• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey Rev!

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checkin' to see what's happening with the keeper league. And wondering what the hell I'm gonna do with Moustakas as a keeper. :noidea:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checkin' to see what's happening with the keeper league. And wondering what the hell I'm gonna do with Moustakas as a keeper. :noidea:

Yahoo Leagues start on the 30th so I'll send out an e-mail to everyone once I get the league registered. Draft and Keeper date will be determined once I find out the dates they count for week one.

Moustakas...........he came up 25th on my 3rd base rankings, site rankings for third will be out Friday.
I'm still trying to decide on my keepers and see who I can maybe trade for.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo Leagues start on the 30th so I'll send out an e-mail to everyone once I get the league registered. Draft and Keeper date will be determined once I find out the dates they count for week one.

Moustakas...........he came up 25th on my 3rd base rankings, site rankings for third will be out Friday.

This is where I'm a little confused. Don't I already have to keep Moustakas? Or do I set my keepers by the keeper date? I think I just answered my own question...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I've got it. I understand and am ready to roll. I already have a trade I'd like to offer someone, but I have a feeling it's way too early. With the understanding that all offseason trades must be kept, it makes things a bit more tricky...and much more interesting. What the hell, the worst he can do is say no, right?

I. am. getting. antsy. for. baseball. :rollseyes:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is where I'm a little confused. Don't I already have to keep Moustakas? Or do I set my keepers by the keeper date? I think I just answered my own question...

You just answered your own question :clap:
The only players that you have to keep are the ones that you trade for before the keeper deadline (even though trades are allowed early, none usually happen until everyone signs up).

For your team right now, I see Cano, Adam Jones, Craig Kimbrel, Gerrit Cole and Oscar Taveras as no brainers.

After that Aroldis Chapman, Justin Verlander & J.J. Hardy are the top brand names. Castro could be considered just to lock up catcher or Ben Revere if you go after steals. There will be some good players available in the early rounds that you'll be able to make up for a few questionable keepers if you throw a dart at a guy like J.B. Shuck.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just answered your own question :clap:
The only players that you have to keep are the ones that you trade for before the keeper deadline (even though trades are allowed early, none usually happen until everyone signs up).

For your team right now, I see Cano, Adam Jones, Craig Kimbrel, Gerrit Cole and Oscar Taveras as no brainers.

After that Aroldis Chapman, Justin Verlander & J.J. Hardy are the top brand names. Castro could be considered just to lock up catcher or Ben Revere if you go after steals. There will be some good players available in the early rounds that you'll be able to make up for a few questionable keepers if you throw a dart at a guy like J.B. Shuck.

Right now I'm looking at either Verlander or Taveras as the odd man out, with Chapman in. I'm sure Philabuster will pop a cork when he sees this post. Still plenty of time. :rollseyes:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The more I think about it, JV is looking like the guy who's out. I'm pretty much in love with the idea of keeping both Kimbrel and Chapman.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just 6 keepers?

That's what I thought, but once again I may be mistaken. Looks like 8 for this season with an additional 2 minor league keepers beginning in 2015...is this correct, Rev? The other rules I'm good on...MI, CI, 4 FA picks a week. I just seem to be a bit keeper-challenged at the moment.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From NBC.com today, 1/27/14

Mike Moustakas is in The Best Shape of His Life

Sam Mellinger @mellinger Follow
Take it for what it's worth, but Mike Moustakas is in Arizona, and I hear he looks in good shape. Lost weight, good muscle tone, etc.
[ame="https://twitter.com/mellinger/statuses/427908049072697344"]12:56 PM - 27 Jan 2014[/ame]

[ame="https://twitter.com/mellinger/statuses/427908049072697344"]32 Replies [/ame]

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, D...not sure I wanna buy into that...

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I'm looking at either Verlander or Taveras as the odd man out, with Chapman in. I'm sure Philabuster will pop a cork when he sees this post. Still plenty of time. :rollseyes:

That's what I thought, but once again I may be mistaken. Looks like 8 for this season with an additional 2 minor league keepers beginning in 2015...is this correct, Rev? The other rules I'm good on...MI, CI, 4 FA picks a week. I just seem to be a bit keeper-challenged at the moment.

It's 8 for this year and next year it will be 8 plus 2 minor league players.

You'll be able to keep Verlander, Chapman & Taveras.

And yea I'm slow getting on here so an e-mail would be better if you need faster confirmation on anything.
Yahoo opens Friday............

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's 8 for this year and next year it will be 8 plus 2 minor league players.

You'll be able to keep Verlander, Chapman & Taveras.

And yea I'm slow getting on here so an e-mail would be better if you need faster confirmation on anything.
Yahoo opens Friday............

JV thanks you. He was very nervous about not making my soon-to-be championship team, but now that he has, he vows to be more like the Verlander of old. :nod:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm starting to think we both got the same bunk info. Maybe tomorrow though?

:noidea:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to check the old e-mail again. It's go time

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JV thanks you. He was very nervous about not making my soon-to-be championship team, but now that he has, he vows to be more like the Verlander of old. :nod:

I'm starting to think we both got the same bunk info. Maybe tomorrow though?

:noidea:

It's go time. Chris, I sent you your invite.