffic accident.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON:

The Little Stranger (2018)
Rated R

Release Date: August 31st

Synopsis: THE LITTLE STRANGER tells the story of Dr. Faraday, the son of a housemaid, who has built a life of quiet respectability as a country doctor. During the long hot summer of 1948, he is called to a patient at Hundreds Hall, where his mother once worked. The Hall has been home to the Ayres family for more than two centuries. But it is now in decline and its inhabitants - mother, son and daughter - are haunted by something more ominous than a dying way of life. When he takes on his new patient, Faraday has no idea how closely, and how disturbingly, the family's story is about to become entwined with his own.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON:

Blood Fest (2018)
Rated R

Release Date: August 31st

Synopsis: Fans flock to a festival celebrating the most iconic horror movies, only to discover that the charismatic showman behind the event has a diabolical agenda. As festival attendees start dying off, three teenagers - more schooled in horror-film cliches than practical knowledge about neutralizing psycho killers - must band together and battle through various madmen and monstrosities to survive.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COMING SOON:

The Predator (2018)
Rated NYR

Release Date: September 14th

Synopsis: When a young boy accidentally triggers the universe's most lethal hunters' return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody catch the comicon trailer for M Night's sequel to Split?

Glass (2019)