• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoke's WR's

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they lose out on the chance to recruit the AC's and Desmond's of the world.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol. How many AC's and Desmond's has Michigan had? There aren't that many to begin with.

Hell J, using your line of logic, we should all be pissed because we're not getting the Charles Woodson's of the world either.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. How many AC's and Desmond's has Michigan had? There aren't that many to begin with.

Hell J, using your line of logic, we should all be pissed because we're not getting the Charles Woodson's of the world either.

Chief, let me give you a lesson you never learned in the Army. If you don't try to be the best, you will never get there. I want a head coach of Michigan to think that the best 85 football players in the country should be on scholarship at Michigan. And the rest of the players should want to be.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chief, let me give you a lesson you never learned in the Army. If you don't try to be the best, you will never get there. I want a head coach of Michigan to think that the best 85 football players in the country should be on scholarship at Michigan. And the rest of the players should want to be.

I'm pretty sure that is the philosophy of every coach. Eventually these elite WR's will start to take notice. I mean it's not as if Hoke and company haven't tried...

In the absence of the elite WR's signing now, then my money is on the tall average WR's over the short average ones.

Nice shot at the Army by the way. :lame:

WolverinePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you have to deflect? Did what I say upset you?

I wasn't deflecting but merely giving you a rebuttal to what you said about us developing players.

I'm sorry OSU can't develop QB's but those are the Facts

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the absence of the elite WR's signing now, then my money is on the tall average WR's over the short average ones.

Again, there's the difference. you put your money on average and accept average. I guess that's better than "Look sharp, be sharp".

Nice shot at the Army by the way.

That was a shot but it wasn't aimed at the army. You can take that as a personal affront.

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you aren't getting this. Show me where Hoke hasn't went after/offered any elite WR's.

They chose not to come to Michigan, it wasn't Michigan that didn't choose them.

So, when all that is left to choose from are the less than elite WR's, I'll take the taller WR's. When all other measurable's are relatively the same, you can't teach the 5'10" WR to be 6'3". I'd give the 6'3" (not elite) WR a better chance against the 6' DB's than an 5'10" (not elite) WR. That is all I was getting at.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

to repeat what was already stated, they have offered athletic receivers that are under 6 ft, they just didn't land them... and Norfleet was signed by Hoke, so there is no prejudice against midgets... you just won't see nearly as many of them as you did during the previous regime.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, let me take a stab and see if I have you right. By coming out and stating his preference for the prototypical taller WR, Hoke feels that the risk of alienating a few "short guys" is worth the chance that he might land a "big fish" WR. I disagree with that but I can understand it.

I thought Norfleet was brought in as a RB and was working out as a CB.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why you aren't getting this. Show me where Hoke hasn't went after/offered any elite WR's.

They chose not to come to Michigan, it wasn't Michigan that didn't choose them.

So, when all that is left to choose from are the less than elite WR's, I'll take the taller WR's. When all other measurable's are relatively the same, you can't teach the 5'10" WR to be 6'3". I'd give the 6'3" (not elite) WR a better chance against the 6' DB's than an 5'10" (not elite) WR. That is all I was getting at.

Good thing you didn't choose the Navy. You missed the boat by a mile.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Norfleet was brought in as a RB and was working out as a CB.

yeah but Hoke also likes big and strong running backs like Deveon Smith and Derrick Green, but yet he offered a small speedster... it's not completely black and white with him, there are shades of gray.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah but Hoke also likes big and strong running backs like Deveon Smith and Derrick Green, but yet he offered a small speedster... it's not completely black and white with him, there are shades of gray.

...and promptly banished him to the defense. Pretty complex.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hoke has addressed areas the Wolverines were deficient. O-Line, I doubt anyone can find fault with his handling of the O-Line recruiting. In the same fashion Hoke see an area the Wolverines were lacking....the big physical wideout. He addressed the position. Maybe he didn't get a guy or two he wanted but he did invest schollies to the position.

It's like the lame argument the B1G doesn't recruit speed like the SEC. I can see the meeting between a B1G coach and a flat out fast kid....I am sorry as good of an athlete as you are your just to dang fast for the B1G! If the player has skills the team offers if they go elsewhere thats the way the system works but I doubt it's for lack of effort.

I do agree J that I wish UofM had a DRob like guy that played WR. The havoc that type of guy could make would be huge.....look at what D Rob did in just a few games as a WR. I just don't think it was for lack of trying to recruit that type of guy.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like the lame argument the B1G doesn't recruit speed like the SEC. I can see the meeting between a B1G coach and a flat out fast kid....I am sorry as good of an athlete as you are your just to dang fast for the B1G! If the player has skills the team offers if they go elsewhere thats the way the system works but I doubt it's for lack of effort.

Ha! I think Wisconsin might do just that. But seriously, some teams like OSU and NEB prioritize speed more than Michigan does. Just like Meyer isn't going to reject a guy that runs a legit 4.3/40 because he happens to be 6'6". I understand that different offenses require different needs. I think it all goes back to the fact that I prefer to watch a spread offense over pro-style. Not saying it is better, just my preference.

I do agree J that I wish UofM had a DRob like guy that played WR. The havoc that type of guy could make would be huge.....look at what D Rob did in just a few games as a WR. I just don't think it was for lack of trying to recruit that type of guy

I always thought DRob was best suited as a tailback in college but his lack of blocking skills (assumed) prohibited him playing there for Hoke. We have a similar type guy in Norfleet, as non mentioned. We will see if they are able to fit him into the offense or not.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRob is above Norfleet in athleticism.....That's why you put the ball in his hands every play....Norfleet will be lucky to see 5-7 touches a game.....Huge difference in talent.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DRob is above Norfleet in athleticism.....That's why you put the ball in his hands every play....Norfleet will be lucky to see 5-7 touches a game.....Huge difference in talent.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Next you will tell the folks I am nitpicking Hoke's recruiting because I don't care for his style of offense.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Captain Obvious. Next you will tell the folks I am nitpicking Hoke's recruiting because I don't care for his style of offense.

Not at all. I love the Spread and think if RR was given more time it could have worked in the BIG........It didn't and RR had to move on......so be it.....

Quite Frankly, I made the argument that with RR offense and Mattisons' defense Michigan would have been deadly....

It wasn't in the cards.

With all that said......Norfleet is a mosquito compared to Drob.....Not taking anything away from Dennis other then he isn't remotely close to the talent Drob had.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and promptly banished him to the defense. Pretty complex.

he was only training on defense for the bowl game where we were short on corners, he is back on offense now as you've seen in the spring game...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was only training on defense for the bowl game where we were short on corners, he is back on offense now as you've seen in the spring game...

Either way, your point was made and conceded. Any word on whether he is going to return kickoffs as well as punts this year?