• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Holland, Rangers travel to Cincinnati for short series 8/23-8/24

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgustingly bad series. Moving on. We got to beat this bad team. Anxious to see Derek, and even Gomez, play.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disgustingly bad series. Moving on. We got to beat this bad team. Anxious to see Derek, and even Gomez, play.

Gomez has been a huge disappointment not only to Houston and Jeff Luhnow but also for fantasy owners that drafted the guy fairly early in lots of leagues. Hopefully the new team and change of scenery will impact him enough to get it going.

He has had some injuries this year I think, so who knows? Im afraid this is the type of thing that takes a full offseason to cure, if that even helps. We shall see though, hoping for the best. If not we still have what we've been running out there lately. Maybe Jeff won't be so insistent to run him out there every single day if he doesn't in fact produce fairly early and often. Don't want this pick up to impede our march toward the post season

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez has been a huge disappointment not only to Houston and Jeff Luhnow but also for fantasy owners that drafted the guy fairly early in lots of leagues. Hopefully the new team and change of scenery will impact him enough to get it going.

He has had some injuries this year I think, so who knows? Im afraid this is the type of thing that takes a full offseason to cure, if that even helps. We shall see though, hoping for the best. If not we still have what we've been running out there lately. Maybe Jeff won't be so insistent to run him out there every single day if he doesn't in fact produce fairly early and often. Don't want this pick up to impede our march toward the post season
And who knows what Jeff will do. Saw some weird stuff today i.e. Chirinos vs Lucroy with Martin pitching with the next day off.:crazy:

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to expect he, Moreland and Desmond to really start producing in this contract year of theirs. Time is running out for any big contract they may expect. Course that maybe part of the problem.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is rampant speculation among scouts and executives around the league that Gomez has a bad hip and that has what has curtailed his speed and limited his power. If you'll recall, it was that same bad hip which negated a trade to the Mets. Gomez himself says it's fine, but others have doubts.

I don't care if his hip isn't 100%, as long as he can out-hit Ryan Rua/Drew Stubbs and he doesn't cause problems in the clubhouse. If he can hit .250 with the occasional HR or stolen base and play adequate defense in LF, he's at least as good as those other two, if not better.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is rampant speculation among scouts and executives around the league that Gomez has a bad hip and that has what has curtailed his speed and limited his power. If you'll recall, it was that same bad hip which negated a trade to the Mets. Gomez himself says it's fine, but others have doubts.

I don't care if his hip isn't 100%, as long as he can out-hit Ryan Rua/Drew Stubbs and he doesn't cause problems in the clubhouse. If he can hit .250 with the occasional HR or stolen base and play adequate defense in LF, he's at least as good as those other two, if not better.
Also really limits Profar but he has been really cold lately.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also really limits Profar but he has been really cold lately.

I love Profar but you can't be sentimental in a pennant race. He needs to produce. Youth showing itself

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Profar but you can't be sentimental in a pennant race. He needs to produce. Youth showing itself

I think Profar getting slung all over the diamond hasn't really done him justice. He's getting some AB's, but asking a young kid to play a different position everyday is a lot on top of trying to hit ML pithing. I don't want him rotting on the bench and getting the occasional PH but he needs to have a position to play everyday IMO

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Profar getting slung all over the diamond hasn't really done him justice. He's getting some AB's, but asking a young kid to play a different position everyday is a lot on top of trying to hit ML pithing. I don't want him rotting on the bench and getting the occasional PH but he needs to have a position to play everyday IMO

Yeah perhaps a bit harsh. No doubt if he played and was able to focus on natural MIF position, it would translate better at the plate. Still a learning curve but yes more challenging due to no rhythm established. Mazara has played two comparible positions and only recently being platooned. Got a better shake

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but if Profar has been cold then Gomez has been frozen in 50 feet of ice.

They are viewing Gomez in the same light as Josh Hamilton. Very low risk move with a potential upside. Both Hamilton and Gomez will have probably 95% of their salaries paid by other teams and if the guy gets hot or benefits from the change of scenery, it would be totally worth it. In addition, he's not much worse than the other guys we have been trotting out there recently.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are viewing Gomez in the same light as Josh Hamilton. Very low risk move with a potential upside. Both Hamilton and Gomez will have probably 95% of their salaries paid by other teams and if the guy gets hot or benefits from the change of scenery, it would be totally worth it. In addition, he's not much worse than the other guys we have been trotting out there recently.
To me he has been a lot worse than either Profar or Rua. We have seen with Banister that he will stick with the guy since he is a veteran no matter how bad he hits. The risk, and it is a big one I think, is if Gomez doesn't hit and remains in the lineup. He could remind us of Wash sticking with Berkman. We just got rid of Prince being a hole in the lineup and here we are bringing in another guy who can potentially hit worse than Prince.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me he has been a lot worse than either Profar or Rua. We have seen with Banister that he will stick with the guy since he is a veteran no matter how bad he hits. The risk, and it is a big one I think, is if Gomez doesn't hit and remains in the lineup. He could remind us of Wash sticking with Berkman. We just got rid of Prince being a hole in the lineup and here we are bringing in another guy who can potentially hit worse than Prince.

Let him play first and it will decide itself.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just focus on the Chirinos situation. Hope that gets dealt with.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let him play first and it will decide itself.
That kind of defeats the purpose of having this board to begin with though doesn't it. Or at least a significant part of it.

Seriously though, we might not enjoy how long it takes Banister to decide.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just focus on the Chirinos situation. Hope that gets dealt with.
There is not much to worry about the Chirinos situation other than Banny playing him a game too many every week.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kind of defeats the purpose of having this board to begin with though doesn't it. Or at least a significant part of it.

Seriously though, we might not enjoy how long it takes Banister to decide.

Gomez is the ultimate low risk. He's on the roster over Stubbs. I am fine with that. Texas doesn't need Stubbs and DeShields on the same roster.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gomez is the ultimate low risk. He's on the roster over Stubbs. I am fine with that. Texas doesn't need Stubbs and DeShields on the same roster.
I don't mind him being on the roster. That isn't a problem. The problem to me is Banister saying Gomez is here to start.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind him being on the roster. That isn't a problem. The problem to me is Banister saying Gomez is here to start.

Over Delino...Profar isn't a LF and Rua should stick to first and RF platoon.