• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hodgson finally gets a goal / point

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've been reading he's been playing well but has just been snake bit when it comes to scoring.

Game highlights: MooseTV

coryberg2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Speaking of the moose...

Connauton is rippin it up. he has 4 goals in 6 games, not bad for a 20 year old d-man.

Lack has been no slouch as well (1.96GAA .931sv%)

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Speaking of the moose...

Connauton is rippin it up. he has 4 goals in 6 games, not bad for a 20 year old d-man.

Lack has been no slouch as well (1.96GAA .931sv%)

he's a keeper for sure.
He was a monster on the Giants last year.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think patience is the key here. A year (or two) in the AHL never ruined a career.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I think patience is the key here. A year (or two) in the AHL never ruined a career.

I agree. He hasn't had a sustained healthy stretch for a long, long time. Let him dominate (hopefully) at that level for a while. He and Schroeder are the next wave. Connauton, too.
I thought Spezza was rotting in the A for his first few years, but he turned out pretty well. He had a full season in Binghamton after scoring 20+ with 50+ points in the NHL.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im going to forget about him and be pleased when and if he makes the team in the next 2 years. :)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he wants to fasttrack things ... he might make a great late season call up for the playoffs

The answer is meant to give away very little but says it all about Cody Hodgson.
"I'm feeling better every game," says Hodgson when asked about his health.

And looking better too.

Friday night was arguably Hodgson's best game as a pro as he scored twice and picked up an assist to lead the Moose to a 6-5 win over the Grand Rapids Griffins before 6,397 soppy fans on Dollar Beer Night at Van Andel Arena.

The first-round pick and Team Canada junior star had it all on display Friday night, using his offensive instincts to create openings and find open players as well as showing a goal-scoring side that gave him his fourth and fifth of the season.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is a wonderful thing. I'm happy to see him finding his game in the A. Nothing like learning to be a pro while playing first line minutes instead of <10 in the NHL.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
anyone going to Abbotsford at the end of the month to see some Mooses?
(Nov 26, 27)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 point (2 goals) night last night as they talked about him on hnic hot stove

for a guy whos had such bad luck the past couple years, things apear to be changing ... everything is going in for him right now

Game Summaries | Manitoba Moose

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In his last 6 games he has 10pts (7-3) and has been the 1st star twice and the 2nd star twice.

he's only going to get better.

mooger_35

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you spell #1? C-O-D-Y

Posted on: Monday, November 15th, 2010
By Gary Lawless, Winnipeg Free Press

The reports sliding across Canucks GM Mike Gillis's desk will all be saying the same thing.

Whether it's Canucks pro scout Eric Crawford, assistant GM Lorne Henning or Moose coach Claude Noel, they'll all be singing the same tune: Cody Hodgson is the best player skating for the Manitoba Moose right now.

Hodgson leads the Moose in goals with nine and points with 13. He's scored six goals in four games and is fourth in AHL scoring among rookies. Hodgson is among the best prospects the Canucks have ever bestowed on the Moose. Right up there with Cory Schneider, Ryan Kesler and Alex Edler.

Hodgson is still incomplete as a player, but with each night the rough spots get a little smoother. After missing almost all of last season with a back ailment, Hodgson is close to feeling 100 per cent and it shows in his play as he's skating better while feeling more confident about his body and where it can take him.

The 10th pick overall in the 2008 NHL draft picked up two goals and an assist on Saturday night as the Moose won their fourth game in a row with a 6-2 spanking of the Rochester Americans.

"Cody has a high hockey intellect and for me if a player has that he'll learn where he is. If he was in the NHL, he would adjust his game and learn the lessons he needs," said Moose coach Claude Noel. "He'll learn them here too. Smart players find their way. Cody could find his way up there."

The Moose play in Abbotsford against the Heat in two weeks and already there is a throng of Vancouver media planning to make the drive. No doubt Hodgson will be the focus of most of the stories. Gillis will begin to hear it's time for his prized prospect to get a little time in The Show.

"That's Vancouver's call and I really don't want to touch that one. I'd like to see Cody spend a little more time here, I think it would be good for him," said Noel. "It's a little bit early. He's just starting to play well. I think his game has constantly risen. It's on the rise but the true test is when he faces adversity. I'd like to see him face adversity here first."

Hodgson certainly faced adversity last season getting into just 13 games with the OHL's Brampton Battalion. His back kept him off the ice and then out of the gym until mid-August.

"It's a comfort level and an awareness level out there. I'm feeling more energized and feeling fresh. It's getting better all the time," said Hodgson.

Hodgson steers away from questions about a recall to the Canucks.

"I'm not focused on that and it's not up to me. I'm gonna do my best wherever I am. I'm having fun here with a great bunch of guys," he said. "We have a great room. The goal is to be in the NHL and I'll do whatever I can to get there. But I'm just getting used to playing hockey again. Confidence is huge and I'm starting to get mine. Our line is starting to roll and it's a lot of fun."