• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Holland, Rangers travel to Cincinnati for short series 8/23-8/24

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on 105.32 a few minutes ago our 3-5 starters are 4-14 with a ERA of almost NINE over the past 2 months. Think that's what I heard anyway.

I know we aren't hitting at all right now, but we sure do need Holland to save our # 3 spot.

And how important does this make Mr Lucroy now?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard on 105.32 a few minutes ago our 3-5 starters are 4-14 with a ERA of almost NINE over the past 2 months. Think that's what I heard anyway.

I know we aren't hitting at all right now, but we sure do need Holland to save our # 3 spot.

When I saw the talk about run differential I was thinking back to the games where teams were just piling on us when Chi Chi, Nick and Lohse were starting games. I was very pleased with what Holland did last night and Lucroy really knows how to call a game.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is we are in first place. What are they going to do about it? Move us to 3rd place because the teams behind us have a higher run differential? That is Obamonomics, not reality.

We had a worse run differential in mid Sept last year. Guess what? We killed teams in Sept to finish the season with a +7.
Either what will happen last year will happen again or we will fall apart in September in all probability. To me unless it changes radically it doesn't bode well for us in the postseason. Let's hope it does. I hope the reality isn't that we have been playing over our heads and just being lucky enough to win a whole lot of close games. Our record combined with our run differential and the amount of blow out losses is one of the biggest oddities that I have seen in awhile. Something has to give eventually.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lucroy part of that transaction is huge. I am not nearly as sure about the Jeffress part. Ask me about that again when we find out who else we gave up.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either what will happen last year will happen again or we will fall apart in September in all probability. To me unless it changes radically it doesn't bode well for us in the postseason. Let's hope it does. I hope the reality isn't that we have been playing over our heads and just being lucky enough to win a whole lot of close games. Our record combined with our run differential and the amount of blow out losses is one of the biggest oddities that I have seen in awhile. Something has to give eventually.

One thing in our favor is that this team has only one more significant road trip to go. The team has a ton of home games left and they seem to do better there.

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a lot of blow outs in the past. The difference is we dished out just as many or more. That has not happened this year.

In 2012, a season we do not want to remember where the A's beat us for the Div title on the last day of the season this was our run differential: +111

In 2013, another "we want to forget that season" we had a +84 run differential. We did not make the playoffs.

We will have to be in the positive I believe for a playoff run. However, given we were what, +7 last year and were one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs, I would not worry much. This year? It may not be luck as most think. It may be we were able to manufacture victories when most thought we shouldn't have or couldn't.

Sure we crapped away quite a few games too. We should be over 80 wins right now given the blown large leads in some games. But that is baseball and why 162 games are played.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scheppers gave up a hit in a scoreless inning and struck out 2 yesterday. In the same game Lewis Brinson hit a HR against us.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had a lot of blow outs in the past. The difference is we dished out just as many or more. That has not happened this year.

In 2012, a season we do not want to remember where the A's beat us for the Div title on the last day of the season this was our run differential: +111

In 2013, another "we want to forget that season" we had a +84 run differential. We did not make the playoffs.

We will have to be in the positive I believe for a playoff run. However, given we were what, +7 last year and were one of the hottest teams entering the playoffs, I would not worry much. This year? It may not be luck as most think. It may be we were able to manufacture victories when most thought we shouldn't have or couldn't.

Sure we crapped away quite a few games too. We should be over 80 wins right now given the blown large leads in some games. But that is baseball and why 162 games are played.
The lack of favorable blowouts may be showing up already as a tired bullpen. That alone could kill us in the postseason.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby pitches tonight and on a much less important note Chi Chi does also. I am curious to see if Chi Chi's moderate trend of moderate success continues.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be really nice if Lucroy's relation with Yu will enhance him to to resign with the Rangers. Just a thought. What do you think?

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will be really nice if Lucroy's relation with Yu will enhance him to to resign with the Rangers. Just a thought. What do you think?
I think Yu is going to go wherever he can get the most money. But yes I do think Lucroy is a great catcher and will help the Rangers cause in re-signing Yu. But at the end of the day, the money will be the biggest deciding factor.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about hitters being completely kept off balance.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
97 Votto. Hit that.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00