• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hoke's WR's

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to know what his philosophy is here... Urban Meyer is taking 5' 11'' guys who run 4.3's and can juke you out of your shoes.

I know this because we're going after the same guys.

Nebraska has the best WR corps in the B1G by far right now and only one of them has exceptional size. They're all speedsters with elite athleticism and catching ability. Nobody over 6' 3''

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 not so tall wide receivers offered by Michigan...
5'11 Alvin Bailey
6'0 Devon Allen
5'11 Sebastian Larue
6'1 Kevin Gladney
6'0 James Quick
6'1 Jordan Cunningham
5'11 Richard Benjamin
6'1 James Onwuala
6'1 Robert Wheelright

I did see a disturbing trend of 2/3 of the receiving recruits being 6'2 or above. I for one want RR back to target the 5'8 guys. I noticed the same thing with the offensive line as well.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to know what his philosophy is here... Urban Meyer is taking 5' 11'' guys who run 4.3's and can juke you out of your shoes.

I know this because we're going after the same guys.

Nebraska has the best WR corps in the B1G by far right now and only one of them has exceptional size. They're all speedsters with elite athleticism and catching ability. Nobody over 6' 3''

Shhhhh. Small receivers can't work in a league like the B1G (sarcasm). You need to be strong like bull so you can run over tiny defenders (more of same)

Good post

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ridiculed my opinion that Michigan should recruit talented receivers rather than focus on tall receivers.

No I didn't...maybe youre having trouble understanding. I ridiculed your assertion that Hoke was recruiting size over talent. Because I don't think he is. Hoke isn't going to rule out a talented guy based on size.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 not so tall wide receivers offered by Michigan...
5'11 Alvin Bailey
6'0 Devon Allen
5'11 Sebastian Larue
6'1 Kevin Gladney
6'0 James Quick
6'1 Jordan Cunningham
5'11 Richard Benjamin
6'1 James Onwuala
6'1 Robert Wheelright

I did see a disturbing trend of 2/3 of the receiving recruits being 6'2 or above. I for one want RR back to target the 5'8 guys. I noticed the same thing with the offensive line as well.

We offered but never seriously targeted anyone on you list. Hoke and Borges have made it abundantly clear they want tall receivers.

all seven of Hoke's WR recruits are 6'2" or taller. You think recruits don't notice that?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I didn't...maybe youre having trouble understanding. I ridiculed your assertion that Hoke was recruiting size over talent. Because I don't think he is. Hoke isn't going to rule out a talented guy based on size.

The proof is in the pudding. Name me a receiver under 6'2" that Michigan has aggressively pursued.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to me after viewing the recruiting rankings that Hoke was offering the top ranked recruits...many of whom happen to be tall(imagine that).

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We offered but never seriously targeted anyone on you list. Hoke and Borges have made it abundantly clear they want tall receivers

Im an expert and you are an insider!

The proof is in the pudding. Name me a receiver under 6'2" that Michigan has aggressively pursued.

So they just offered schollys to guys to make all the target shorter receivers crowd happy...that makes sense...I stand corrected.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in...Hoke has benched Jeremy Gallon. He has set the wr depth chart in order of height.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't it true that smaller quicker receivers are a better fit for spread offenses?

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they just offered schollys to guys to make all the target shorter receivers crowd happy...that makes sense...I stand corrected.

Are you really trying to tell me that Hoke has targeted receivers of all sizes yet was only able to land receivers in the tallest 10-15% of the field? Quite the statistical anomaly.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it true that smaller quicker receivers are a better fit for spread offenses?

Isn't it true that there hasn't been an All-American wide receiver in the last five years over 6'2?

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know J is you're knocking Hoke's recruiting before these WR's have even had a chance. So far, they haven't failed yet.

I have a good feeling about this season. Better than I have in a while. We may not duplicate 2011 win/loss record, but I think production will be improved.

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know J is you're knocking Hoke's recruiting before these WR's have even had a chance. So far, they haven't failed yet.

I have a good feeling about this season. Better than I have in a while. We may not duplicate 2011 win/loss record, but I think production will be improved.

Chief, take off your maize and blue glasses and show me where I "knocked" Hoke. I just don't agree with his philosophy that taller receivers are, in general, better receivers regardless of the type of offense. Michigan's receiver coach (can't remember his name) claims speed is overrated. I disagree with all my heart.

They get ND, NEB, & the nuts in AA. That will help. I like DG and think he can be the best QB in the conference this season. The injury losses are going to hurt but Mattison has shown he can perform miracles. Haven't heard how Countess is doing but he will be needed against NEB and the nuts.

WolverinePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the reason you aren't getting top flight WRs has to do with the fact that you haven't had a WR drafted any higher than the 3rd round in 9 years. Maybe if you start developing these kids properly you'll attract more top-flight kids. Can't put the cart before the horse.

as opposed to you guys developing QB's?

When's that going to start happening?

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really resent the lack of reason and sensibility in a statement like that. Before you deify Alabama, keep in mind that they have lost two more home games than Michigan has in the last two years and needed politicking to even play in the NC game.

well gee J, no one is perfect, even the mighty Alabama managed to lose a few games here and there, but it didn't stop them from winning 3 recent titles while playing boring and predictable football... something that your exciting high flying spread teams are incapable of doing... but your biased opinion about "21st century football" is all that matters... lets do this again sometime when you're bored and feel like whining about something...

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to disappoint today so I will acquiese the following points in order to save time;

1) All things Hoke are great,
2) If Hoke were to stumble, it is RR's fault,
3) Jalopy must be a fraud because no true Michigan fanatic would dare criticize the fiefdom, and
4) Wisconsin better check their archives because we not only stole their blueprint, we improved it (Yayyyyyyyy!)

I now take my leave and forfeit the thread to the cheering squad. Where the heck is Windy (John Galt) anyway?

Last edited by a moderator:

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
..biased opinion..

Sorry, I almost missed that gem. Should I put a qualifier on all my posts that my opinions are my own and may be influenced by my experiences, thoughts, and readings? Where the heck has DW gone anyway.

nonbcsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when your little hissy fit is over I'll be happy to explain to you why your opinions are not objective... until then, keep on whining, not everyone on this board had the pleasure of experiencing your meltdowns... cheerio, and as always, go blue!

jalopy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be happy to explain to you why your opinions are not objective...

Objective is a statement that is completely unbiased. It is not touched by the speaker’s previous experiences or tastes. It is verifiable by looking up facts or performing mathematical calculations. In other words, facts.

Opinions, on the other hand, are subjective and reflect the perspective through which the opiner views reality (this should be an open door for you non).

Conclusion: Objective Opinion is a contradiction of terms.

Cheese with your whine?