• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hornsby E Collins

pick one

• Eddie Collins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rogers Hornsby

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think this is a good comparison of players because they were totally different... Collins was a speedster while hornsby was a power guy... But Collins also played most of his career before Babe ruth changed the league with the HR ball... It is hard to compare speed guys with power guys who play in the same era, but it might be too hard to compare them in different eras...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont think this is a good comparison of players because they were totally different... Collins was a speedster while hornsby was a power guy... But Collins also played most of his career before Babe ruth changed the league with the HR ball... It is hard to compare speed guys with power guys who play in the same era, but it might be too hard to compare them in different eras...

To me this has always been the question as to who would be the best at 2nd of all time. I had never thought about Collins being more of the dead ball era while Hornsby being more of Ruth's era because their careers overlapped.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I think Collins is underrated, Hornsby wins this without much thought from me.